KO,.... sorta Alt/BT Quality question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RyakinX, Nov 17, 2007.

1. RyakinX

RyakinX Well-Known Member

Hey guys saw these on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lamborghini-Murcielago-Scale-1-32-Transformers-Robot_W0QQitemZ190173602496QQihZ009QQcategoryZ4694QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hummer-H2-Scale-1-18-Transformers-Car-Robot_W0QQitemZ190173602421QQihZ009QQcategoryZ4694QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Toyota-Land-Cruiser-Scale-1-18-Transformers-Car-Robot_W0QQitemZ190173602458QQihZ009QQcategoryZ4694QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution-VIII-1-18-Transformer-Robot_W0QQitemZ190173611115QQihZ009QQcategoryZ4694QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Toyota-Celica-Model-Scale-1-32-Transformers-Car-Robot_W0QQitemZ190173611454QQihZ009QQcategoryZ4694QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

just check out all his stuff for sale under transformable robots, you'll get the idea:

Edit: added a link to that should have done that in the first place LOL:
    http://stores.ebay.com/Siamsky-die-cast-N-Tokusatsu-toys_Transformable-Robot_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ8876043QQftidZ2QQlnsZ1QQtZkm

I happened upon the seller in the Transformers>Japanese section and needless to say the red Mitsubishi EVO, or even more accurately the Murcielago inspired a Sideswipe(who was my very first Transformer ever) kit bash idea, as well as a chunk of other ideas for the others. Before I go and start down that road figured I'd ask if anybody had ever bought any of these perticular,......whatever they are.

So Questions:

Quality on plastic?

Tightness of Transformation?

Any other general comments on them?

2. LiquiD

LiquiD Well-Known Member

i haven't actually seen these guys close up but i know that tfsource was selling them for awhile, they still might be. i get they're pretty good.

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Keep in mind though they are either much larger than alts or much smaller, depeding on the figure. It varies.

4. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Would be nice if they wre good quality, but at first glance it looks doubtful. Wouldn't mind that Lamborgini or that Hummer, though?

5. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Theres been a few topics on these guys. Search Road bots. The general consensus is that they are good quality but you need to remove parts for transformation.

6. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Love that sword thingy that the Lambo has!

7. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

think I saw these at Value City a week or so ago. they look ok, but not that great honestly

8. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I have the 1:18 Hummer and like it... Pretty big.

I had the 1:12 and 1:32 Ford GTs... Sold both due to lack of space/annoying sounds. I almost regret selling the 1:12, but the 1:32 was just a parts former.

I do still want the 1:18 Lambo... But it isn't a priority.

9. RyakinX

? I got moved,.... was asking for kitbash purposes,.... and was trying to get some ideas as well for some kit bashes on them, shrug oh well

10. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Just ordered some from Ages 3 and Up.

11. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    The most popular one is the land cruiser as grimlock.

12. RyakinX

Cool when you get'em can you give a shout and let me know how they are.

13. thor20

thor20 Omnibot

My brother has the Supra and it is a remold of the Alt Tracks mold just up scaled. It isn't too bad but is clunky because of the size increase.

14. TimToyGeek

TimToyGeek Well-Known Member

Lambo Roadbot

I got the 1:18 green Lamborghini Murcielago some time back, as well as the 1:32 Ford GT.

The GT is a parts former, no way around that, but it's not too bad if you don't mind that sort of thing. The scale is perfect with Deluxes, so if you want to kitbash a red GT into something, Alt Hot Rod deluxe maybe, it would be okay.

The green Lambo is pretty fun, a little partsformery - the trunk and side panels turn into a big rifle weapon with sound and light, and a little trunk piece becomes a shield. The rest of it becomes a big, bulky (too bulky in the chest, maybe) bot with fun fold-out claws and decent poseability. Car form is very nice, tight, good plastic, real logos and good interior. Lots of fun for the price. Too big to work with Alternators though.

If these were easier to get - like at Target or Walmart - every Tfan probably would have all of them by now. Easily the best original non-TF line out there today. That's damning with faint praise though.

Tim
    "toy geek"

15. RyakinX

Thanks for the reviews guys, the size doesn't matter to me(*waits patiently for the jokes on that one*) Think I'm gonna do the Lambo for sideswipe, as he was my first TF, just for the love of the character. Was worried about the tightness on the car mode but I've heard a few replies here that says its tight.

16. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I only ordered the GT since it's the only 1/32 they have that I want. If I like it I will track down the 1/32 Lambo and Lancer.

I'll write a small review once it comes in.

17. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I have the 1:18 Hummer and Land Cruiser, and all of the 1:32 except the Hummer. Overall the quality is okay. The forms are a little loose/floppy.

The best place to get the 1:18 is probably A3U. As was said here, Value City stores now carry the 1:32 for 7.99.

18. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I like ROAD BOTS but I don't love 'em... :) 

The medium and larger scale ones are HUGE... they don't really fit in with Alts. The 1:32 scales are basically Deluxes.

Nice tight joints. Very posable. Articulated hands in most. Good for kitbashing.

NO diecast. Good quality plastic and construction. Rubber tires.

LOTS of parts-forming. Some of them feel like you're removing half the car to transform it, and then stick it back on the robot. Sort of a drag, though in many cases, you could probably customize a perfect transformation if you're so inclined.

Out of the big ones, the Toyota Landcruiser is the simplest, but also the most integral (no parts forming at all, except for his sword and shield). Makes a great Alt Grimlock, so long as you imagine that the Landcruiser is actually a monster-sized SUV. :) 

Electronics are sort of cool. Removable light and sound box becomes engine/weapon in most of them. The weapons are pretty cool actually.

I wouldn't pay more for these than I would for Alternators... you can probably find better prices than Siamsky if you shop around...

edit: I remember IRL (Invincible Robot Laboratories) has some very detailed galleries for a few of these...
    http://members9.tsukaeru.net/ty1_toys/toys/ROADBOT_02.htm
    http://members9.tsukaeru.net/ty1_toys/toys/ROADBOT_01.htm

zmog

19. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Thats what is so great about them, you get 3 scales to choice from. Something for everyone, and since the Alternator line is over and the movie toys are all pointless repaints now is a perfect time to ROADBOT.