KO ROTF Leader Optimus Prime Trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by influence82, Feb 26, 2012.

1. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Edit: I meant this to go into the Third Party Review section. Mods, please move if possible.
    I bought this Trailer for ROTF Leader Optimus because I wanted to buy a DOTM HA Soundwave and this seller happened to also sell a trailer too. I really like Movie custom upgrades, wince that is my favorite line of Transformers. Here is the eBay auction I bought it from:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250972003990
    There is no company or group that wants to take credit for this custom item, probably for legal reasons. I cannot find a label or any marking. In fact, the box it came in was simply a plain cardboard box.
    [​IMG]

After picking it up, I felt that it was really lightweight. The trailer is made of low quality thin plastic. The outside is spray painted silver. The side wall stickers have the autobot logo. The measurements are 15" long by 5 " high x 3" wide. It has a fold down leg to stand on its own. I suspect that this trailer mold was copied off a smaller non-transformers toy and blown up a little larger to be in scale with Leader Class Optimus Prime. There is a QC flaw on the roof of my toy as it is not flush.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The bottom has a big hole. The only quality thing about this toy is that it has rubber tires. Even ROTF Leader Buster Prime did not have rubber tires.
    [​IMG]

The inside is empty, It could fit deluxe toys inside and small voyagers. Since it is so long you could fit 3 deluxe cars inside. The inside is not painted. the back door is the only part of the trailer that can be opened. It has a latch to keep the door closed.
    [​IMG]

The connection port for the trailer does not match with the Leader class toy. thus there is no firm connection between the two toys. This kind of defeats the purpose of a trailer. The company did not modify the connection port to fit Optimus Prime so it basically just rests on top of the truck. This will only work if you do not plan on moving the toy. The pictured Transformer is ROTF Buster Prime from the Prime and Jetfuire 2 pack (Asia Exclusive).
    [​IMG]

This is what it looks like with ROTF Leader Buster Prime:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The scale is pretty good.

This is what it looks like with TFM Leader Prime:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Comparison with DOTM Ultimate Prime:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Ultimate Trailer is over sized to accommodate the transforming armor and mechtech weapon. This new trailer looks better in terms of size and scale

Overall I do not recommend buying this trailer due to the cheap plastic and the fact that it does not connect to the vehicle. To use if effectively is basically leaving it alone like a statue

2. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I think that Trailer is at least 20% to small it's neither tall enough or long enough and all the details are wrong. Ironically it might look better with Ultimate Prime's cab.

Transformers Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime Trailer

It might be worth someone having a proper go one day but they may need to get some one to measure the actual trailer if it's still kicking about at truck shows and the like.