KO Transformer Delivery Schedule

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by agesthreeandup, Nov 19, 2007.

1. starscream.pt

starscream.pt Well-Known Member

you are comparing old worn incomplete item with a case fresh mint misb one, no wonder the price is looking so close to each other, try buying a mint case fresh misb original and try to win under 400USD ...

2. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

Why does it matter if it's a MISB KO, it's still only a fake.

3. starscream.pt

fake because it is not official? does that make it any diferent from the original?

4. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

Yes, apart from the legal/ethical aspect, I can't see the attraction in paying a premium for a fake box that was made a couple of weeks ago by bootleggers.

5. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:

MISB originals are ORIGINALS.. they weren't made last week, those sealed mint boxes have survived over 20 years!!!!!!

That's the ONLY reason the original MISB G1's are so much money, it's very rare to find original MISB C10 Transformers

MISB KO's aren't rare, there's thousands of them, and any joe blow can get his hands on one, but you can't just up and decide you want to pick up an original MISB C10 G1 Mirage, hop on ebay, and BIN one.

THAT'S why they are special and worth more.

6. GavynN.X.

GavynN.X. I want AM thundercracker

News Credits:
    So:
    1. Original G1 is special because it is worth more

2. Original G1 is worth more because it was made 20 years ago

3. KO is not as special because they were made recently

4. KO is not official

5. But KO is special to some people because they have dreamt of owning a G1 Transformer for a long time, but cant' do so because the originals are expensive

6. People who buy KO enjoy it for their own reasons

7. (Some) People who support originals seem to not want people who buy KO to enjoy it for their own reasons.

8. (Some) people who support originals think it is wrong to sell KOs to collectors who assume they are originals.

Am I off?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
  7. Skywarp181

Skywarp181 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

thats what it seems like.. I really dont care what anyone says.. i like the ko's cuz of the box.

8. starscream.pt

geez this KO issue is almost as shocking as the abortion issue, relax dudes, point of the KO is bringing the old figures exactly like they were at affordable prices, for those complaining about legal matters, well, just think of all the ripped games and mp3's on your pcs will ya?

;) 

9. Skywarp181

Skywarp181 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

lol...:lol  thats true....

10. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

who cares about the KO, the point is my Mirage that I bought is flawless.
    joints are more than tight, and not a single scratch on it.....

1) it is a MINT original, for the most part oooo whoopie not MISB, IT'S ORIGINAL!!!!!
    there is no chrome wear no scratches no stickers applied, no cracks in tires, joints
    so damn tight I thought i'd break it. no yellowing whatsoever. case fresh???, case
    fresh for G1 transformers ceased 15+ years ago, if you can afford a AFA top rated
    TF MISB, then I say do it, I would still rather buy an out of box original if it's MINT,
    than an unofficial KO, but if I can't find one then so be it.... but I will always know
    it was NOT A REAL TRANSFORMER, no matter how solid it is.

2) it is complete, the box may be worn but... IT'S ORIGINAL!!!!

3) I don't have anything against KO's, in fact I stated I was about to buy one, due
    only to the fact of not finding a good 80's Mirage under $100, I have no problem
    displaying an old car in an old box.

4) I guess old school collectors those of us who are 25+ have a differnet view on
    what is worth more to us.

5) KO's have their place as unofficial place holders in a collection, never to say that
    "I have an original (name here) and it's 20 yo MISB" ummmm no.

I knock no one for buying KO's, because if they were cheaper I would
    buy a Mirage for out of box display and to mess with while the original sat on the
    shelf untouched, I do want to get the Diaclone red Mirage, and maybe the clear
    one, but due to $$$ they will have to wait as I am concentrating on getting the
    Encores that I want that are real TF's, I do like minty fresh things, which is why I
    have been waiting for Ratchet and Ironhide in Encore, and the Jazz, I have the
    CSIII Jazz, and I don't like the gay American versions of the Weapons, I will sell to buy the Encore. I don't like cracked rubber, but don't ever think all 20+ yo TF's are
    junk, just because they aren't new. and I want a Wheeljack, but there is a very big difference in Nostalgia, and for the most part, that is all that matters.

Old original toys = good childhood memories
    KO's = a quick fix for a good feeling with nothing behind it.

and KO's may be illegal, but hmmm that is the only thing I agree with SS.pt on,
    while no one at the toy companies seem to be saying anything about them, due to
    the fact probably that they never ever planned on re-releasing them so it's not like
    they are competing for anything, I DO AGREE that they should be so marked so that
    they never be passed off as "ORIGINAL" and I have seen people trying to pass them off
    as original MISB, and so that they never compete with originals devaluing in anyway.
    while Reissues are not Original either but they are official and actual Transformers,
    I do like the fact that the boxes are within parameters accurate, but if you know what
    to look for and there are posts here that state the differences.

the only problem I see is when they start popping up out of box, like my Mirage is
    flawless and unworn, then is when it will be a problem for collectors.

11. Yigal

Yigal Dutch Meeting camera man

Ebay:
    :lolol 

12. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

So why not save up and buy the real thing? Isn't it more rewarding that way, apart from the fact that you still don't actually have a G1 figure?

Nothing of the sort, we just don't consider it a good thing that no one can be certain what's real and may be taken for a ride, whether it's buying fake boxed figures, fake parts, whatever.

13. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Yes, but instead of a 20+ year old toy, you've got a brand new toy that's remarkably similar to the 20+ year old one in its prime. Just like the reissues. I'd rather have something NEW that I can rip out of the box and transform without feeling like I need to use kid gloves.

Chris

14. therealjondoe

therealjondoe Well-Known Member

yeah but bootleg merchandise is still bootleg. its not a real transformer. just like if you were to buy fake designer clothes of for example jordan sneakers. i also collect jordan sneakers in addition to transformers. when a sneaker collector sees a person with ko sneakers its like a joke. you laugh at them. how do you feel when you look at your collection and think to yourself wow i wish i had the real devastator but its cool i have a FAKE one. i think you should just save your money and search for a real one.

15. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spot on mate, I bought a KO prime and I hate looking at it so its up for trade to those who do like them, its piracy and I wont support it

16. starscream.pt

Do all the KO haters also hate official reissues? Currently Ko's suck and look bad (according to sum people) but if hasbro was to give them producers legal permission to make these would they still suck? If so, that can't be called nothing else but tabu.

17. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    So don't. Just don't whine and bitch at everyone who does buy them. And don't take shots at those who sell them AND raise awareness of them as well; save that for the scumbags on eBay. I saw your comments towards Spencer in the Metroplex KO thread, and frankly you need a bloody great big mental slap for them. He does everything he can to ensure that people KNOW what they are buying.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
  18. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Gonna keep saying this; BRING ON THE WHEELJACK!

19. starscream.pt

i second that and add "AND DONT FORGET SUNSTREAKER!!"

20. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    well.... i'm in the 25+ crowd. 29 in fact. You know i NEVER had wheeljack or sunstreaker.. i did have a couple dinobots and loved them, and uh.. hehe sharkticon was a joke but would be fun to have again. see... i bought them once. i enjoyed them. i loved the transformations and enjoyed the different modes. still, if i want to relive those memories, i truly believe it's the action of the toys.. the act of playing with.. that i'd want back. If it's an inexpensive knock-off that's fine. even if i have to pay out some hard-earned cash in excess of 50 bucks and upwards of 200, well if i want that feeling back again i'll pay it, same as the rest of you (be your preference knock-off or original). I always wondered what it would be like to have a "Wheeljack" or my very own "Sunstreaker", or to have my Mirage back after all this time, or to reclaim all the dinobots i knew and loved, and to be quite honest, if they're knock-off's it really is okay. As long as they transform like the originals, the sheer play-value = win. My childhood memories weren't MISB, so why should my nostalgic toys be any different? It's not cheating myself when I know i'm doing it just for the fun of having an old favourite come home, or to find a new favourite who will come to play with his old friends. As for quality? Well sure there might be some quality issues, but we all take risks, even as buyers of old and rare TF's. Hell, why should the overall quality even matter to MISB-folks? You'll never get to know if the joints are tight anyway :wink:  . When it comes to quality, sometimes we get burned and as members of the 25+ crowd, we should be able to handle disappointment by now, suck it up, and move on.
    There are some things completists and purists can buy.
    For everyone else, there's Knock-offs.
    Each person's happiness is their own right, and the pursuit is equally personal. You do it your way, and i'll do it mine.
    K-O Bommander Grimlock ftw!
    Autobot Spike has spoken.
    -A.S.