KO Red Head Slag

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by cappeca, Jan 26, 2012.

1. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

[​IMG]

Got this guy yesterday, which was the next on my list after Blue Swoop. Since KOTOYS was closed before I got to buy it from them, I had to go to another source, which I won't talk about here in order to protect him. Don't worry, Tony, I got your back. Items came very quickly considering the huge overseas trip, and I was glad to receive everything in perfect condition.

[​IMG]

Once again the appeal of the toy is to look like the animated counterpart. Now, forgive me, because I really don't know the story about the Diaclone Slag - what I've seen on the TfWiki is a little different than this, though, looking more like another KO reissue called Blue Canadian Slag - so I'm really not sure, no, actually I don't believe it's the same case as Swoop. How Slag got a red head in the cartoon is a complete mystery to me. In any case, if you like cartoon accurate figures, this is the version you're looking for.

[​IMG]

I remember saying how I hated the Dinobots, because every single one I've seen was loose as hell. Let me tell you one thing right here and now, if the 84 original Dinobots came as tight as this guy, I would have LOVED them. Really, I thought only Swoop could be as tight, no way in hell they could make a Dinobot an enjoyable toy. Well, they did. This guy is so tight, I have to close the dino's mouth with the help of his sword, to pry the jaw back up again from the chest. Seriously, I loved him.

[​IMG]

The chrome on this figure is BEAUTIFUL, the toy shines from every angle.

[​IMG]

The toy comes with everything, including the chromed Diaclone sword. Yes, he came with two swords, red and chrome. The red one is *cheap*, the plastic bends with a little pressure, but the chrome one is pretty cool. Comes with gun, missile launcher and missiles, instructions and all the stickers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

More pictures for your entertainment.

[​IMG]

While I thought he was expensive at first at $85, I believe now he was totally worth it. Slag was my favorite Dinobot ever since Marvel issue #8, and I hated the toy once I played it with all its looseness. This one is redemption, pure and simple.

[​IMG]

:thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  3. noisemaze75

noisemaze75 Well-Known Member

your not going to talk about your source...yet you tell us his name?....right-o...

4. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Ohhhh, snap! ;) 

5. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Dead giveaway :lol 

6. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign None shall stand all shall fall

News Credits:
    Damn I want this! Could you pm me your source? Or should I try kate?

iDD

7. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what color is the launcher? the real Canadian slag had a red one, regular slag had a black one

8. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Black.

9. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    damn lol. was hoping it'd be red, still a might buy since i like these colors better than the black one

10. johnchow604

johnchow604 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    KO Red Head Slag is about double the cost of the High Quality KO Slag.

Is the price difference in paint apps only or are there other changes?

I hope they also do a Blue eyed Grimlock.

11. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    I'm glad they made the horns chrome and launcher black. It helps to differentiate the KOs from the real deal.

12. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    He is simply amazing. Both he and Swoop are of the highest quality, even in comparison to the already high quality KO's. I have both the regular version and these more show accurate versions and these take the cake. They really did a great job with them and I hope they, along with the red Mirage, are just the beginning of some special releases. Definitely interested in a blue Bluestreak, purple Astrotrain, etc.

If anyone is on the fence about these, don't be. They are truly wonderful and you will love them to death once you have them. They are also small production runs and when they sell out they will be rare.

13. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

I believe price is different simply because of paint apps - the same reasoning behind Anime Astrotrain or Anime Bluestreak.

Grimlock next!

14. johnchow604

News Credits:
    Thanks to this review I've entered the world of KO's.

I bought KO Red Head Slag, KO Blue Swoop, the rest of the KO dinobots, WST combiners, Defensor and Superion giftsets.

Strangely, I'm looking forward to getting these more than I did my more recent purchases of Hercules, RTS, and Generation bots.

15. johnchow604

News Credits:
    I got the KO Red Head Slag and it looks great. The only thing is my box had a blue diaclone slag sticker on the front.

Cappeca, did yours come with a blue diaclone or red diaclone slag sticker?