KO Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ravenxl7, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. I have a question dealing with KO's. I've done some searching, but, couldn't find anything helpfull. My question is, has there ever been a KO of Beast Wars Rampage? Thanks in advance for any help that I get.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Anybody? It would be really helpfull if someone could tell me if there has been one or not. I've got an idea for a kitbash, and, well, a ko would not only be easier for me to get ahold of, but also cheaper for me :thumb . If there hasn't been one, than I'll probably find a different TF to start with for this, and go for more of a pre-beast version of him.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    You say you have all these kitbash ideas (seems to be in the hundreds by now), but you never make any of them. What's up with that?

4. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    The did a TM2 Megatron so it is possible although I am very into Knock offs and I have not come across one.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    To put it simply, I have way more creative talent than I do funds to make all my ideas happen. Coming up with ideas like these is what I'm good at. I would have taken decent photos of the kitbashes that I have done so far, but, I haven't had the chance to as I'm busy with college, and we are currently remodeling our house. I also don't have a decent digital camera yet. Hopefully I'll be able to take some decent photos over Christmas break.

Ok, thanks. I was hoping that they would have made one by now.

6. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Rampage doesn't go for much now, does it? I don't think it was ever really popular enough for a KO release.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'll have to look around some more, but, I think the last time I searched for one they were kinda pricey (in my opinion at least). The other thing stopping me from using an origional, is that I'll feel bad using an origional for a kitbash. I personaly would rather use a KO if possible. I also remember people groaning over someone's kitbash that started out using a Rampage (can't think of who right now), and something about using a good/valuable toy for a kitbash. It could be a cheap Big Lots ko for all I care, lol.

8. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I just checked... $30 plus shipping seems to be the asking price... You might want to check flea markets and garage sales to get an original cheap.

Makes me reconsider keeping mine under the bed...

9. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I try to keep up with domesitcally available KO's. I have never seen a BW Rampage KO. Of course, that's not to say there isn't one out there in Asia somewhere.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hmm....ok, thanks guys. I still might find a different mold for him for a pre-beast version (I like a good challenge). Question is, what vehicle would best convay the look of a crab? This one should be fun to find :thumb .

11. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

They showed a silouette, of Rampage in bot mode, when Primal was telling the story of X. I don't recall it looking very crab like. It's the colors and head that should look like him. it doesn't have to be a crab. With his tread mode, I would look for something like that.

Maybe use the toy that they, already used for Dinobot, since I think the movie toy, wreakage, looks more like dinobot. You would have treads and a claw like arm. It's just a thought. Or just any kinda construction vehicle. Good luck.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Actually, I should have cleared this up in the first post, the kitbash isn't of Rampage himself, but of Shockaract, who was an exclusive using the Rampage mold. I'm going to go look threw some Seibertron galleries to see what I can find, though I am open to more suggestions. Personally, I'm not a fan of that mold, but, maybe with the right modifications, it could be usefull for the basic body of him.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Was just looking threw some Seibertron galleries, and I had an idea. What if I were to use Cybertron Dirt Boss as the base for him, and replace the big tires with treads and a set of some kind of claws. Also give him a new/custom head. It might work. What do you guys think?

14. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    No idea. very difficult to envision kitbashes really, without seeing them.

You might also consider the energon scorponok mold, with the tail removed. 'twould make a decent crabtank with the big scoop claws and armored body.

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That could work, though I'd probably use the Cybertron repaint as that would be closer to the desired color-scheme. Actually, the one thing that I don't like about that mold, if i were to use it for this, is that the claws in alt-mode, are the arms in bot-mode. I personally would rather have him have normal arms in bot-mode.

16. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Energon Optimus? :) 

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I know you're kidding :thumb , but, in all seriousness, he wouldn't be a good starting point in my opinion, lol. Any more (serious) ideas out there?