KO Oversized MP Seekers

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by G.I.EDDIE, Dec 17, 2016.

1. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Get RH.

I've heard Tanaka is OK, but as proud owner of all 3 RH SS/SW/TC versions (plus previously had the green/gray RH version as well), I can honestly say they are built like tanks and SUPER solid. Great plastic quality, tolerances, etc.

I can probably help you out. Figures are all brand new. PM me or see my BST

Would it be so bad to just add a TC or SW RH versions to your Tanaka SS?

2. appchasers

appchasers Well-Known Member

Wow nice price! Is Tanaka going to do Skywarp and Thundercracker?

3. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man I hope so. They seem to be dragging their feet with these OS MPs. So far only Starscream and Sideswipe/Lambor.

4. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    No, they are making up-sized versions of their MP seeker sets, to fit these new up sized KO MP seekers. And they include appropriately sized insignia. I've been test-fitting on my CG-04 for them and providing measurements/pics of my copy of the mold.

5. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are there any pics of these upsized sets?

6. robh

robh Decepticon

Yup... already ordered one from you :) 

• Like Like x 1
  7. appchasers

appchasers Well-Known Member

Thanks man. I have both the RH and Tanaka SS but love the cartoon colors and am hoping Tanaka does them still.

8. jetrobo

jetrobo Well-Known Member

Finally bit the bullet and removed the USAF insignia from the wing. Sanded off and then buffed like crazy.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    A+ for attention to detail bro.

10. jetrobo

Thanks! I got all 3 of my OS seekers through your deals, they are some of my all-time favorite plastic possessions (especially the blue guy) :) 

11. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    I found it impossible it match the sheen via sanding/buffing---either too dull or too shiny. I ended up using flattened Future to match the gloss-level.

12. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Kind of looking forward to Robot hero CG-05 Sun Storm. I like the I-gear plus flames color scheme. Their seekers are top notch quality with proper weight and joints plus quality.
    Liking the idea of their Cg-03p and cg-04p upgrade kits as well. 6 new faces on each? awesome. All of these seekers go well with my OS collection. 5.png

• Like Like x 1
  13. jetrobo

Not a big Sunstorm fan, but this CG05 definitely has the best deco I've seen on an MP style. I wish the original 3 had the nice orange canopy this Sunstorm has.

• Like Like x 1
  14. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    The one thing that truly prevents most otherwise "G1-colored" seekers from truly being so. I've seen smoke, amber, Yellow, smokey-orange, but never the bright orange that was on both the original TC and SW toys and all three in the toon.

15. 18inchcombiner

18inchcombiner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you have the link for the Skywarp light purple ones? I'd appreciate it.

16. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

After recently realising that I still hadn't bought one of these, I made a decision and went for the Greenscream deco. I already have a bunch of MP-11 and MP-3 seekers so I don't want to buy them all or too many, and the greenscream version is a deco I no longer have.

The intent is to use them along the Alt/BT figures (who are 1:24, the common model kit scale for cars, while for jets this is 1:48...so robot Hero is just a smidge too large). And Greenscream will be the base for a Sky Quake. (After purchase, I started to hesitate if the blue one hadn't been a better choice.)

I got him today.

My, even owning MP-3, 6 & 7, all the MP-11 releases (save the TT TC) and currently still two iGears (of the 7 I had), this took me by surprise. Everything I love about the MP-11: the pretty realistic altmode, the chunky feel of the figure and the many little details. I consider MP-11 figures to be safety buys because I know I like them (and thus why the MP-11 Coneheads were such a letdown), and I definitly like this one.

Very tempted to get the blue one as well (Jetstorm? PRiD Dreadwind?)

Of course, nothing is ever perfect.

I really would've preferred it if this had been the (iGear improved) MP-3 mould, since I like the slightly more realistic jetmode (the curvature at the back behind the engines and the covering of the robotparts on the sides) and the more sleek robotmode legs a little better. And for the first time ever, I miss the missile pods. I don't think I've ever used them on the MP-3/11 mould but I prefer them on this.

Mine does have a slight bit of difficulty of folding the larger, more square wing flaps back. The hinge doesn't want to co-operate. Will have to look into this.

Oh, and I noticed that the winghinge isn't the open version of the MP-11 nor the POM version of the iGear/Walscream. Has anyone ever seen stress developing on this?

17. jetrobo

Not that I've noticed on CG-01,-03, and -04. I've transformed each about 5 times.

18. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    Now that test-fitting stickers is over, I can paint the tailfins:
    IMG_3424.JPG

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  19. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Every time this thread gets bumped I think "Yes! Please be coneheads news!" and every time I'd leave disappointed were it not for the great customs you guys are doing. Keep it up!

• Like Like x 1
  20. robh

robh Decepticon

woot... just got this guy in. He's a beast. I'm pretty impressed. The finish "looks" a bit cheap at first glance, but he's really damn solid. The improved hands help out a lot, plus he's just a lot smoother to TF than a real MP-11. Good job on RH's part for improving the tolerances. Hell, they even added waist swivel, although it's pretty limited due to the way the torso transforms.

Originally I wanted to do a custom, but was just kind of like "meh, OK something else to paint". However, after seeing him, I'm super stoked. This guy is going to look sick. Going to try to go for a G1/Movie-verse combo (what I like to call, what movie-verse should have been!) with real world, albeit older, look in jet mode, with subdued cartoon color add-ons in robot mode. I'm hoping it pans out pretty well, but we'll see!

• Like Like x 1