KO MPM Optimus Prime - V1

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Bystander, Nov 2, 2017.

1. vsutherland01

vsutherland01 Member

Yeah I can understand that. For me as long as its close I don't care. Paint apps can make a big difference though. I had a TLK collection going for a bit but sold off everyone but SDCC prime because his paint apps looked too good for the rest and they looked bland and boring next to him. He might go well with my new SS grimlock, the paint app quality seems equal, but back to the topic at hand.

My main question with this LT-02 prime is, once you have him in hand does he look and feel like a toy? Or more like a high dollar 3A statue of the character. I like my plastic voyagers/deluxes with their varying degrees of backpackery and janky plastic because they look like toys on my shelf and not like 3A statues if that makes sense. Is this prime approachable or too fancy for a kid at heart like me? Haha, is he a shelf-queen people will think I dropped 100s of dollars on or will I not be able to stop messing with him or looking at him because he looks like a cool toy?

Sorry if that doesn't make sense but I like toys because I am a kid still and sometimes the super high quality big ones look more like statues and never something I would have had as a kid and that intimidates me. I am on the fence about LT-02 not as much Lt-01 because bee is of course smaller. The potential plus side is that I might love these guys so much I don't need to collect any other versions or lines and I could just solely get into MPM and put the other stuff away and feel happy with these iterations. Has anyone else had that happen?

• Like Like x 6
  2. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Can totally see this. I’ve debated selling my MPMs and going whole hog into studio series before...

• Like Like x 2
  3. T69xRiPx

T69xRiPx ..............

Facebook:

Me personally would all go out to MPM line hehe, and any other 3p comapny that making unofficial mpm lines

• Like Like x 3
  4. vsutherland01

vsutherland01 Member

You both accurately nailed the problem for me haha. I want one main line. On one hand the Studio Series will get through more characters at a faster pace and allow me to own multiple versions of the same characters, and it feels like a line kid me would own, but MPM LT KOs feel more adult, it feels more sensible, it would require more patience to complete over years and it would wind up being less money because it's only a few larger figures. I currently own all of studio series wave 1 still boxed up until I make a decision. Its a struggle between indulging in lower quality higher quantity figures I could swap out on the shelf and make a bunch of different displays out of depending on my mood, or one high quality display of all the 2007 characters in a few years once hasbro finishes releasing them and LT finishes KO-ing them so I can get the LT versions.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Ron Swanson

News Credits:
    I have the first release of LT02 and it feels great. I mean, there are some parts that feel a bit loose, but it feels like a toy. The second release is supposed to correct some issues.

My concern with you getting LT02 is that this isn't like most Transformers in that it transforms mostly fine or whatever. This thing, especially in truck mode, stays in place once all the pieces work together and are locked in place. Until they do, it can be a bit frustrating but not impossible.

The original MPM4 (Hasbro/Takara) had problems keeping itself together in truck mode. The KO corrects it, but it still requires the whole thing to work together properly.

It's difficult to explain. It's easier to see what I mean in hand.

• Like Like x 2
  6. vsutherland01

vsutherland01 Member

Hmmm, I honestly don't transform often. I do it once and then I like to look at the figure and know I can do it and know that it transforms. It's weird but just knowing it transforms is all I need. I like to pose them in robot mode. It's why I like movie 1-3 designs more than the new ones. I liked all the car parts that are visible in robot mode, it reminds me that they transform. I don't spend the time to get really good at transforming, once or twice with the instructions and maybe a youtube video babysitting me are all I need.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Razorquake

Razorquake Well-Known Member

Loving this guy. Looks incredible in robot mode and almost mails truck mode, goddamn if that gas tank placement doesnt ruin him...

• Like Like x 2
  8. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Maverick

News Credits:
    So what you're saying is that studio series Optimus and Bee are just as out of scale with each other as mpm Optimus and Bee are?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Prime135

News Credits:
    No I’m saying that when hasbro releases two sets of figures from two lines both based on accuracy, one of which is explicitly stated to be in scale, and both sets are the same size relatively, they’re in scale.

• Like Like x 4
  10. John TheDestroyer

News Credits:
    Except when the vehicle modes of the two sets of figures from two lines are the only part of the characters that actually have real world physical sizes that dont fluctuate wildly from scene to scene, and the vehicle modes are explicitly out of scale, they're not in scale.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Prime135

News Credits:
    Tell that to Takara Tomy.

12. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Now i want a jetfire wich transforms into a full 120cm long jet.

• Like Like x 3
  13. T69xRiPx

T69xRiPx ..............

Facebook:
    Hahahahahha

Its hard to scale when the cgi isnt accurate to its vehicle's mass

• Like Like x 1
  14. John TheDestroyer

News Credits:
    Yes

• Like Like x 2
  15. Prime135

News Credits:
    You know I like yah man, but come on, don’t make me pull out movie lockdown and starscream, and g1...everything...

This argument is simply illogical. Your options are 1. Trust that the company who owns the characters and CGI models and has stated that the figures are in scale isn’t blatantly lying to you, or 2. Drive yourself insane trying to create consistent vehicle mode scale in anything other than alternators.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    My main problem with the scale it's that the people forget how Movie bots (or more EVERY Tformer) use a mass distribution that it's not replicable in toys.

I think jetfire, starscream and blackout are an example of this.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I found a "clear backed Micro TFs" sticker sheet from ToyHax in a drawer. The smallest size fits perfectly in alt mode once you trim the transparent border.
    I checked ToyHax to see if they have anything smaller for the robot mode and I think their "Ultra Small Mirror Backed for Micro Transformers" sheet might have something that works.

18. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    Got my supposed 2nd batch and the pins promptly fell out where the front fenders attach. Just fell right the hell out. Junk.

19. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

Aww man sorry to hear. Any chance you can post pics?

• Like Like x 2
  20. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Ron Swanson

News Credits:
    Not to rub salt into your wounds, but how is everything else? Smokestacks in bot mode? Do they attach well?