KO OS GT Gravity Builder (Devastator)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Bystander, Nov 2, 2017.

1. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm interested in knowing what alternate colors they'd come out with for this OS'd KO, if any. I know they didn't come out with multiple colors for their OS'd bruticus, but they did with their OS'd feral rex (and yes, I know mmc already came up with the Nero rex scheme; but it's not like the fruticus color scheme wasn't already out).

I already have 2 CW Devys, 1 UW devy (one for each mode), 1 TW yellow constructor, 1 green and 1 yellow set of the suuuuper simplified versions of the two original 3P devys that went for ~$60 each . I was considering the white SG set when bbts had it on sale, and missed out on the funky colors sirtoys had up a few weeks back. I only have 2 scrappers of the reg sized green & translucent GB KOs, so since I'm not fully invested in them, knowing which colors this OS set will come in will help shape which other sets I'd get or complete... if any.

2. igme

igme Well-Known Member

That would be awesome :) . will have top start keeping an eye on this soon. I am just relying on google translate to look around Taobao for some of these things, but I only saw one posting at the moment. and no estimate price yet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rodann

Rodann Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Me, personally, I'm disappointed they're doing yet another Devastator. Has/Tak and TW already have the larger scales covered. Though I might be getting this, like I did every Warbo Bruticus KO...... I've already started NBK and Jinjiang......

Like many, I'd rather see the Computron rumors be true:/

IMG_2522.JPG

Yeah, as someone also said, there are two companies making 1:1 KOs already. NBK is doing both Green And Yellow versions with extra purple, and Jinjiang is doing a Yelow (orange-ish) one.

Ha!

4. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

Roughly the same size as Toyworld's Devvy? I always liked the Gravity Builder look...

5. Gen jay

Gen jay Well-Known Member

Yeh was tempted by the JJ yellow ko. But JB os version is definitely more tempting :) 

And yes a ko computron would be fantastic. But I’d prefer it’s the version from MT quantron. Gotta love that bow!!

Think TW is 60cm tall though? This would be about 45cm....

6. o1dpain1ess

o1dpain1ess Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Pretty close! TW is just about 20" to the top of the head, and this OS set will be right around 18".

7. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't forget that NBK makes clear green as well.

Hasbro/Takara's Devastator was never properly released in the UK and He's something I've always raised a bit of an eyebrow at in terms of his design - I like some of the limbs but He does look more like a KO than many KO's do which is a concern at £100 + I'd rather buy a Overscale 45cm DOTM Megatron & Optimus for the same sort of money. I tend to play with the Limbs so that means I want them to look nice in the other modes - and something like an NBK offering is perfect to have as one to leave combined.

I was looking on EBay for the originals as I'm still short the two Torso pieces and I noticed some of the limbs are listed as REISSUE - is that a recent thing - does that mean the Torso pieces may get a new batch too ?

It would be nice to have the originals complete to be able to do a full comparison.

Also I noticed something else on Ali express it lists there being a KBB Knock off of the Computron related Mini-Grimlock (they already did a Minii Shockwave & Megatron)

That got me wondering then is there a KBB KO of the clear Megs too ?
    And is Mini-grimmy available pre-assembled or as a kit ?

Did anyone ever buy one - I know this question is only loosely related - but I tend to see those little fellas as compatible accessories for Gravity Builder & Warbotron and WB-Computron so I tend to lump them together in my mind. A cheaper option for the Optimus sure would be nice too - he's an expensive chap. I wonder if the Optimus & Shockwave Mini-fgures will get an overscale too like Grimlock and Megatron did ?

Some sort of Large Deluxe/Voyager or small Ultra Shockwave would be handy to have as there is a bit of a gag for G1 looking ones in the middle sizes that actually turn into a gun.

8. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Oh wow, CW Devastator didn't even get a proper release in the UK? Geez... I mean, that happened here in New Zealand (and the handful of retailers who got him were charging NZ$50 more than UW Devastator after shipping) but I thought at least the UK would get it properly. Man, their distribution is getting worse every day...

Anyway, I agree on playing with the limbs, though the NBK KO is a bit lacklustre in certain areas (including plastic quality). I think Jinbao's Gravity Builder KO might be the "perfect" Devastator in terms of playability and cost. Actually, if I had the money, I'd go for the official yellow Gravity Builder because that's exactly what I want (playability, size etc.), especially as something where I can play with each individual limb - it's just pricier than I can afford, and that's often a difficult pill to swallow for people in general, especially for multiple combiners.

9. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    If it will fit in my Detolf maybe. One of the reasons I chose GB is for that. I'd just buy CW Devy and call it a day.

10. sofos87

sofos87 Well-Known Member

oh god these are wonderfull news! i wanted this deva since i started collecting (yeah im new), i consider it the most beautiful piece out there right now, but i cant seem to find a used one or one at a normal price thank you jin bao

11. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Maybe... But I am pretty sure Gravity Builder was more successful than Constructor... Constructor is simple as hell... he is easier to get KOed...So, Why did the KO companies take the trouble to make a KO of a more complex figure?

12. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    i want an os tw devy and an os fanstoys omega

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gen jay

Gen jay Well-Known Member

Tbh tw constructor is already pretty cheap. Not sure If it’s worth for companies to ko and OS them.

14. HanDy

HanDy You have been deceived

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not that cheap.. the cheaper price i have seen around for the green version (the one i want) is no less than 500€, more or less like Gravity builder.

I expect this KO for at least helf the price.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

As someone who has the regular-sized Warbotron Bruticus and the JinBao over-sized version, I've gotta say JinBao's version is the far-superior product. Consider me very interested in their over-sized Gravity Builder.

• Like Like x 2
  16. NZHC

NZHC Well-Known Member

Coming into this hobby in NZ last year CW Dev was just too higher price even second hand. I'm going 100% in on this after their Bruticus was probably the best value transformed I've brought to date.

17. robh

robh Decepticon

Probably because Warbo likes to sell their molds off? Speculation of course.

Agreed

• Like Like x 1
  18. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    If that is their way to "improve" upon a design, then maybe... but the KO is going to "compete" with Duron Drill, and that is not a good business practice hahaha

I still think that regardless of who is "better" (Constructor or GB) it was probable that Gravity Builder outdid Constructor in the market, thus more attractive for KO companies, but Is just speculation of my part

19. Cincyred

Cincyred Well-Known Member

Unless GT/Warbo is actually affiliated with these KO companies...which I suspect.

20. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully an Overscale Warbotron-Computron is on the cards still.

I'll tell you what does have a surprising lack of KO's DINOBOTS - especially the combining ones. Thiough there is some Overscale FOC ones commng out - which i'm not sure if I want to be in tweaked colours or not.

Having the Constructicons a little bigger would be handy if you are using 10" size leadership Characters in your collection the more "Voyager" sized ones can look a little small.

For example when I put Despotron next to Warbotron - I tend to think Warbotron looks a bit small and it makes me want to buy the bigger one.