KO SG Rodimus (freaking arms keep popping out of the sockets

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by makeshift, Jul 14, 2012.

1. makeshift

makeshift Banned

just got this guy off ebay,

problem is when you goto swing the arm up when transforming him...POP. out of the socket it goes...it fits in there firmly but just wants to POP out easily on either arm...does not matter.

any suggestions on how to fix this...went with the KO because $400 or up for the legit Botcon SG rodimus just isn't going to happen.

i know that the RTS rodimus had tons of folks complaining about arms popping out....

the TF holds together firmly and nicely...nothing not aligning wierd.

so i am at a loss on what to try.

2. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

I think most of the later releases of the Classics Rodimus mold suffer from arms that like to pop off at the shoulder fairly often. (granted, it usually pops off when the shoulders need to be pulled apart to go to robot mode) All I can really suggest is to simply hold it in place while swinging it around.

3. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Honestly, I've had the KO rodimus mold, and it was problems like the one you posted with the arms that made me say fuck it and i ended up just ponying up for a legit wildrider. It sucks.

4. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For all the problems the RtS one allegedly had (mine didn't), the KO is much, much worse.

5. Jigga

Jigga Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Try to use some Future Floor polish in the socket to see if it helps improve shoulders from popping out.

6. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Odd, because my KO has had none of the problems I've read about. Mine's actually very solid and aside from some alignment problems in vehicle mode, you can hardly tell it's a KO.

Only thing I can suggest is some nail polish. I'd suggest super glue, but seeing as how this is a KO and the plastic quality may be a bit lacking, there's a possibility that the glue could melt the plastic.

7. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

8. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    If its not a loose fit, but the thing still pops out anyway; I wonder if the ball is too big for the socket, then? In that case, I wonder if a little sanding would help?

9. Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man Well-Known Member

Actually managed to get rid of this problem entirely by taking some strong superglue and applying it to the arm balljoints when they were detached, letting them dry and then popping up back on. The glue is thick enough it keeps the arms in place and supports enough cushioning that the arms don't go falling out again.