KO Snarl

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by BigPhill, Jul 11, 2008.

1. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Sorry no pics. I plan on using my KO's to make my originals more presentable.

I recieved my KO Grimlock and Snarl today.

Grimlock is OK, but it came with 2 of the same lower arms/dinosaur legs and the latch on the "wings" is missing.

But Snarl is really poor!
    Sure it might just be the one I got, but parts don't line up properly.
    The paint is sloppy and has trails on various bits.
    There were gold and red flakes in the bubble before I opened it, and by the time I was finished transforming it, my hands were covered in flakes. The funny thing being that I couldn't see anywhere the flakes had fallen off.

To think that the quality of the Mirage's was brilliant compared to Swoop, you'd have thought that they'd have continued to get better, but it looks like Snarl was rushed out of the factory as the Hasbro lawyers walked in.

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    The flaking issue worries me, since I've got one on order. Let me know if it gets worse.

3. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

My Snarl is pretty poor quality too. The paint application just plain sucks. I'm going to repaint it like I did my other KO Dinobots. I bought some red Testors paint and applied it myself - it worked amazingly well.

His left red chest area is particularly poor. The right side is glossy paint, but his left is dull, almost flat paint. Nothing that can't be fixed.

His left leg was loose, so I tightened the screw to fix it. Otherwise not too bad. Most areas are tight and can be fixed easily if not.

But I'd recommend painting it yourself.