KO TR Legends Gnaw upsize/remold/recolor

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Mar 12, 2017.

1. kmopotato

kmopotato spends too much on this shit

If they give this wrist swivels, it could double as a nice ankle joint for sale mode.

2. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YES PLEASE !!!

as for this shartikon , if they are priced like the upsized powerglide that I bought, then I will be buying about 50 of them LOL

• Like Like x 1
  3. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

I was about to purchase my first Sharkticon. I'm glad I waited for yet another option. Patience always pays off.

4. SHADDO

SHADDO Arashikage Decepticon

Well, considering the $40 price tag of the original figure at legends class scale...maybe not.

HOWEVER, considering HasTak likely won't ever produce one themselves, AND they are also iconic to the 80's movie with the Sharkticons and Quintessons as guards/Sharkticon herders...they would most definitely sell to those fans (like myself and others here), who would like to have a few of them to go with our Sharkticons and Quintessons.

The legends class would probably be okay if nothing else, but an OS scaled up to at least a small to full deluxe would be better. I'd like at least 2-4 of them personally, and I know at least a couple of my friends would get at least that many also.

At a good KO price, like Powerglide and company, they'd definitely sell well, especially for the cartoon and 80's movie fan collectors.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'd likely grab 4 - 5 myself...wouldn't need to have their number be as great as the Sharkticons...hook it up...

6. SHADDO

While you're at it, and if you don't mind, maybe also inquire about plans for OS Insecticons and their Deluxe Insecticon color scheme counterparts.

Rumor has it that Hasbro will be releasing Barrage and Ransack, repainted from Bombshell and Kickback respectively, as well as a Venom to finish the group out, (but you never can tell with Hasbro these days...especially considering how many waves away those will be as it is...particularly Venom, which would likely be a retool and repaint of Bombshell or possibly Kickback, unless they do a whole new mold sculpt just for him...although if they did, maybe we'll get a new 4th member of the black/purple Insecticon team based on the Venom mold...).

• Like Like x 2
  7. Initial_G

Initial_G Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be down for a handful of KO OS Gnaw and a couple of Corbots :) 

• Like Like x 2
  8. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    Admittedly, I am not one for troop building. But if these would be similarly priced to the OS Powerglide/Megatron/etc that have been released before, I would probably be down for ten Sharkticons and ten Alicons. Then afterwards I would probably buy Alicons from Ebay whenever I had a couple of extra bucks and one popped up. This trend would continue until Hasbro released their own Alicon, so I would probably just keep buying KO Alicons until I died.

This is what happens when I see a character when I was ten and patiently waited for it to appear on shelves. Madness ensues.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    [QUOTE="SHADDO, post: 14432342, membInsecticonsWhile you're at it, and if you don't mind, maybe also inquire about plans for OS Insecticons and their Deluxe Insecticon color scheme counterparts.

Rumor has it that Hasbro will be releasing Barrage and Ransack, repainted from Bombshell and Kickback respectively, as well as a Venom to finish the group out, (but you never can tell with Hasbro these days...especially considering how many waves away those will be as it is...particularly Venom, which would likely be a retool and repaint of Bombshell or possibly Kickback, unless they do a whole new mold sculpt just for him...although if they did, maybe we'll get a new 4th member of the black/purple Insecticon team based on the Venom mold...).[/QUOTE]

Man! If Hasbro does all four Deluxe Insecticons, and someone would OS them to deluxe size i'd be all over that!

And while we're making requests: voyager sized OS ko's of Takara's Headmasters would be another dream come true :) 

For fucksake! Botched the quote again :( 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Astro Magnum

Astro Magnum Well-Known Member

If either of you do find yourself in contact with them at any point in the near future, you could mention that there seems to be considerable interest in an upscaled version of MF-17 (Hulkie/Devastator). Lots of people seem to have been disappointed that they didn't upscale the DX9 originals to the same size as their OS Legends, as the resulting Devastator would have scaled very well with the official Combiner Wars gestalts. I don't know how much work or expense it would be for them to upsize the MF-17 molds, but it could be worth their while.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would buy at least two slightly oversized Alicons to go with my two UT Sharkies.

• Like Like x 1
  12. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

The Titans Return Sharkticons are shelf warming at my local Walmart so they aren't that hard to find (for me at least).

13. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    i'd be down for at least 3 allicons if they were 20 bucks or less. and maybe 1 more if the Dinobot coloured version were koed as well.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good call, I forgot all about the Dinobot one.

15. SHADDO

Dinobot colored version? Not familiar with that version. Anyone have reference?

16. SHADDO

I just ordered 3 from eBay at $9 each shipped, because the local stores are crap for having much of anything in stock...I'm talking no less than 26 different stores within an hour of me, including several Walmart, Target, Walgreens, TRU, and others.

Anyway, with those 3 I'll be at 7 Sharkticons, and looking to get 3 more of them and several of these OS KO Sharkticons to round out the group...and eventually, I hope, supplemented by a few Alicons as well.

• Like Like x 1
  17. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is everybody sure these are going to be oversized. It didn't say that in the description.

18. SHADDO

Everything else has been, or pretty much is, slated to be OS KO from the legends class figures thus far from these KO companies, so it's more likely than not at this point.

(Okay, granted we do have the DOWNSIZED KO MP-10V Optimus Prime, but I don't think that they would downsize a legends figure.)

A significant part of how 3rd party products and KO's are able to circumvent copyright infringement is by making a certain percentage of differentiation between their products and the source material. For 3rd party products, it's completely different names (obviously), sculpts, designs, and transformations, gear, weapons, etc., in spite of any outlying resemblances, such as color schemes and bot/alt modes.

KO's on the other hand, are basically replicating an existing product, so they have to do things differently. Essentially, to achieve that certain percentage of change they have limited options:
    1) They can Oversize the figure
    2) They can Downsize the figure
    3) They can increase/decrease sculpt details
    4) They can make positive/negative articulation changes
    5) Add/alter weapons/accessories
    6) Add/alter/change paint applications
    7) Add/remove die-cast parts
    8) Change the name of the figure
    9) Sell the product at a much lower cost than the original.
    10) After choosing between #'s 1 & 2, and 8, they can go with virtually any combination of elements to create those differences.

In more and more cases these days, there's also a general increase in overall quality of KO products from the source material. No more dollar store cheap crap like the old days, but fairly high quality level products, just like "real" toy companies.

Also, in many cases, these KO companies are giving collectors new items that we WANT and that the originating companies AREN'T producing for us...such as nearly deluxe class versions of mere legends class figures, or voyager class figures up scaled from Scout/Commander sizes, like the Warbotron Grimlock/Megatron figures, or down scaled to voyager class from Masterpiece, like the MP10 Optimus Prime, etc.,.

Based on this information, it's almost a virtual guarantee that the Sharkticons will be OS near deluxe class and not direct scale copies as legends class. HOWEVER, if they do end up as variant paint scheme versions with the little antennae, I don't think it would make much difference, just because Hasbro is underproducing their Sharkticons, and these would likely be cheaper to get a hold of for army building.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here ya go bud.

20. koonfasa

koonfasa Well-Known Member

I found gnaw in store!
    [​IMG]
    Now do I want a mama & papa sharkticon?

• Like Like x 3