KO (probably OS): MPM-5 Barricade, Studio Series Grimlock and more...

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, May 3, 2018.

1. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    That doesnt make it redeemed.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh...THAT one...

I just cant get behind the official megatron.

Sure it may be good...but the way I see it..I buying it for one mode. It's a posable statue to me. I see nothing more than megatron laying like superman for his alt mode. It's boring looking. The couple of gimmicks he has..meh..ok..

But I'm in this for the TRANSFORMATIONS. I love the engineering. There just not enough there for me to justify the official price when I just got burned on ironhide.

Keep this in mind..I was cheerleading HasTak all the way up to the point i pulled ironhide out of the box and said "wtf?!? His freakin arms are on his back...and the windows dont tab in?"

Done.

I dont give a wet fart how some will defend "that's what he looks like...that's accurate.." BULLSHIT. Pick up the studio ironhide. THATS how to do the arms. They had a template, and they went with something baaaaad. Shitty design choice. Add to that the windows getting thru quality all the way to final production?

Done.

So I'll defer my purchases 6-8 months...and after all the ruckus chills out after EVERY release..then I'll just pick which one I want.

So I'm replacing MpM barricade with a ko 1/3 of the price and way better. My official shoulders DO NOT come close to locking, yet I see there was sk e sort of attempt.
    Replacing MpM Ironhide with..hell..whatever hits now. I think so done is working on an OS studio.
    My MpM prime was pretty good, if I got one like some of the guys had issues..I'd have a BM or WJ.

Then Jazz.
    I'm sorry..but I just do not see a huge improvement over HA jazz. The proportions of the new MpM look very off to me. It just does not look right. Surely there will be a "bottleneck" for jazz. If not..who cares. The HA is still a gorgeous figure.

No..megatron is not a redeeming figure for me. A ROTF Megatron ? Mabye.. movie 1? That toy looks like ass in alt mode. Do I want it for the bot mode? Yup...but I'm sure the BM or WJ will be better painted and do something cool.

• Like Like x 2
  3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Wow... it's almost like the epiphany I had in my collecting

• Like Like x 2
  4. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I came to that conclusion after I got MPM3, 4, and 5 then saw the Legendary Toys versions. I was so fed up with Optimus I got LT2 and was so happy. Bee and Barricade are good enough for me, even though Barry's shoulders aren't locking for me either. Now I'm waiting for the KO MPM Bee and Ironhide...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was wondering if anyone who bought The Black Mamba OSKO SS Grimlock can speak to the security of the tabs that hold the hips in place in Dinosaur mode.
    I bought the Hasbro one and was frankly shocked at the bad design of that part - instead of something that clips up to or over another part it just has all the entire weight of the dino legs supported on two tiny "Tight" tabs that are just begging to snap.
    So I was wondering did they improve the materials or design of that connection point at all or does it maintain that issue on the Oversize version/s ?

Also can someone remind me who is making Scorn BMB or Wei Jiang ?
    Or if anyone was ever actually going to Overscale MP Barricade or not ( I have the one-to-one scale KO) but considering Bumblebee gets made in so many sizes it seemed to me an overscale Barry would be nice to have too - for fans of the Character (like me).

Perhaps if someone did that they could include a Frenzy mini-figure too - that would be nice.

6. D0nut

D0nut Well-Known Member

My copy feels pretty solid in dino mode, it's the same design as the official though. 20190319_201219-980x2016.jpg

7. Enderwiggen

Enderwiggen Well-Known Member

Just imagine how good the black mamba version
    Will be then!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Waiting on SS Ironhide.

As much as I collect Masterpiece, I dont give a shit about having MPMs. The OS Studios scratch that itch just fine, without me being almost embarrassed to spend money on Bayformers.

9. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:

You know what dude?

I love the movie designs..but get this...in a few more years...

NOBODY BUT US WILL REMEMBER G1...

In a little bit of time...when anyone on earth thinks "bumble bee" or "optimus " they will picture the movie.

It's almost like that now

• Like Like x 2
  10. frdx

frdx Well-Known Member

YES you said it right, and people here think otherwise, G1 cartoons are going to oblivion

11. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anybody looking for a BMB Grimlock, PM me. Selling mine.

12. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I sort of agree, but in a way it will live on as long as hasbro puts out G1 inspired stuff, and obviously, people will find the 80's cartoon, but yeah... most people won't exactly be referring to the 80's being the best thing ever.

13. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Lol

14. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    The only Bay Megatron I want is DotM truck. I love the official voyager, but he's too small. The OS KO of it is WAAAAAYYYYYYY too big, lol. The new Leader...something's off about it, but I don't have it in hand, so I can't judge it too harshly, though I really hate his hood & cape. I love the rubbery plastic from the voyager because it sits the way I'd want it to sit. I dunno, maybe I think the leader is too small as well, as I'm trying to go with MPM scale now...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Snake_eyes1975

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope

The new leader is baddass. I thought the same thing about the rubber hood...nope. new one is way better. It's really a baddass figure

16. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Its always fun when I say "this figure looks cool, but that other one look fairly bad" and then end up seeing them in person, and my opinion's switch.... that's pictures vs real life for ya :p 

17. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
  18. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  19. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    If you look at the pictures, they did. They hid the wheels onto his back and rear headlughts are on his calves!!! .:D 
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Beefkr10z

Beefkr10z Well-Known Member

I can’t find a dedicated thread for the OS Studio Series Bumblebee, so sorry if this is in the wrong place!

Got my oversized SS BMB ‘Bee through today. For the price, it’s great. No, it’s not movie accurate. No, it doesn’t scale with other figures. Yes, it’s a dirty knock-off.

It’s also the first transformer in a long time that I’ve not been able to put down all day. It’s had problem areas on the original mould fixed (the backpack hinge on the original was made in clear plastic, and it has to be fenagled into position quite roughly, the BMB version is standard plastic). There’s plenty of die-cast -feet & chest, it’s a damn good scale for 3 3/4” figures (damn, I need a Reaction Charlie figure now), and really, for a third of the price of the SS original, everyone on this forum should pick one up.

My version didn’t have the battle mask, but I think that’s something that isn’t included with this version, and if Black Mamba are doing an even bigger version (as the promo pictures suggest), I’ll 100% pick one up.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3