KO Oversized Arcee

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by knyghtmare2021, Oct 17, 2016.

1. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Thanks for the response. I guess it’s off to eBay.

2. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think tf-direct gives them out for free. You have to pay shipping or order something else and they'll pack it in with your shipment

3. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

In car mode perhaps!

• Like Like x 1
  4. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

That isn't even a question. Weijiang is vastly superior to Toyworld in alt-mode. Weijiang actually has one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

And bot mode?

6. Mormolyce

If you want my opinion - neither is up to MP standards in bot mode. One is an upscaled Generations figure (which I adored in that scale, mind you) and the other is... not quite right. The head is probably the worst of it, though personally I don't like the shoulder pieces and overall she feels like a weird crossbreed between MP Transformer and Figma figure or something. I mean it's kind of cool in its own offbeat way (if you can forgive the head) but it's not going to be anyone's forever Arcee.

The Wei Jiang is nice (good materials, paint etc), but it's exactly what it claims to be: an upscaled Platinum Edition Arcee. No more, no less.

I dunno, if you need a shelf-warmer you could go with either, but if you want a proper MP Arcee I recommend waiting.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    If I get them, they will be available for free to those who ordered - you'll just have to pay for shipping. I've checked recently and still nothing. I always keep my BST post updated with this kind of stuff.

8. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    It's where I got mine. $5.

9. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have a alcee kneepad they are not going to use?

The one I got from ebay was missing a kneepad. :( 

BTW I decided to do the Hip mod, it is like night and day's difference. I recommend doing it. :D 

Use a automatic center punch to make removing the hip pins easier. Then just use needle files to shape the parts as needed. Took me about a hour in all.

Also you will end up sanding a little paint off on the sides of the crotch area, so keep that in mind before doing the mod. But its not really in a noticeable spot.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mormolyce

I'd say Toyworld's is superior... provided you only look at the front half.

So if you need an Arcee in your display who's going to stay in alt mode, and you need her to be half in and half out of a slipper, she's perfect.

11. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I kept this for alt mode to go with alt mode-less Leia lol

12. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

So you agree with me. Alcee has an altmode and Leia has half an altmode.

13. Mormolyce

It wasn't obvious I was kidding?

14. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

Text based humor doesn't always work, but I understood that we were agreeing.

15. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I found Generations Arcee, and by extension Alcee, to have a robot mode that's best described as "bleah". I get that they're going for a feminine image, as that's what Arcee projects. The poor gal is bow legged, though. As a result, you get this odd image of what appears to be a robotic woman from the waist up, and from the waist down the bare legs of a Old West Sheriff sauntering into a saloon at high noon.

I also think Alcee's original face is kinda goony. The replacement definitely fixes it, but the original's face is the stuff of nightmares with it's dead-eyed stare and lipless mouth that makes her look like some kind of mutant pink shark woman.

THat being said, I think both Generations Arcee and Alcee have a special place in Transformers toy history, given what they are. I have them both, and both are displayed... amongst a lot of other figures to offset how bad I think they look in robot mode.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
  17. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's the Wei Jiang box art and those are Wei Jiang's promo pics. That price is a little too good and that seller doesn't have much feedback so I don't know if I'd risk it.

18. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    So, I have seen multiple listings like that. Also, what happens when you get screwed on EBay now? Wouldn't I just get my money back?

19. Mormolyce

Seller under 1000 points = don't even think about it IMO (I think 200 is the supposed sweet spot but personally I look for a lot higher if possible). Especially if it's a Chinese listing at a significant discount, they mass list those scams.

I believe you would get your money back, but it'd waste a lot of your time at the least. Ebay's claims process can be a huge pain. Odds of that listing not being a scam is negligible if you ask me.

20. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah you'll get your money back but it takes forever. I mean it's not that much money so maybe it's worth the risk. My main problem with eBay scams is it ties up the money I want to use for the figure so, if I get scammed, I have to wait to get refunded before I can try ordering the figure again. With an amount this small, though, maybe it wouldn't hurt as much.

I agree with Mormolyce though: this listing sets off my scam sense. If you wanna take the risk, go for it but I personally wouldn't.