Heavy/Scratch: KO RM Prime touch-ups

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Kouri, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Squee, finally snagged myself a KO Robot Masters Prime. He may not be the upscaled version I've been lusting over, but squee, awesome nonetheless (especially since this might as well be considered a gift ^^;) .

Aaaanywho, first thing to do was get rid of that awful gap between the upper cab and the bumper area.

[​IMG]

Oddly enough - no adding anything to fill the gap. I just trimmed some plastic away from the waist joint and the whole thing fell down on its own. It could use a bit of tightening, but I'm happy with the results so far.

[​IMG]

My next step for the alt mode is to get the legs to collapse in. I'm about to PM Ambroseya for more info on how he achieved the effect on his Robot Masters G1 Convoy, but I think I might have an idea. Afterward, the head needs to be moves back a bit and the neck could really use a balljoint. The shoulder joints also need to be modified - the arms don't align correctly with the rest of the cab. Finally, all of those missing lights need to be put back in and a cover for the hands that fits flush with the grill would really be nice.

If it turns out that the original RM Prime is mostly similar to the KO (which I imagine it would be), I can show exactly what was trimmed away to take care of that gap. Aanywho, off to bed. Work in the morning!

EDIT: Also - the other thing I love about this mold - PacManus Prime!

[​IMG]

Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka. . .

Attached Files:

2. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

PacManus Prime ftw

keep at it!

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I have this same KO... he actually IS upscaled slightly I believe... like maybe an inch taller than the original.

Did yours still have any electronics in him? This mold seems to have been designed to house a light in his belly (why? who knows!).

I may try the thing you did with the hip joint... the real question will be if it works on the BIG RM KO Prime (the 8 inch tall version). The big one is much nicer than this one by the way, so if you liked this one, I can't recommend the 8" version enough.

And yeah... that laughing Prime cab is teh AWESOME! Cracked me up! :D 

zmog

4. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Yeah, he's got the button on the chest that lights up the grill. It SO should've been the other way around. My thumb always covers the light. -.-

And I still very much so want that upscaled one. I just never have a spare $20 to grab it off of eBay. -.-

As for the hip joint, it looks like it's probably the same as the original - I can only assume it's the same as the 8inch KO. I'll snap a shot of the modified piece and try to mark exactly what was cut off.

5. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

The cab looks much better now from the front, judging by that Pack Prime picture. Can't wait to see it finished.

6. silentdarth

silentdarth Josie's Daddy

Ebay:
    Did I send you that one?

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Interesting. Would that cab fix work on the actual RM Prime? I might be tempted to pick him up if it does...

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Cool, thanks! :) 

zmog

9. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Yup yup. ^^

Now onto the waist mod!

This first part is the most important - the joint originally has a hole that holds a rod within the chest. We've got to lengthen this hole to allow the chest to fall down.

[​IMG]

The cut should go all the way down so that it's flush with the top of the plastic plate underneath.

This next bit just takes care of clearance issues - the back and hands would otherwise prevent the chest from falling all of the way down.

[​IMG]

10. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Mass-shifting FTW? o.o

Not so much an update as me having fun after picking up Ultimate BB for cheap. =3 Also semi-proof that Ops can still transform without issue.

11. ambroseya

ambroseya Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    My English not so good. I can't explain that hope this pic can help you ^^

12. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Thanks a load Ambro - I'll be cribbling a Gundam to steel the double knee joint and then I'll see if I can replicate that system. ^^ For now, I've been able to hollow the legs. It also turns out that the KO extends the front wheels so that they don't get in the way of the ball joints - I've lowered the front of the truck to compensate (or raised the wheels, whatever).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After the knees are in, time to get to work on the shoulders. Afterward, the neck has to be fixed so that his head isn't so far forward.

Also, all of the silver bits are just blue bits painted silver. I feel cheated. =(

13. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

deeeenngg.

this is awesome work dude, i might just have to pick one up now even though it's obscenely priced; but after the mods it looks like a scaled down mp, so i might have to dip my toes in the water just this once. (and splurge a bit)

14. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    It pretty much is. If anything, grab the 8-inch KO. It's the closest thing to a Voyager Class MP Prime. X3 I'm gonna try and grab one next time chimungmung gets one up on eBay. $20 shipped! X3