KO MP-36

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by deathsheadII, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

It’s not silvery, but it has a backplate, really, really good paint, strong ratchets, and a couple bonus accessories. I bought the straight KO first, and IT is worlds better.

• Like Like x 5
  2. 6Speed

6Speed Member

Good to know! Thank you! One question - what do you mean by it's not silvery?

3. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

It’s a flat Grey color. The other versions have a more metallic finish. The flat, took accurate paint on the IT is super strong, and the metallic paint on the other versions can chip.

• Like Like x 2
  4. 6Speed

6Speed Member

awesome thank you! I appreciate it!!

5. Marker

Marker Well-Known Member

I heard the later shipments aren't supposed to come w/ the backplate and extra cannon/kremzeeks.

6. Decepti_Dave

Decepti_Dave Reformatted

The Model 001 MP-36 Megatron LED head (and faces) and the Shadow Fisher Optimus Prime LED head (and LED Matrix) finally came in (bought them from the last Ebay Flash sale)!

The Model 001 Megatron head's metallic color still looks good on my IT-01 even though it's a slightly different color from IT-01's body.

IMG_20180416_134731.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Nah, just the cannon and the Kremzeek which are available as separate products. The back plate is part of the IT remolds and the plastic clamshell that holds it is actually molded for the figure to have the backplate (it's shipped with it attached).

You got the 2nd run. A shame... the second cannon with the English clips is rather nice!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I almost went for the Magten version but played it safe by getting the THF-03. I wanted a more silver look, but I wanted even more a blank chest plate without having to paint or any other mod. And it arrived today! And I am just mind-blown on how much better the THF is to my V1 MP-36. I have two MO-36 Megatrons. One is in box as it is in perfect condition. The other one creaks and squeaks a tiny bit and sits as my display Megatron. Still a very good quality figure, make no mistake. But the joints are tighter on the THF I got, paint is flawless, comes with extra stuff, no creaks or squeaks at all, comes in a slightly more pewter/silver finish (which I prefer), and costs over $100 less!!! Wow, man. Color me impressed. I will always support Takara as much as I can, and I am not a big fan of KO toys. But I have to say, this THF-03 is pretty damn amazing. Worth every penny and then some. If down the road there are still Magten's available, I might spring for that one too.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    The main reason I went with the IT version is it was the version that I seemed to see the most positive reviews about. Plus I liked the fact I got the English version of the arm cannon and the back plate, without having to wait and pay extra for the mod fans upgrade set. Not that the other version are total garbage in comparison, it's just that after reading hundreds of posts and watching reviews about what each version brought to the table and how well they were executed by their respective manufacturers, IT-01 bubbled it's way to the top of my list.

Though I have to admit the one that comes with the toy face and chest plate was really tempting.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It has the best build quality.

• Like Like x 3
  11. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    I concur. He is amazing (better than my official MP36). The only flaw that mine has, which I believe is a common issue, is that one foot has a loose bracket.

This does not affect how he stands, as it is folded up and gravity keeps it in place, but when moving him around, it can flop out. It is a minor annoyance, but not enough to sour this figure.

12. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno, perhaps it is. I don't have one to compare. But I'm extremely impressed with my new arrival, THF-03. Solid all around. It is quite an improvement over my MP-36.

13. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

I reckon if one of the KOs did a silver version it'd sell like hotcakes...

14. TangoThree

TangoThree Well-Known Member

Magten

15. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

Indeed. I just got the Magten. And it's pretty friggen great.
    Nice to hear folks picking up the THF and the IT, and that they're so solid, but me? Only reason I got the KO was because they made a silver. It was the only way to get what I wanted.
    And it's solid, on par with the Takara they say, and looks great, red toy parts and silver. Silver like a Megatron toy is supposed to be. :p 
    And it's a fun mold. I can see why everybody's so crazy about MP -36.

And shout out to the fine members in this thread, who pointed me to ShowZ, with a coupon code, who I never used before but they sent me the Magten in like a week. Cheers, all!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  16. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

Ya know it really hasn't sunk in that I own this thing (IT-01) and it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cheap.

17. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

:O

I guess I was behind the times again. Shiny!

18. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    So, who's worse or the "less good"? Magten, Straight TT KO, THF or IT-01?

19. Scourgatron

Scourgatron Your Don't Care Bear

News Credits:
    The TT KO.

IT
    THF
    MAGTEN
    KO

• Like Like x 2
  20. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Something to consider with the IT is that the face is not a 100% match to the real Takara one. The eyes are shaped slightly different, especially on the neutral frowny face. The diecast hips are also slightly thicc'r than the takara one and it disturbs the curve of the leg.

Buuuuut, if you can only get one, I would go with the IT just because the pro's outweigh the cons. Really the only way you can notice the two con's I listed is if you compare it directly to a real takara one. Plus if you get the light up head it negates the face issue entirely.