KO MPM Optimus Prime - V1 and recolors

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Bystander, Nov 2, 2017.

1. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    I'm fucking gutted.

• Like Like x 1
  2. T69xRiPx

T69xRiPx ..............

Facebook:
    Me too getting it being so anxious now plus our crappy customs, im so excited to get but now i feel so worried if my copy is fail

Thank you @Ryan F , maybe it is just luck to have the good ones, and we're very sorry you got the fail ones

• Like Like x 2
  3. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    I just wanted an MPM4 that transfirms properly in both modes, tabs in well and doesn't fall apart.

For fuck's sake. I've got crappier quality KOs (oversized movie Starscream) that's held out better than this PoS did and SS has fucking soft as fuck plastic.

Apparently my desire is too difficult. I'll wait for Black Apple. Hopefully it won't be too large for me.

"Legendary" Toys is done in my book. Fuck those guys.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The larger, the hard it will be broken.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well damn.

• Like Like x 2
  6. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    Tell that to Starscream.

7. T69xRiPx

T69xRiPx ..............

Facebook:
    This isnt a good news for the 2nd batch they promised

I think ill consider black apples version now hmmm

8. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well, this mold it's officially (and ko-ally) cursed.

• Like Like x 7
  9. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I'll be lying if I said I'm not worried about my copy.

10. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I pray that everything will be fine with my copy......

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    I think the problem with my broken waist joint is that, while HasTak in all likelihood performed some sort of structural engineering calculations to make sure the joint was fit for purpose, the added weight of the LT version proved simply too much for that one swivel.

During transformation, this thing ‘explodes’ so that, in mid-conversion, the figure doubles in length only to compress back down again.

In that floppy ‘mid-state’ you have a jangly, floppy, heavy top half connected to a jangly, floppy, heavy bottom half, and that small waist swivel is the only connection between the top half and the bottom half.

I think if this thing is transformed very carefully, and you’re supporting its weight at all times, you should be okay.

But having it sprawled out in mid-transformation, holding the figure by its top half while the heavy legs dangle from that pencil-thin waist swivel, is probably the point where I went wrong.

It’s one thing to add weight and die-cast to an existing design, but that waist joint was designed with standard HasTak plastic in mind and wasn’t created to bear all that extra heft that LT has added to the figure.

In truck mode and robot mode, once everything is locked into place, there are no problems, because everything is supported. But in mid transformation, trying to transform the legs whilst the torso is flopping around, I’d strongly advise cradling the figure like a newborn!

But, as I say, might just be a case of bad luck on my part - just throwing it out there as something to pay special attention to.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

Thanks for detailing out what may have went wrong, I'm sure that will be helpful for others when they receive and transform. It certainly helped me.

• Like Like x 3
  13. tfwmongrel

tfwmongrel Plastic Crack Addict

Checking in from Colorado, finally got mine in from TF-Direct after paying in full weeks ago - I was not prepared for how heavy he was! But I'm happy to report, I've made it through a transformation cycle and while tight, everything went great! So... what kind of super tiny Autobot labels would work with this guy?

14. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We'll. This is all interesting stuff. Looks like mines going on the Optimus shelf in bot mode and there he shall stay. Not even going to bother transforming him. Not a huge fan of Bayformers stuff anyways and the transformations tend to use so many fiddly little parts and panels.
    He looks nice enough in Bot mode and feels hefty and polished . That will do for me. On to the shelf he goes and not risking a break.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Whoa. That’s bad. I’ve transformed mine a couple times without any issues but I guess that doesn’t omit it from being on the brink of breaking at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  16. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel for the people having issues with their copies of this figure.
    If anything it serves as a reminder that these figures are knockoffs at the end of the day.

I hope you guys can get your figures fixed or replaced.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just got this guy. Honestly he's such a work of art, that I'm probably going to take the MP-36 Megatron approach and basically never transform him. Some transformers are made to be transformed. Some, just due to the nature of the parts and paint, just shouldn't have it done. I think this is one of them. That makes him an articulated statue in a sense, but hey, he can transform if I wanted. ANd he is going to sit in a Detolf anyway.

But visually he is everything the official should have been. The clashing greys, the lack of coloring made zero sense for a 'premium' Hasbro product. It's insane it takes a 3rd party to do it right. And did it right they did.

Breakage issues aside (which is a huge deal), it's mindboggling how gorgeous this figure is. I kind of regretted selling my APS-01 Optimus Prime (though I got $200 for it) after I did. Five seconds with this guy made me forget it even existed. The RotF Leader Mold was and remains revolutionary. But this mold and the paint job done here just surpasses it.

Oh one more thing. ShowZ!

First time I ever ordered form them. An d they killed it. I will be ordering from them again, 100%. Working from the inside out, the LT02 box was inside a form fitting styrofoam clamshell. This in turn, was inside a form fitting cardboard box, which was wrapped in a plastic package. I think it could have been thrown from a moving vehicle and would have been fine.

And frankly, I've had packages from BBTS take longer to get here. I think it took about 12 days to get from China to Boston.

Top notch retailer.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
  18. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    The breakage is really odd on this guy. Curious if it’s the type of plastic used in the molds or maybe they are having issues getting air trapped inside causing weak points that lead to breaks... given that this is pretty much a straight KO I wouldn’t think this would be such an issue since official doesn’t seem to have this problem.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

I thought the entire point of this mold was to not be a straight KO, and fix certain issues with the original.

Anyway, between the breakage on the KO and the continuing hit or miss QC on the original, I'm more than happy to write the whole thing off until someone else does him properly.

-XCN-

• Like Like x 2
  20. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 "Boy, you returned for me" - me when MPMs

News Credits:
    If KO MPM-4 turns out to succ like the official copy, I have my foolproof plan of how to enjoy the figure

1. Grab MPM-3 or MPM-5 and just pretend either one of them is MPM-4. You'll have mountains of fun anyhow to compensate

• Like Like x 3