KO Toys reliability

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Magnus12, Dec 11, 2011.

?

Would you recommend buying from ko toys

1. YES!!

21 vote(s)
    11.6%
  2. ya

29 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. no

38 vote(s)
    21.0%
  4. No Way!

93 vote(s)
    51.4%
  1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You guys wanna know what I think of KOToys and it's reliability?

1.) Do a group order for the board... as you all know.

2.) Some stuff comes broken mid November, and immediately notify him.

3.) He says he's sending replacements.

4.) Weeks pass by, and he disappeared from MSN... which I'd heard he does when someone wants a replacement, but didn't think much of it.

5.) A month had passed, so I was nearing the paypal deadline for a dispute. I put in a dispute for a partial refund for the two toys.

6.) He suddenly IMs me with a tracking number saying the stuff had been sent, asking me repeatedly to drop the dispute. For all I know he sent me shit in a bag, so hell no to that. I did tell him though, that as soon as items arrive, I have no problem dropping the dispute.

7.) A week passes, and the tracking number still isn't showing on China Post. I IM him and let him know in an offline message.

And, this is what I see after logging onto MSN tonight sent to me while I was offline:

[​IMG]

This guy's a scumbag. No more, no less. I'm not even concerned about the racial shit, because online cowards are online cowards, but the consistent lies, and then popping an attitude because he got a paypal dispute is just shit business. And, if he treats someone like that who buys in bulk for multiple people from him, I have a feeling he's going to treat single orders the same way.

2. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

I’ve ordered from KO Toys on three separate occasions. Each time the items have arrived in a timely fashion. The products have been as advertised. Oh, there are some issues native to knock offs in general. Some parts are loose, some are too tight, it can usually be fixed easily enough, and if you read the various forums, those kinds of issues aren’t unexpected.

I hate the polystyrene they pack them in. But that wasn’t a surprise either. They explain how they pack in a FAQ. They also pack ‘em tight, things do have a habit of getting bent. But I’ve had that problem with others too. My TFCC Side Burn came with a bent wing tip. My KO Toys Wildrider had a piece of bubble wrap tied around it to prevent a similar issue.

I’ve succumbed to all the negativity, haven’t given them as much of my business as I would have otherwise. I was paranoid. But I really can’t say that I’ve had any personal problems with them that I could honestly say was unexpected.

Though I should probably say that I have only ever dealt with Kate.

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, I've heard stories like this before, but reading it first hand... well, I really don't know what to say except good riddens, and I hope his business ends up dying out sooner than later.

4. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Yea... there's just way too much bullshit involved in something as simple as sending and receiving a toy from him.

5. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

Yeah, the whole 'stabbing in the eye' thing seems so strange that it has to be a joke taken out of context, but seeing it, somewhat first hand, is very different.

6. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Yea, the statements are "a joke", but he is definitely not joking.

7. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My order from KO Toys came yesterday. No problems. Although I do hate the styrofoam he uses. Crumbles and makes a huge mess. Had to use a vacume to get it all.

8. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

For those of us who haven't seen this side of KO Toys, it's hard to believe. But there's enough people talking about it that something has to be going on. I'm just glad that I've never experienced it, and that all of my transactions have been smooth.

On polystyrene

To the last, I will grapple with thee . . . from Hell's heart, I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!

9. Neekotron

Neekotron We're in Ratbat Country!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Wow, if anyone needs proof that he's a scumbag, that screen capture says it all. Pathetic.

To add to the pile, I'd split a couple of orders with a friend and each time something was sent broken or missing, even "replacements" being sent broken. I've got 3 of his clear seekers, 2 were broken right out of the shipping box and ziplock bag used for shipping it in, so I have 1 standing clear seeker and 2 piles of clear seeker parts. Shadow Commander missing the Prime face plate on not one, but two. Oh, let alone 3 different tracking numbers, all of which were sent to 3 different countries, to finally file with paypal and then receive a final track number that was actually my order. That took nearly 45 days. In this day and age, there is no room for this kind of bullshit if you want to be taken seriously by ANYONE. This is a community of dedicated fans, you fuck one over, others will hear about it, do it to many, well you get a bad reputation and then he wants to cry about it and make threats of violence? That screen cap is proof of what an asshole he is. This guy is sick and clearly lacks love in his life, he's probably an addict of some kind as well. My professional opinion; he's cuckoo for coa coa puffs.

Just an ugly way of living. Karma is going to be a motherfuck.

/rant

10. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Well, yeah. What TJ posted pretty much line up with the stories I've heard.

Curious though.

I always had my figures shipped in-package and through EMS. Only figures I ever got Loose from him were Henkei Ratchet and Cyclonus that I picked up from him pre-release. That was before he made the site though (and still had an account here), and those were mummified in bubble wrap when they were sent to me. How does everyone else ship?

11. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    TJ, I was going to say they are not so bad and provide some hard to get for us items BUT after hearing that BS.... I actually take that racist crap very seriously. No place for that.

Macross7 Same thing happened to me. Had to run a sweeper immediately.

12. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

Quite frankly, I'm glad that one of the first things I did back when I joined TFW was to look up some info and feedback on KO Toys, because up until that point, I've heard nothing but praise for him. Luckily I found out that he was indeed a scumbag (and that's really putting it lightly) before I bought anything from him. And what TJ posted is pretty much in line with the other stories I've heard about him.

13. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I have never heard of an issue with missing faceplates with the faux Shadow Commander Mould is this something anyone has come across outside of the KO toys situation ? (like if you ordered one on Ebay) ?

It seems like it's more productive to ask Kate if you have any problems. It even says as much on the site.

I place an order about 3 weeks ago no sign of it yet an no tracking number either I'll let you all know if it arrives.

I learned my lesson about the Polystyrene so now I get a soft paint brush to brush things down with and open the shipping boxes outside. if you don't have the option to do that you could perhaps open it in the bath or shower .. as at least you can more easily vacuum or brush it up then.

I hope I don't end up with Dino cassettes with the wrong feet on them I can really do without that hassle of chasing people over errors like that.

14. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    They get parts and pack things themselves, so a missing faceplate could be as simple as them forgetting to have put it in there.

As for the instance I posted, it was just to be honest about realistic interaction people can have with the guy if you don't get what you want from him. It's not to outright badmouth the guy, and that's why I posted a screenshot rather than some "He tell me" BS.

There are a lot of things that are very unbecoming of someone that wants to run a business and make money that he consciously does on a regular basis. Period.

15. Neekotron

Neekotron We're in Ratbat Country!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    After 2 orders and all of the headaches, including broken replacements for broken figures, I don't see how emailing his pseudonym female self is of any help when he's well aware and acts as tho he isn't, on IM. He/Kate has heard about this, but I never got a reply after the paypal dispute, which was dropped when my order arrived a few days later.

I'd love to know if anyone else has received SC with the prime face plate. Both were CC face with yellow eyes.

I hope your dealings with him go better than mine and you get your order in decent shape. I wouldn't recommend anyone ordering from him at any point after the bs I've been thru and read about here.

16. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Holy fuck TJ! That shit I just read is INSANE... Even if you leave out the racist crap (which is incredibly hard to over look), from a strictly business transaction stand point, I can't believe what a douche this guy is. I give you a lot of credit being able to shrug off that kind of stuff.

I'm glad I only had one interaction with KO Toys, and thankfully it went off without a hitch. I got the dinocassettes and they were alright. A couple floppy joints, but I expected that being they were KOs.

17. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Indeed "Fingers crossed"

18. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm glad you posted this, TJ. If there was even a shred of credibility left for this racist scumbag THAT shatters it completely.

I had one good transaction with KOTOYS and one really bad experience, I would never do business with him again before this but this crap puts him on a whole 'nother level of scum.

19. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm also glad you posted that. Unreal. Amazing how much it seems his business/dealings has changed since I did a trade with him years ago. Beware of anyone like this who treats any customer like that.

20. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also, why's he holding a dildo in that pic?