Ko rant

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Dec 25, 2008.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Yah know, Im really getting tired of people complaining about knock offs.. seriously.. a toy... is a friggen toy it is made out of plastic with the intent of playing with so if its a knock of its not fun to play with... seriously... come on man. Now I know collectors have there collector value but its still like seriously so what if the plastic is a little cheap.. to save a buck are you not willing to be cheap to get cheap. I mean WTF... sorry about this rant its just a lil irrateing haveing six million people complain about Ko's dude.. its a friggen toy, get over yourselves

- TheDemonDzko (serverly irrate)

2. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I disagree. Sure there are KO's that have more quality, but the ones I have encountered were terrible. Poor brittle plastic, shitty paintjobs..and I don't really care if you can clearly see it's a KO, but there's also alot of instances where people are tricking you into buying the real deal, and you end up with imitation.

If I pay for a toy I want, I want the real deal, not some half-assed copy.

3. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For the most part, I agree with you. I have no problem with KOs that are sold as KOs, I even own a few myself. I have the KO Mirage and will likely buy the KO Wheeljack, because chances of those being reissued are pretty much zero.

BUT....

When a KO is marketed and sold as the real thing, like those Metroplex KOs that were put into Encore boxes, (see here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...-encore-12-metroplex-i-got-tfsource-fake.html) that's a really really shitty thing to do, and I don't blame people at all for getting mad over that. You're not saving a few bucks if you're paying full price for what you think is a real reissue. I'm not a person who cares too much about "collectibilty" or having valuable toys as a status symbol, but I do care about quality if I am going to pay full price for a figure, and I do care about people being misled.

4. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Um... WTF brought this on?

5. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Leaving aside the merits of your argument, TDD, we really don't need to go down this predictable and divisive road again as far as the whole KO argument is concerned.

6. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Maybe The Demon Dzko is secretly a Transformer bootlegger who's infiltrated the forums. :p 

7. GenZhao

GenZhao Banned

News Credits:
    ya its cool and all if people want to not like them, but they shouldnt complain so much about them. I buy load of them for myself all the time. I love them. I wouldnt have gotten into collecting so much here if it wasnt for them. Personally I love seeing a new KO, even if its just a variation of one thats already out there.

Some Kos are really cool.

As long as people know what to expect and they arent being lied to they really dont have anything to complain about.

To those who complain about sweat shops and what not. These factory workers work in the same factories or under the same confitions as factories that make our Hasbro and Takara Toys, I dont see you bitching at Hasbro and Takara to pay their chinese factory employees more money. And if they didnt have the job in the factory they would have an even worse job, or even worse then that, No job and starve to death or be begging on the streets.

have to remember that a lot of KOs simply are not meant for collectors (even though some of us love them and dont give 2 shits about the quality unless its totally horrible), these are meant for poor kids whos parents cant afford to spend the 2 days salary they earn in the Hasbro Factory on a legit Hasbro Toy.

8. Optimus Sledge

No, really: WTF brought this on?

9. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Shrug its just ive been noticeing alot of people complain about Ko's and... yeah...

10. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    i predict a fanboy pissing contest on the evils of KO's then a thread lock..

11. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    THE GREAT GADEP HATH SPOKEN!!

But I don't buy KOs, so I don't see what the big deal is.

12. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    damn straight!

LOL..i like KO's...especially my KO metrotitan...when a character is never going to be released it falls on others.....BUT...other fans will disagree....

really, i do not care either way...just the way these threads eventually do go...someone will swing in with the ban all KO's banter...the Pro-KO folks will show up and do a drive by...and then...Thread lock....

13. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I believe it comes down to choice. If you have the cash to spend on vintage complete figures go ahead. If you just want the mold in your collection and don't really care about the legitimacy of the product buy KO's. I myself wish I had the cash to spend on old and nicely preserved g1s but price is and always will be a barrier in my case. I will buy a moderately priced decent KO if I have to.

14. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

I hate people putting KOs on ebay and said its the real thing but when I get them they are KOs.

15. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Well-Known Member

If a KO is said to be the real thing, fuck no that's horseshit.

But if it's not advertised as the real thing, who gives?

16. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

All I have to say on the matter is ***** ********* ** ****** *** ******** *** ****** ***** ****** ********* ** ****** ** ***** *** **** ****** **!!!!

17. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

This thread can go on forever. Does anyone really care (or read) what other people's opinions are on the matter? People are gonna have their own personal preferences no matter what is said or typed. Mods, please lock the thread already.

18. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :locked2: 

Please?
    it's christmas....

19. Optimus Sledge

KOs killed my mother and raped my father.

20. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't buy KO's, and don't usually buy G1 stuff. After this business with the Metroplex KOs I think I'm going to steer even farther away from anything from that line, its not fair to me or other people who want the real thing when its authenticity is delegitimized by KOs that could be passed off as the real thing.