KO "reissue" Hound on the horizon?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Chosen, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Made a neat discovery yesterday and failed to mention it sooner.

Thanks to Red leader, I was able to make a great trade with him to receive one of the KO Mirage figures, specifically the Diaclone red version with blue eyes. Never having owned a Mirage and only handling a couple G1 toys before, I was impressed with the quality and might even review him later on.

But there was one glaring flaw that I noticed. For some odd reason, Mirage was unable to hold his hunting rifle at all. It was as if the KO makers completely screwed up, making his fist holes too wide or the handle too small... as if the gun didn't even belong to Mirage.

Lo and behold, it wasn't his hunting rifle at all, but a somewhat deformed hologram rifle for Hound! Of note is that the rear of the rifle is cut short and is easily identified next to the genuine article.

Now, I don't yet have a camera at my disposal for a picture, but I don't go off and buy random G1 toys, and certainly not G1 parts for which I have no use, AND have no stock in lying about this sort of thing. If someone around here wants the thing so they can verify the claim, PM me. I can't think of any reason myself why a Hound gun got into Mirage's packaging and in place of his real weapon, aside from perhaps a shared mold... or indeed, a Hound KO following the release of some of the others announced.

EDIT: I borrowed an image from Transformerland to show what I was talking about. There's also an indentation of a straight line along the length of the barrel of the weapon, and it may also be shortened compared to the original.

[​IMG]

2. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    This would definitely fit with the trend of past bootlegs having their packaging and accessories hit the eBay market prior to the figure's release.

Unfortunately that scumbag yc-collection will no doubt be selling these as originals and people won't realize the difference from the pictures; just like the rounded-peg Prime fists he sells.

Where did the bootlegers get the altered rifle mold? Japanese/eHobby reissues?

3. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Weird.

And man I hate yc-collection, look up scumbag in the dictionary and there is a link to his ebay page...

4. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    It seems unlikely they'll make a fake Hound since reissue Hound is still available at around his retail price. They might do fake weapons or something I guess, though.

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Fake gas cans and spare tires are things I could see.

6. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Didn't this company previously express interest in doing a Jazz reissue to go along with the other cars, before Spencer had to fill them in about Jazz as an upcoming Encore?

7. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    What I heard is the guy who does these likes doing cars, but apparently, judging by what's been released so far, he takes into account whether they will sell or not before actually making them. We haven't gotten anything reissued so far that wasn't hard to find as a reissue or got not reissue (with the exception of Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Laserbeak, and Ravage, I guess? but they're small toys). They could break the pattern and put something out that is easy to find as a reissue, but then they'd have to charge a hell of a lot less, and they're in this to make money, after all.

I don't know anything about their wanting to do Jazz, honestly. Only that Jason Jupiter mentioned it once in a post.

8. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I can't see Hound, either, as the Takara Book-Style one is still relatively easy to come by.

Never know, though.

Also Hound could be in Encore, perhaps. I haven't heard anything, but they have the mold.