KO OS GT Gravity Builder (Devastator)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Bystander, Nov 2, 2017.

1. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I wonder if they are handling the ratchets the same way they did on prediking? On prediking they basically had a looooong unsupported plastic tongue that stuck into the grooves of the ratchet, and when it would "click" it was due to the tongue flexing enough to pop out of one groove and then springing back into another.

The way I discovered this was because divebomb oddly had no ratchet in his back for arm mode... so I took him apart to investigate... and apparently someone at the factory thought it was mold flash and trimmed it off. XD

Luckily all the arm bots recycled the back of their torso pieces, so I just swapped his and catilla's.

But yeah I was really curious if they used the same "design" on bruticus and this figure. Mind looking?

• Like Like x 2
  2. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    From these posts earlier in the thread, it seems that way. The ratchet joints seem to be a consistent complaint for some but doesn’t bother most people. For this price I won’t complain.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  3. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

Care to elaborate ?

4. Gen jay

Gen jay Well-Known Member

Hollow bits to navvy’s excavator, and the sides of bulldozers scoop is now molded in one piece which works but can’t use it as a tomahawk in bot mode.

5DB2FA97-CEA3-4410-9BCF-36EAADD08829.jpeg

Will post some pictures tonight.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Gen jay

I Looked at his hips ratchet last night and they were the standard ratchets you see in 3p figures (ie teeth on either sides kept together by springs) yeh the ones they used in feral Rex we’re not really smooth.

Another thing I noticed is the combiner ports is not as rigid as GT’s. Not sure how it’ll hold in combined mode especially as an oversized figure.

Just comparing JB OS KO with Yes model’s OS MT Guardia, YM feels better overall in terms of materials, fit and finish.

Saying all that, the JB OS is probably what I was expecting. Though the looseness on bulldozer’s chest and waist swivel is annoying. Navvy not so bad.

6. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon

Noooooooo :cry 

7. Moonminer

Moonminer Moonminer

will there be any other repaints of Jinbao or NBK ? Id love to see diaclone repaint.

8. Gen jay

Here’s the hollowed scoop for navvy.

And if you look closely the ratchets to their hips.

4621B297-8F31-40AE-922B-2DB46A8461C5.jpeg

Bulldozer next to Havoc...

F9ABDA0B-46D2-4B74-8456-DDC1453D5F8A.jpeg

5904DBF0-4BA8-4DB2-9838-B33D3A51A3A9.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  9. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I just bought the a set from dreamtoysgo on ebay. Has anyone else got anything from them? The whole "loose new" thing always kinda worries me with stuff shipped from China. lol

Also is there anything important on the box?

10. Pinko McFly

Pinko McFly Member

Can't speak to your seller, but the loose vs box seems quite common for this set and Jinbaou releases in general, my understanding is it's a cost saving measure for the buyer as the boxes for this company's releases are quite big and mist move it up a shipping cost bracket.

11. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    I believe that is seller Sarah zhang in the photo, she is trusted, last I heard.

12. mapatel

mapatel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im sorely tempted to get these to be indivdual bots rather than the combiner

13. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Good paint, good size, better quality than their KOmbaticons. They feel like mid tier 3P. Big bruising toys you ain't afraid to get up close and personal with.

Size comparison:

[​IMG]

Joints on the whole are sturdy and while Bonecrusher wants to do the splits at times, he's also ridiculously top heavy so he gets some slack. Few caveats on both - waist and upper body ratchet swivels have a lot of play (irritating at first.. still irritating now) but I guess that allows for less restrictive posing from a ratchet joint. It is a sore point. Lateral thigh movement is tight but well lubed, although I reckon long term those toothy thigh joints will get properly wrecked without an eye on preventative TLC.

Generally, robostuff pegs together well, though Scavenger's silver chest piece is as wobbly as my ass in her speedos. They dont look particularly G1. They don't look particularly based on any kind of Constructicon media. I like that.

Further size comparison:

[​IMG]

Vehicle modes next, and after two lovely, intuitive and smooth conversions...

[​IMG]

..mate, stick a fork in me, I'm done. Utterly tremendous slabs of lime green hard hat hardcore. This is where it's at and this is where all my niggles got crushed under tread.

Beautiful.

For just over 20 quid per almost Leader sized bot, there ain't a whole lot to gripe about here.

[​IMG]

Definitely better than a smack in the mouth.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  14. tffan2017

tffan2017 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Why does everyone mis transform Bonecrusher's Shovel hydraulics.. they're not stacks lol

• Like Like x 2
  15. Rodann

Rodann Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Lol!! THANK you!

Between him, and TW Bonecrusher’s side leg braces....... He’s so disrespected.

16. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Is there no one that has both the original normal sized set and the knocked-up set for a side-by-side size compare-o?

17. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do believe you may have coined a new term. We'll see if it sticks, but from now I too will refer to OS KO figures as knocked-up.

18. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I sold my set in anticipation of this set.....:cool: 

• Like Like x 1
  19. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Actually @nacho did quite a while ago. Joint effort? I can't actually recall. He'll remember if he chimes in.

I considered doing just that, but then GT showed off their "new head" upgrade and gave me pause. If This set ends up with the upgrade I'll attempt to bail on this one if anyone is dumb enough to buy it over this. :D 

20. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

It's not a new term. When the oversized KO's of the ROTF bots came out the cute name was knock-ups.