KO OS CW Superion

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by deathsheadII, Jul 15, 2017.

1. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Unlikely. Paik put the original CW against these and the size difference is pretty big. You'd end up like an accentuated hellboy if you managed to do it. Also for perspective, these arm limbs kinda fit the OS CW Defensor; combiner port needs a bit of amending

2. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah gotcha.

QUOTE="minstral, post: 15133401, member: 73805"]Unlikely. Paik put the original CW against these and the size difference is pretty big. You'd end up like an accentuated hellboy if you managed to do it. Also for perspective, these arm limbs kinda fit the OS CW Defensor; combiner port needs a bit of amending[/QUOTE]

3. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would love to.shapeways up some bits for these. Like an adapter to allow them to use Wei Jiang hand foot guns.

4. DangerousFat

DangerousFat Well-Known Member

Are we sure this is 17"? How tall are the OS KO CW ones once combined? I really need this to fit with the Warbotron scale. lol

5. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Yes, it does.

6. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think this is interesting that this is being sold on BBTS. I wonder if they know its a KO

• Like Like x 1
  7. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

I've got a UW set x2 - one for Superion and one for bot modes but I'd get a set of these once they're out for bot mode. I like them better than Zeta's and I can always put my 2nd UW set into plane mode for display.

8. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think this proves it is not considered a KO. It is 100℅ original molding, it just uses CW engineering.

• Like Like x 1
  9. razingstorm

razingstorm Well-Known Member

There are few sculpted details on these that are like the CW figures. Fireflight has a face, the only thing they have in common with CW is the Jet modes of the 4 limbs look the same, but huge, they utilize the same transformation of the arms and legs and combination method. The way the jet parts stow is not the same, there are more parts facilitating hiding hands, extra panels to get the backpacks looking nice, and the heads are completely different.

As a poster above me said, lots of the engineering is there, but they really do not evoke the same look.

These were neat figures, when the full set is out I may rebuy them (sold them on--financial trouble), but really Zeta's offering seems more inline with my needs as Superion is my favorite combiner and I want him apart from the others and higher quality.

10. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like how jet modes are all remolded on these 5 to be more accurate to real world jets, not made-up jets that Hasbro uses.

I mean look:

F-15 eagle
    20031657_1521123764617774_3385804776296553181_n.jpg

Made up jet
    Air Raid 01.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  11. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Now that this is $180 I'm very torn between this and Zeta. This Superion will be in scale with my UW Devastator but Zeta's has a more complex engineering that could be worthy of the higher price. Plus there is the chance that Zeta screws everything with a $150 Silverbolt.

12. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

How are they even in the same ball park?!? Zeta is making a MP style Superion, this guy is clearly CHUG. Another thing, Zeta is still more expensive since it is based on an MP aimed design. Aside from being Superion, these two aren't competing with each other at all.

13. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

I know they aren't directly competing with each other, but they are for the Superion spot in my collection. Since they seem to be more similar in price that I initially thought and I already have an half CHUG/half MP collection, I have to decide if the cheaper option is good enough or it's time to buy my first MP combiner.

• Like Like x 6
  14. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I suppose they're competing in the "I'm not picky, I just want a really big Superion" arena?

• Like Like x 1
  15. DangerousFat

DangerousFat Well-Known Member

It's not a perfect representation, but that's definitely either a Tomcat or a Tornado.

16. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno. At first glance I thought these WERE Zeta in person. Zeta does have cleaner looking undercarriage though.

These fit the MP aesthetic perfectly in robot mode, IMO. Big, flat surfaces that lack detail. Super plain, clean, and animation oriented. Exactly what I want from an MP.

17. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, it is a mix of jet parts. Therefore made up. Also, Air Raid was neither of those, so not really him.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Only thing I wish they would change on these is the feet color for Fireflight and Airraid, I think the show had them white.

19. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

I think I'll be using this reworked OS KO for my "MP" Superion/Aerialbots. I'm normally quite picky about my combiners with a strong preference that they be G1 toyetically-influenced, but I just can't find myself getting enthused about this team. I think with some work, this set will be a cost-effective choice that wouldn't look too out of place amongst the rest of my "clearly I'm a Masterpiece" Transformer toys.

So, different strokes for different folks and on a case-by-case basis, too. Choices! :) 

[add] don't mess with my Abominus though. The next 3P that tackles the Terrorcons, make 'em G1 make 'em high-end make 'em good!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic Slightly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really hope this is available in the UK. Man, it's not about is it MP or is it CHUG, it's just a fucking awesome Superion. I feel the exact same way about Open & Play Galvatron.

• Like Like x 2