KO MPM Optimus Prime - V1

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Bystander, Nov 2, 2017.

1. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Ron Swanson

News Credits:
    Truck mode is incredible. Everything holds together well. The smokestack bottoms are now slide-on which helps a lot.

It's the smokestacks on the bot mode that irritate me (at least on V1 of V1.)

• Like Like x 5
  2. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So are the v2's out yet?

• Like Like x 1
  3. T69xRiPx

T69xRiPx ..............

Facebook:

Yes

4. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are they any better

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Urge to put in an order at ShowZ is rising. So this 2nd batch is supposed to be better right?

• Like Like x 2
  6. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Mine is sitting at the post office, so excited to get it in hand.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Second time transforming this wave one version. Still no indication that anything will break and the only issue I have is the floppy smokestacks in robot mode.
    Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 8.32.50 AM.png

• Like Like x 10
  8. T69xRiPx

T69xRiPx ..............

Facebook:
    With official legendary toy statement, it should really be, prior to their solution of qc issues

But with the posts here from the 1st batch release, it seems some issues needs some minor solution, cause their 1st batch figures is good and they said, no indication of breaking, just some little nitpicks, but still great

• Like Like x 1
  9. T69xRiPx

T69xRiPx ..............

Facebook:
    Me getting excited too

• Like Like x 1
  10. vsutherland01

vsutherland01 Member

Should I buy from showz or tf-direct?

I am struggling with this. I want to get an LT-01 and Lt-02 but I feel like they will be so good I wont want to keep collecting studio series and I am excited about all the options there. I also am worried about the larger scale of figures on my dresser. Is the scale worth it? Should I just get these guys? Is it a whole new level of accurate and awesome and I won't need my other voyager primes after?

I have enjoyed collecting Prime in voyager scale and I have never owned a leader prime. I just feel like he might be too good for me haha

11. Scypris

Scypris #SlyCooperSwag

News Credits:
    Mine has shipped from showZ, but didnt receive an email notification. Check up on your order if you didnt get the email as well

• Like Like x 2
  12. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    Show.Z.

Your collection choices are up to you, but the two lines (MPM and Studio Series) don't really go well with each other. But you can collect them both and have two shelves or displays or even mix and match.

Studio Series are meant to be in scale with each other. MPM while it is assumed so, there is back and forth between fans that is or isn't.

As far as not "needing" Voyager Primes, if your goal is to get the ultimate version of each figure, then you probably want MPM. But that's debatable.

Of course, you could just get the Black Apple MPM 4 that wouldn't match your scale at all but is shaping up to be an impressive figure and could be considered a nice one-off figure at that size.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ShowZ. TF direct is horrible with communication, and if you get their free shipping it’s SAL and will take months to arrive. Got the modfans MP Megatron upgrade from ShowZ, it was cheaper, included EMS shipping, and has been an all around better experience overall.

• Like Like x 3
  14. T69xRiPx

T69xRiPx ..............

Facebook:

Its your choice, from my experience this will be my first leader class, though he is a masterpiece and ive ordered him right away as i see the news and thread about him, and really gets me

If you really love primes i think its not bad to have many primes, as this figure is so well popular and most of the issues from official have been improved

About the stores, i guess show.z is much better, because someone said having a bad time with tf direct without any good customer support unlike show.z, they are persistent to help you even after the item has been shipped

I hope i helps :) 

• Like Like x 2
  15. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When you consider studio series bee and prime are the same heights comparatively as MPM bee and prime, just on a smaller scale, there really shouldn’t be any debate...

• Like Like x 2
  16. T69xRiPx

T69xRiPx ..............

Facebook:
    Me usually contact them personally via fb, they respond sometimes after a day but if your regulary checking the order, he replies just about an hour or 2, and they give me tracking number so i can monitor my pacakge till it will be delivered

17. vsutherland01

vsutherland01 Member

Thanks guys. I am trying to own the best versions of prime.

I have a KBB MP10V, the SDCC TLK Knight optimus prime, the MB-01 evasion mode and now the studio series. They are all in that voyager scale and they look fantastic. If I get this optimus I have a feeling I will want a Lt-01 wasp to go with him and I know I will have to display them somewhere else, but that collection may grow as more MPMs come out.

He does seem like the ultimate prime and my favorite iteration of movie prime. I will think on this a bit more. I could shift my collection to higher quality less quantity, but part of me likes having all the versions in a similar scale, sometimes I pair those voyagers with deluxe bees. I am a sucker for the cheap deluxe bees.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  18. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    Why not both?

You'll get no argument from me. I'm just covering my bases in case vsutherland doesn't agree.

• Like Like x 3
  19. vsutherland01

vsutherland01 Member

I am not a stickler on scale. I think scale has been pretty good for a while. I just don't want my figures to be too big. That's my fear is that once I go MPM I will want all of them and then need to trim back my other figures and maybe even solely focus on MPM because of how big they are. Something about smaller size helps me justify owning more if that makes sense. I wish I could see this guy in person, trying to gauge if I could own just 1 prime and be satisfied haha.

• Like Like x 4
  20. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    Understandable. Scale goes off the collar sometimes around here. It can get heated, not terribly bad, but it's, you know, crazy. /Walken

• Like Like x 1