KO Nemesis Prime and Shadow Commander armor

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jtscribe, Aug 7, 2010.

1. jtscribe

jtscribe Well-Known Member

KOToys has both of these . . . I can get them for $79 shipped, looks like. When comparing $49 for just Nem that's pretty smoking . . . but how good is the quality? Anyone here have any experience with this KOs?

2. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got a KO Shadow Commander set (unknowingly and apparently the person selling it wasn't aware either as it was sealed). The trailer looked and felt solid, but half the pieces didn't fit, the hinges were loose, and I ended up returning it for a refund.

Keep in mind though; KO quality varies. I've heard of some people who've gotten a KO Shadow Commander and been happy with it. Likewise I got the first run KOLD and while everyone else seemed to be having problems, mine transformed/worked just fine.

3. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I have a KO Nemesis Prime and KO Shadow Commander. KO Nemesis Prime is decent for a KO, but I mainly just use it as a skeleton for the armor. I don't transform it into truck mode because I'm pretty sure too many transformations will break it. I don't recommend it.

My KO Shadow Commander, though, is really good. I've never had a non-bootleg Shadow Commander or City Commander, so I don't have a basis for comparison...but the plastic quality and paint is as "good" as some Hasbro stuff. The gun requires the clip to stay in gun mode, some of the joints are pretty loose, and some of the paint is sloppy, but it's no worse than some Hasbro stuff.

The pluses outweigh the negatives for KO Shadow Commander. It still fits onto any version of the Prime mold, it transforms just fine, and it looks just like the FP version unless you carefully analyze it.

You should hesitate to pay too much for (my particular version of) the KO Nemesis Prime, but (my particular version of) KO Shadow Commander is a quality product if you don't pay more than $50 for it.

4. badbadryan

badbadryan Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Do you have the link where to buy it?

5. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have the official nemesis prime, and the powered commander, and city commander, got the ko shadow commander, and it's definitely not worth much, the plastic quality is ok, but paint wise not great, and everything is loose, the arms don't stay on tops or bottoms, the gun doesn't like to stay clipped together, the head falls out if you turn it upside down, and the face slides down inside the helmet for no good reason, and the fists move if you breathe on it wrong, try to find an original city commander, some stores should still have them, or keep your eye open for the official shadow commander

6. jtscribe

jtscribe Well-Known Member

It's at KOToys, they have the KO of Shadow Commander and City Commander.

OK, sounds good. I'll pony up the extra $$$ to get the real thing then.

7. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Kusanagi from the Washington State boards just got one (the armor) from them, and was pretty happy. I am guessing that he will probably chime in with his take for you later tonight or early tomorrow.

I personally would look for a legit Nemesis Prime on the B/S/T thread. They can be had for $40-45 shipped. Some of the KO ones tend to break where the pieces of the cab hang off his arms.

8. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Wow. Next post after that. Well...

I have a legit SDCC Nemmy and the KO Shadow Commander trailer. If you're expecting Hasbro quality out of it, then you're expectations are ridiculous. It's good. Great even. But great for a knock off.

The plastic is slightly more brittle than the legit FansProject trailer (I also own the 1st run City Commander), and some of the hinges are loose. Also, the forearms on mine tend to slide off fairly easily. But given that I don't fiddle with my toys too much, the figure can hold a pose just fine and keep the armor on.

It's good for display. Great for customizing (which is why I bought it).

I wouldn't suggest you have him holding his humong-O cannon though, but I'd tell you the same thing of the legit Commander armor too.

9. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    I have been considering purchasing the KO Nemesis Armor. Maybe I will pick one up at BOTCON next year.

10. Computron34

Computron34 Always Tired

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I have the same set-up as Kusanagi. Legit Nemesis, KO Shadow Commander. The only problem I have with mine is, like he said, one of his forearms doesn't hold on all that well, but it's passable.

11. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its a ko of a ko, so dont expect it to be the same as the real fansproject. im sure theres a few very good ones. but how many more bad non refundable ones are out there.

12. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

City Commander armor is an original product, despite the design and character.

13. Computron34

Computron34 Always Tired

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    yeah, def not a KO of a KO, just a KO of a 3rd Party product.

14. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Not to tangent too much, but I saw KOtoys has a KO of the Magnus armor too (city commander or whatever it's called). Anyone know if the quality of that is decent?

15. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I imagine it isn't very different.

16. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

ko nemy is decent. I have him and so far, so good.