KO Toys Issue

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dex17113, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Dex17113

Dex17113 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I decided to take a chance and ordered a few things from the KO Toys folks. My order arrived today. Two of the toys were fine.....but the third was actually broken in the package. Any idea how easy these folks are to deal with when an issue pops up?

Dex

2. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

You might want to join their forum and ask there. Take pictures of the package and broken contents and post it there. I have found it very useful to deal with them through their forums. Though I admit, I've never had an issue with them myself.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Anywhere from being taken care of in a proper polite manner to you being ignored, or even receiving threats of bodily harm.

More likely on the ignore end of the spectrum from what I've heard.

4. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Good luck, really. It seems to be a coin flip whether or not you'll get pleasant service or verbal abuse. I haven't had an issue from them, but I'm wary now from all the reports that I've read of that site

5. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

what did you get if you dont mind me asking. I was thinking about ordering a few things my self.

6. Noeldj

Noeldj DEVZ

Whats with this "from what I heard stuff "??? I've delt with KOtoys close to a dozen times never been screwed always proff and eager to help...

7. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Well I just got my order in of the KOLD Klear Seekers. Wing joints are broken so I can't attach the wings to the body. Some loose parts, but I fixed that....... I e-mailed Mike to get me some replacement wing joints. Hopefully they respond soon :)  E-mailing him would be the best way. He may not always be able to respond in the forum.

Once I get a response, I'll post up again.

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

This thread could get very interesting very soon... :popcorn 

9. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    this: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkion-exchange-feedback/179634-genzhao-aka-kotoys-com.html

I've had three orders and I haven't had an issue, but it's stuff like this that always worries me. It isn't the fact that he got bad feedback...it's that the feedback is really, really horrid. It's an attitude that you shouldn't have if you're trying to run a business. If it weren't for the fact that KO Toys churns out stuff that I actually need and want, I wouldn't do business with KO Toys toys on the account that it just seems like a coin toss whether or not the customer service will work for me or I will get a verbal beat down.

It isn't good enough for me that some people got great service, and some people got bad service. What if I have an issue and it's a bad day for GenZhao...will I get chewed out like the people who got it bad, or will I get good service? This kind of practice is something that I cannot stomach. It's just unfortunate that KO Toys has a stranglehold on my wallet!

10. Dex17113

Dex17113 Well-Known Member

What I ordered:

KO Ultra Magnus
    KO Skywarp
    KO Cliffjumper

Cliff is fine. The plastic is not the highest quality, but that's not the dealer's fault...and I didn't expect perfection.

Magnus is nice heavy plastic...just poorly assembled. That I can fix.

Skywarp, on the other hand, had both wings broken off. The peg itself that they move on is what is broken. If I can't get someone to help me, I might be able to custom rig something together to get it to work...but...I really didn't want to have to do that.

Sent them an E-mail...we will see how far that gets me.

Dex

11. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I had nearly the exact same issue. I got a box with 3 broken seekers and a broken Ultra Magnus. I came to the boards, posted pictures of the broken toy, and asked the same question as you. Just wanted to know if I'd be wasting my time saying anything to them. What I got was a nasty PM from him cussing me from one ocean to another. This was before he got banned, so you shouldn't get a PM like that. However, it is a taste of of what you might get if you make the issue public. I'd say stick to PMs and emails, then never order from him again.

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Took me almost a year of emails back and forth to get my gold Kold Convoy. I'm a bit leary ordering anything else from KO Toys, but sigh, I do like the looks of the Rainmakers.

13. Junkacon

Junkacon Scrap Metal

I will be amazed for those who order a fake Fort Max if it doesn't arrive in a huge box of broken plastic :) 

14. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I ordered three KO Seekers from KO Toys (along with some other things). Two of the three had one broken wing. It took many months and much pestering but I did eventually get replacements. I think the pestering that was most effective was over MSN chat.

The replacement shipment actually had one of the figures with another broken wing... but it was the other wing so I was okay there.

15. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    You can get the Rainmakers (and a lot of other KOs) from Daelite's store! I consider KOtoys sort of a last resort

16. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    Amazing! Not 12 hours after I sent the e-mail to let them know I had broken parts and a missing pin for one of the seekers......I got a response. They're sending out the replacements.

17. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    congrats

18. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I'd recommend waiting until you actually receive replacements before celebrating, just so that you don't get your hopes up unnecessarily.

19. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    Hell I'm just happy getting a response :D  But yeah...I hear ya. I really don't feel like super gluing these parts....

20. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Good response time. Hopefully you get the replacements quick.