KO Shadow Commander Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sage o' G-fruit, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I've been thinking of getting the KO Toys Shadow Commander instead of the regular one, due to me having no money at all. My question is how is the quality on the figure? Up to par with the FP Shadow Commander, or is it a piece of crap?

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    The quality on mine is pretty damn good; no problems with the plastic at all. The fit on a couple of parts is a tad loose, but that's a very easy fix indeed.

3. teruo kaiba

teruo kaiba Made In Japan

IMO, don't buy it.

I was part of a group buy that purchase the Shadow Commander add-on however when the product came, to our dismay, it was the KO version. (Not really the fault of the person who organized it)

My overall impression is that it's not bad, but not worth it. For my figure, the left arm does not lock in well and any movement or even pointing his arm downwards results in his arm falling off. Both shoulder attachments do not sit well either and look as if they are falling off when compared to my City Commander. Also a few corners are a bit rough or blotchy when compared to City Commander.

To be fair though, part of my dissapointment stems from the fact that I though I was going to be getting a legit Shadow Commander at a decent enough price. If it had been lower in price and I was aware it was a KO, then I probably wouldn't be as dissatisfied.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    The problems with loose fitting parts can be fixed in a matter of minutes. I can pick my KO Shadow Commander up by the hand (or shoulder part) and he doesn't fall off. It's hardly a problem.

5. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    How would one go about fixing those parts?

Because my Powered Commander has the same problems, so I'm a lot less scared about getting the KO now. :lol 

6. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I missed the original Shadow Commader because I didn't have a nemisis prime, is this the cheapest alternative? 60 bucks plus 15 shipping is only 25 bucks less then what the original sold for. I don't know what they go for now though.

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Layers of clear tape on the inside of the parts; just makes the space in there that little bit smaller. A similar principle can be used for loose fitting lower arms as well.

8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want the Shadow Commander set but don't want to pay the market price for him now. I'm really kicking myself for not buying this set when BBTS had them on clearance for 100 bucks (SDCC Prime included).

However, the KO Commander is a good buy then?

9. chugway

chugway ming mong ping pong

oh, nice one So'G - i asked a similar question in the KO thread but nobody replied :) 

I've been told by a few people that the original KO was okay, but not really upto scratch with the original, and once you'd paid shipping it really wasn't worth the cash. I was hoping they'd fix the issues with their mold and release a second version. a high grade KO, for high-grade non-KO money.

anybody who bought one recently, was your experience the same as the guys who got the first wave of them?

10. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    its not if youre comparing it to 100 they were going for at bbts but the 300 theyre going for on ebay then I would imagine yes. Im def buying it but Im too impatient to wait for the shipping from China.

11. chugway

chugway ming mong ping pong

let us know what it's like when your arrives.

personally i'd be very interested video/photo review of this item, it's probably drum up a few sales too (GenZhao! Hello!)

12. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I actually plan on buying the KO SC to customize, and asked similarly about its contents and quality.

From what I was told, it comes with everything SC should, and that there may be some looseness to some parts, but I'm planning to customize it anyway. No big deal.

13. prowl26

prowl26 Well-Known Member

I would love to know as well. I wish I could afford the "brand name" but in reality I never could.

14. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

But... the difference (back when SC was available to the KO's price now) is only $20.

Hell, when Mike first got KO SC's in he was selling them for literally the original's retail price.

15. Bruticus11

Bruticus11 White Elephant Hunter

Ebay:
    What websites are selling them ??

16. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

i was going to get one for £47 ($72) altogether

but i might just get 1 pe01 (shadow warrior) instead which is £25 ($37)