KO Transformer Delivery Schedule

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by agesthreeandup, Nov 19, 2007.

1. starscream.pt

starscream.pt Well-Known Member

thank god wheeljack and sunstreaker are on its way, but i'd like to know a couple of things, i saw the early image of a ko wheeljack and it seemed gorgeous but then i saw the final product image and it sucked in what concerns the box because wheeljack's art was way cutted out, is it going to be like that?? or just like the original?

2. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Welcome back to the KO thread :horse: 
    :horse: 

3. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Gnaw, huh?

I've been looking for a complete Gnaw for a reasonable price for several years ... but I haven't found one that was in either good condition or for a reasonable price.

The news about a KO Gnaw gave me hopes ... until I read the projected price. :( 

-airfox

4. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

if u dont like it so much why did u bother to take the time to post, twice! are u defending the kos?

5. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

u are 100% correct.

6. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

Ya know with the prices of what it costs to buy an official Wheeljack & Sunstreaker, I may just break down and buy these KO reissues in January. I have been trying to acquire official releases of these 2 bots for quite sometime, only to be constantly outbid on them on eBay. :( 

7. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm just missing one freaking Wheeljack wing, and I'll probably buy the KO.

8. starscream.pt

starscream.pt Well-Known Member

In fact i like the vintage because yeah they are vintage, it feels incredibly well to find something that came to you directly from the 80's, totally forgotten in an oldshop's shelf or storage. Although i'm not agaisnt KO's (and want that wheeljack badly) i think that if i didnt own the original stuff i would not be 100% satisfied cuz i would KNOW what i had in possession is not really an authentic figure from the past but one made in china recently.

But then again this might be just "my thing" for the past.

9. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

All over that Wheeljack when it hits, seeing as the mold is dead :( 

10. Blue Meanie

No, just every time the KO's are brought up at all, the same people come into every thread to voice what they think of what they think of Knock offs or what they cost. There are now dozens of threads on the same topic of discussion, including ones dedicated to it. This was a thread about when they are going to be released, it no longer is.

11. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

$170 for a KO Devastator is probably the most hysterical thing I've ever heard. The only thing that would make it even funnier is someone actually buying it. HAHA, good Lord. I'll go down to Big Lots or friggin Walgreens and get one for 5 bucks. Even at G1 Quality the thing is a POS. The ONLY reason it would be worth anything at all would be if it's a legit vintage toy. No friggin way is a KO worth that much. Same can be said for all these things. The only reason they are selling them for that much is because schmucks are paying it.

12. Blue Meanie

I have been called worse. I love seeing these threads degenerate. The Anti KO people get FIRED up boy.

13. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

This KO company seems to be located outside of reality. Those prices are insane.

14. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Would love to take advantage of guys like Wheeljack and Sunny but if the prices are going to be crazy then I'll probably just keep pinching pennies for the originals. Sucks about what were hearing about the prices of some of these, never had Wheeljack or Sunstreaker so this would have been a good way of picking up a holdover set.

15. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    The prices for these are getting a little out of hand. Gnaw should never be more than a Dinobot.

16. Oric

Oric Well-Known Member

Huh, well in the end Grimlock isn't worth a grand. Nice toy, remember seeing him kicking around when I was seven but not worth a grand. A used car is probably a better route. Now maybe people who buy a replica that is just as good for an outrageous 70 dollars is absurd. Cetainly he is less absurd than one paying 1000 dollars. That is only a guess.

Plus appreciating the toy has something to do with playing with it. Hey remember when we used to play with transformers? Now for the mint in box crowd I can see why this would upset you. As connaisuers of the adult-reliving-childhood market without actually reliving it, I can see why the value of your stock becomes questionable.

If it looks right, plays right, fits into your collection and you can appreciate it then good for you. If only the original maccoy can do it for you alright then that's great too. As collectors for MISB it just made your job a little tougher is all. It isn't the knock off company's fault that ebay sellers are trying to dupe you; though admittedly they certainly do nothing to try to dissuade it.

The dinobots will make a fine addition to my collection, effectively completing all theo nes I even care to get into it. THe old toys are descent but the nostalgia is in remembering the experience of seeing these things for the first time to me, not in what Diaclone did before Hasbro bought them out. I think all of us would appreciate a legitimized reissue but as stated before, it just hasn't happened for some of these.

17. SunstreakerNZ

SunstreakerNZ New Member

I'm happy buying a KO for display...i got a KO Mirage for 50 bucks, fine by me

18. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

I just bought an almost flawless Mirage complete with box on Ebay for $50,
    and I know it's original, and the box is older and worn, but still well displayable
    only things missing is the red decoder the bubble / cardboard insert & stickers.
    I can buy an original sticker sheet for about $10, and I have made a custom insert.

it did however take months to find it priced right without a bidding war, one guy just
    so happened to have a Buy It Now, so i came and went. after debating on the KO's
    I decided to go for the real deal, which was far cheaper considering $60 - 70 for the car
    and $20 for shipping.... no thanks.

in short I got a real '84 Pre Rub Mirage for less than the KO.

next move is to get a real in great shape wheeljack, I just have to play the waiting
    game.....

and too I would definately buy the KO's if they were way cheaper.

19. quest

quest Active Member

im just waiting for a KO ghost starscream...I'd easily drop $80 on one of those.

20. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would LOVE for these people to make a couple of BT KO's:

1. A Dodge Ram Tailbreaker based on Nemesis Prime with Swindles head (maybe a Hoist too)
    2. A Subaru Prowl... Similar to the Red Alert release but with the right head.

If they're good quality then my money is theirs. :) 

Steve.