Ko Slag and sludge are coming!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by cobra zartan, Jul 30, 2007.

1. sentinal prime

sentinal prime Well-Known Member

hey those look great for knock offs if the colours stay the correct to g1 i would buy those for double's to put next to the real ones and buy the ones that i can't find

2. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

If I could get these reasonably priced I'd go for it. Some of the licensed reissues were damn near KO in quality anyway (looking at you, KB Sideswipe).

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I understand the arguments for hurting the hobby. I don't agree with them, but I get the reasoning.

But seriously, you destroy Transformers. You wrecked a Trypticon in one of your videos. Yeah, I know you said the electronics were busted, but still, that's one less Trypticon for a fan to have. Period. There won't ever be any more originals and I doubt we'll see any reissues or KOs of cityformers.

KO makers = more opportunities for fans to (sorta) own vintage toys / characters.

Mike = fewer opportunities for fan to own vintage toys / characters.

So how can you get so crabby over these things?

EDIT: I forgot, you ARE an artist. So while fandom loses a Trypticon, it gains a wort of art. If that's the basis for your logic, then I apologize and retract my arguments.

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yea for KOs! I want a nice KO LIOKAISER, you hear me you criminals?

Overlord would be nice too, or Raiden. Something worth the insane price these things command, that's the only real problem I have with these things. That, and assholes passing them off as real on ebay.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  5. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Damn, this crap again. Look....a Moderator already said earlier to stop with the bickering. We have this same debate every single time someone posts info on a knock-off. We get it already! We're bad and you're good....blah blah blah.

6. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Oh $hit now they're ruining the land dinobots.

F look alike KOs (which are really like 'counterfeits'), f them in the a.

Maybe we shouldn't all be able to get something anyways when we can't afford/obtain the real thing. Like pirating software, or counterfeit money.

If you want $100, but don't want to earn it, should you be able to just buy a fake $100 bill for $2 then treat it like a $100? No.

7. Paradigm-Shift Prime

These are the newest 2 in a line of illegal/counterfeit exact (almost) look-alike reproductions that are made (along with the box, insert, weapons, etc.) to pass off as originals. So they are a little different from what we are used to calling knockoffs. People then re-sell them or parts of them as originals. They are fairly expensive though, which is a saving grace as otherwise every single one and especially accessory (the hardest to find of original g1s) would be all you'd see on places like ebay and there would be no real ones anymore.

8. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

If I remember correctly, there are no copyright laws in China, where these are probably made.

Making a profit on these is bad, which you could bet is exactly what is going on or else they wouldn't bother.

Who are we as a community to begrudge someone from buying these as a consumer commodity?

If I needed Dinobots, Mirage, Primes etc... I might buy these because I do not collect to invest.

I would personally want them to remake Diaclones, or at least repack these in bookstyle boxes.

9. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    I'd like it if they were sold at $4-$10. The problem is the shipping is a real bitch. I was able to my hands on a KO Predaking that even came with an extra vintage Razorclaw with the head of the actual Predaking.

10. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Not only does China have copyright laws, it's a signatory to a variety of international trade agreements / treaties / etc. that require it to obey international copyright law.

Practically speaking, the laws are simply ignored by the government on several levels. However, in a effort to engender some good will with its trading partners, there have been a few high-profile crackdowns recently. But what I've read seems to suggest that it's only posturing, not a shift in policy.

11. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    I forgot to answer this one. The Robot Masters KOs were asskickingly good quality! KO Predaking is high quality as well. He's about the only Gestalt I know that has high quality plastic, other than the Taiwanese versions of the JP gestalt giftsets.

12. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I'll just sit back and hope that these are available in Big Lots for down to earth prices next to the KOs of the combiners, BW basics, etc. And while I'm dreaming, I want a pony.

13. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Buying a KO and enjoying it as an original is like buying a hooker and telling everyone you have a girlfriend.

14. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Only if you kill her and keep her around.

I don't get the "enjoy it as an original" put-down KO haters always fall to. What do you think, people who collect KOs sit up all night stroking them, repeating "I LOVE THIS PRECIOUS ORIGINAL" over and over, while swaying back and forth? Do you think that they show them to people and say "These are all ORIGINAL, and if you try to say any different, I will KILL you."?

I've got some Brave KOs, and I can truthfully say that neither of those things has ever happened with them. They pretty much just sit on the shelf and collect dust like all the real stuff, never to be discussed, fawned over, lied about, or enjoyed as anything other than a toy on a shelf collecting dust.

15. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    whitewizardtoys.com has been carrying all of the knockoffs as they come out so there's a start for you.

I don't know why everyone is so surprised about these - they were announced a while ago. We still have the constructicons coming too (and I hear from a reliable source that they will be sold as a Devastator giftset).

[​IMG]

We should just enjoy that these are being released and stop the petty arguments.

16. Paradigm-Shift Prime

But then why do people want them and are willing to pay $60 for them?

If they weren't almost EXACTLY like the originals they wouldn't appeal. And people might not be that intense with pretending they're real, but if you even display it with real stuff, especially mib/misb, then essentially it's posing it as real, even if the displayer is not in denial that it isn't.

The only KOs I have problems with are the ones that try to be exact copies of the originals, the figure and the box, which would only be done if there is a market for it (people buying them and pretending they're something they're not and second/deceitful market). This is entirely different that buying a KO multicolour devastator for your son cuz he won't care the different or you can't afford it.

Sorry MMM, you're a good guy and always debate reasonably, guess we just disagree on this one.

17. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't know, I'm not. I'll only pay KO prices for a KO.

And so what if they do? How does that affect anyone other than themselves? How does that hurt YOU?

Hate the KOs all you want, but leave the people who don't mind them out of it.

18. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If it fills a hole in your collection then you are accepting it as a replacement for an original. There's simply no way around it. Buy them if you will, but they will never, EVER be anything other than a copy of an original. If that's acceptable to you and your collection, rock on.

19. uzi_the_klown

uzi_the_klown Well-Known Member

cool i might buy the sludge and snarl

20. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    But what business is it of yours? Why do you care what other people are happy with? Why do you feel the constant need to insult, belittle, and guilt those that are ok with it?

I've said this before, but I'll pose the question again: When it comes down to it, what's the real difference between an original and a KO of equal quality, besides age? What makes something authentic? Permission to be made? A KO made from the same mold having the same quality lacks nothing but permission, when you think about it.

Is permission REALLY that important? What GOOD is it, really?