KO Shockwave comparison review

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by joopsta, Jun 9, 2009.

1. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

glad to hear it is worth a shot to contact him. i gave it a try this morning.

2. Jay Prime

Jay Prime New Member

Hey guys,

Got sent this link as i have recently purchased a Shockwave from Ebay.

Up till this morning i was really worried that i'd paid well over the odds for a KO shockwave (i'd paid £200/$304).

The box it came in was seriously old and battered, had some serious fading on it and everything.

I came here and saw the notes on the differences between the KO and legit Shockwaves. Imagine my relief when i saw he had a yellow/gold eye, black screws, and a nice long hose with 0 wear to it. He stands too, with no problems, his feet arent floppy. AND all his electrics work.

I know he could STILL be a KO, but im pretty sure after reading everything i have read here that he isnt, and to be fair, if mine IS real, i got him for an absolute STEAL!!!

3. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  4. Shadow_Zero

Shadow_Zero Member

Wow, I was so thrilled when I scored Shockwave, Cyclonus and Scourge (boxed) on my holliday in China (Shanghai), thinking they were truly G1 vintage. Now, over 2 years later, I coincedentally came across a topic about a KO Scorponok which also mentioned Shockwave (and Cyclonus I think) and here I am! ^^;

Still need to read through this topic and doublecheck with my toys, but China and the low prices, I think I can make a safe bet heh.

Here the shop in Old Shanghai where I got it from:
    hyves-static.net

Shockwave:
    hyves-static.net

Cyclonus:
    hyves-static.net

Scourge:
    hyves-static.net

If anyone can already tell if they are KO's, please let me know ;) 
    But damn, what is the box and the outside of the toy looking good! Note I've kept them sealed in the box so far! (but if they are KO's, it'll be with less pain to open them when the time is right heheh)

5. Shadow_Zero

Shadow_Zero Member

Sharp eyes! If this is an indication, then I indeed have the KO (without opening the box ^^ )

6. Shadow_Zero

Shadow_Zero Member

Does anyone know the release dates of these Shockwave, Cyclonus and Scourge knockoffs? Or a website/source that has this info?

7. toddg

toddg Member

Hey there...New member, but longtime collector...I recently purchased a G1 Shockwave on eBay. Now...I have been really careful with choosing a Shockwave given the number of knockoffs out there. I feel like I have a good handle on what the differences are (and reviewed the comparison in this thread, as well as looked at all the other info I could find online), but I'm perplexed by the one I have.

It's in really good condition (almost too good given how much I bought it for). It has all black screws, clicky legs at the waist, and all the signs that it's original, yet the color of purple and the hose length has me wondering if it's the genuine article. The box is original, as is the foam. But I feel like the genuine ones I've seen are a lighter shade and I know the KO is known to be darker.

Anyone have some thoughts? Could this be a Frankenstein of sorts?

Attached Files:

8. Noodlez

Noodlez Member

I have the same concern.

Mine reads legit, but I have concerns with how new it looks.

The black cord has some drying and cracking to it as well, but does anyone know the EXACT length of the cord on the original?