KO Reissue question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DeltaEcho, Jul 30, 2009.

1. DeltaEcho

DeltaEcho The Last Gunslinger

News Credits:
    So after years of collecting and avoiding G1 figures for some reason, I stumbled across a garage sale where I ended up getting a good handfull of the little buggers (Blitzwing, Warpath, Dunerunner, some of what turned out to be Gobots, and Devastator, complete cept the little guys guns) and now I want more. Ive always had some interest in the Dinobots, especially Snarl, so I was looking around and found this Dinobots G1 Set of 5 - G1 KO at KOTOYS.COM. I know they arent official, but does anyone know if the quality is as good as they claim? I just want to know if these guys are worth considering or if Im better off just hunting for some originals. Any Advice you guys can offer would be awesome.

2. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I never bought a K.O. and imagined that they were awful, but at Botcon this year I went to a booth that had them on display. I was amazed by how similar they are to the original. I couldn't tell the difference.
    I don't like K.O.'s and don't think people should support them. Have you considered getting originals? If non G1 fans keep indifferently supporting K.O.'s, they shouldn't be surprised when their favorite toys are also knocked off.

3. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    from what i have read on these boards they seem hit and miss, loose joints or poor quality plastic here and there, and not quite sure myself as dont own any KO

4. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby N7 Destroyer

5. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    The original Dinobots are not much more than the KO price on ebay, so I'd look there and shop around a bit. That, at least, worked for me. I got all five of them in minty condition for $230 (see the link to my collection below my sig).

And beware - you've opened up the motherload of all arguments on the boards (second only to the movie immaturity). It could get nasty in here.

6. Cornholiocon

Cornholiocon Up the irons!

DeltaEcho,
    I've started putting together a G1 collection and bought a KO Grimlock. I went the KO route because I wanted a brand new piece as he's one of my all-time favorate characters and I didn't want to spend a fortune on a new vintage one.
    Overall, I'm happy I bought it but as others have said, I've heard KOs are hit and miss. I read that the Swoop is a mess with paint and being unable to stand and that the screws and stickers for some of them are very low quality. My Grimlock turned out fine and the only real difference I noted from the G1 original I had as a kid is that the KO seems to weigh slightly less. I can't say how he holds up after multiple transformations as I only transformed him once, applied the stickers, and put him on display with my other G1'ers. All in all a good toy but I think I'll not push my luck getting any other KO's and be happy I got one without any problems.
    Hope this helps.

7. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Be safe and go with vintage.
    I wanted the KO shockwave so bad i can taste it, but some of the Quality Control issues are just wayyy to much for me to wait weeks for and discover.