KO toys have the g1 Stunticon in full box set

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jigga, Aug 15, 2010.

1. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd think this would be worth at least a news credit. I've been waiting the box release of this thing for months now, and only placed my order after this heads up.

2. Gammatron 64

Gammatron 64 Well-Known Member

I got the loose version, and I wasn't impressed. Motormater's legs were loose and collapsing, as are the figures head joins, so Menasor is often tipping over forwards. I felt a little gipped.

Springer also won't stand up, and the plastic quality on Cyclonus feels cheap. However Mirage, Reflector and Sunstreaker were of decent quality.

3. HollyW00d

HollyW00d Collecting Freak

If someone buys one please post a review.

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder is Chimungmung Toy Shop ever going to carry the Stunticons box set?

I thought that was suppose to happened last month.

5. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    100 BUCKS for a KO??:deadhorse:  I guess you have to take your chances and hope its a high quality version. Considering this is a first run for this set and its been delayed numerous times(when was it first reported, march?), I might wait a while and see what QC is like. I belive eventually these guys will flood Ioffer and hopefully be a little bit more reasonably priced:drunk 

6. igniz1984

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've heard from a few different people here on the boards that are in contact with Tony, the guy who runs chimungmung, that he is going to carry it.

7. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thus far, from what I can see I'm none too impressed with the quality. Just look at the last pic in the link below.

Motormaster's legs (front of truck) don't quite line up, and the paint looks uneven and sloppy. $80 + shipping for KOs you say?

8. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The original G1 toys weren't exactly perfect either... I plan on getting these. According to GenZhao last year, the Stunticons were next, followed by FORT MAX. With the Stunticons here, hopefully FM isn't far behind!

9. igniz1984

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can you imagine what the shipping will cost on a KO fort max MIB from CHINA:eek: 

10. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whenever Tony will carry it, I wonder his price will be cheaper than KO Toys?

11. Mightion

Mightion There is ALWAYS room.

News Credits:
    I wasn't impressed with the pics of the KO Menasor. I don't think the pic of Menasor with labels on reflects the KO, because if it did, why would they show pics of the Stunticons without their labels?

Also, it doesn't look like Dead End and Drag Strip are attached all the way, and in the shots of Motormaster that show his leg sockets, it doesn't look like there are any clips to keep the leg toys in place. Not to mention the factory stickers were missing in some of the pics.

12. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No one has one in hand yet, and so many are bashing this set, just like when any unoffical items comes out. If its like the past high quality ko transformers, then its surely to be liked by most people. I still dont get why some people are totally shocked by the 100.00 price for a ko, dont we all remember the superion, devestator, shockwave etc ko sets? they all ran 100.00 or close to it. So the price is surely not a shocker.We all got to keep reminding people that these are not the average biglots cheapo 10.00 sets. These are almost exact replicas of the g1 1980s sets. I know nothing is 100% exact, but very close indeed. I dont collect these ko for 100% accurate sticker placements, or little things like that. I only want something which looks very close to the 80s originals. I mean even when takara/hasbro reissues them they are not 100% exact either. They change the colors, faces, boxes has 20th anniversery signs etc. So I dont really care if they are 100% exact. But close enough is good for me. I have just about all of these ko. They add up superfast. I mean each piece is approx, 50.00 to 100.00. Just for all these ko, So far Im at least 4k to 5k already. I know I can get a loose beat up version from the 80s, which might have missing pieces, torn stickers, and with no box, or a very beat up box. But no thanks, I myself prefer a exact replica which is 100% complete, never been touch, factory sealed, and with my favorite g1 80s artwork box. These all remind me of the 80s transformers which most I could not get as a kid. I cant wait for, fort max, and I hope they make jetfire, computron, black zarack, and a seacons with g1 box art style (I dont like the new bbts seacon box style) too. :)  Please keep them coming!

13. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I really want that box for my real Stunticon set, but I don't want to pay $80+ dollars for it.

14. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Im in the same boat as u, my original g1 menasor is the only combiner I have without a box :( 

15. Master Zarak

Master Zarak Emperor of Destruction

Ebay:
    Why are so many people placing so much faith in those photos being representative of the quality of the toy? Not even Hasbro can properly photograph their toys much of the time.

16. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    No kidding man

17. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    As am I. The sad part is you'd have to spend easily twice that for an original box. At least you can resell the toys and recoup some of the cost.

18. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    You can buy the boxes separatly. At least it could.
    I've bought a Box for Devastator, wheeljack, sunstreaker
    and scourge. Stunticon box will probably cost about 30-35.

19. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    ??? Please share - where might we buy these boxes? I don't need the toys - I just want some boxes to display the toys I already HAVE.

20. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    You can contact the guy from toyvalley.com.
    Don't know if he still sells them.