KO MP-25 Tracks

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ComputronX, Apr 15, 2016.

1. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Just got my KO tracks from Bababobo. paint is near perfect he hold together better then i was lead to believe and he has plastic tires which i wasnt expecting?

2. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure you mean rubber tires. I got my KO Tracks and KO Road Rage from him. The MP corvette KOs versions are much better than the originals. I can't wait for KO Loud Pedal to drop.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Transform and Roll Out!

No, they are plastic. I can't remember what it is called but it is plastic. Feels like rubber but is harder and doesn't fall apart over time as easy as regular rubber.

I love my KO. My daughter broke my original by mistake, so I got the KO to fix it without having to replace it. That is when I noticed how much better it held together, how you could not tell them apart aside from the tires. So, I liked the KO so much better over Takara's I kept it and just let my daughter have the broken one.

Best Regards,

4. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Glad it worked out. I guess when can agree that it is a rubber-like material. It certainly isn't plastic like what's found on the original. It can ban be removed off the rim.

5. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

no mine really are plastic tires which doesn't bother me just an oddity from what i can tell from the comparisons of the boxes i think he sent me an official one by accident. im just glad he holds together well and has no paint blemishes. i just hope this doesn't inconvenience him hes been a great seller and im picking up the voyage MP prime from him next week.

6. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Who is the seller?

7. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

bababobo i use him for any thing Masterpiece ko and a few 3rd party items.

8. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Somewhat related, I got a KO road rage the other day.

Pretty happy with it except for you fact that one wrist flip out piece was assembled backwards which meant flipping yhe hand out into the proper position was never going to happen. Like would forever be in a limp left hand position .

Bothered me to no end.

Seller offered me $3 compensation. Joke.

As it was a pin joint, I had to google and ended up using a soldering iron to heat up the pin, melt the plastic a little , slip out the pin, reverse the piece and then repeat. Was quite a pain and some of yhe plastic got a bit warped but was able to fix it in the end.

For $30, it's cool. Woulda bothered me if I couldn't fix it. Btw. Doesn't really peg together any better than my official tracks. I've got a misb KO tracks I've been debating about opening up. My official is fine and not are it's worth the double dip just for some rubber tires. . .

9. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Got mine from him too.
    The tire on mine is rubber like this..
    [​IMG]
    Maybe he did slip you an official copy.

In addition to the rubber tires I like how the KO Corvettes have hoods that lay flush with the rest of the front end.
    Takara official on the left. KO on the right.
    [​IMG]

10. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

WP_20140707_002.jpg WP_20140707_003.jpg WP_20140707_003.jpg WP_20140708_001.jpg WP_20140708_003.jpg these are the best pictures i can get at the moment you can see the hollowness of the wheel. the car mode sits pretty flush except where the front window meets the hood. there is a little give in his left shoulder but not enough to bother me. after getting him im pretty excited for picking up ko roadrage next and maybe even the ko black repaint. since this ones original im probably not going to pick up the toysrus exclusive when he finally hits states

11. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    looks like the official mp.... really need to watch out for these chinese sellers slipping in an official mp instead of the ko bloody scammers :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  12. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    It kind of reminds me of a joking phrase I've seen on these threads regarding situations where people prefer KOs over the official versions due to some KOs having better quality as of late. It goes something like" "Dammit, I ordered a KO and they sent me an official version."

But seriously if there are cheaper priced KOs floating around out there with plastic tires and properly flushed hoods, it makes me wonder why the officials weren't built that way. At the end of the day, my recommendation on MP Tracks/MP Corvettes is to avoid the official versions.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was going to order a Tracks soon I didn't much like my Official Road Rage so I was actually hoping the KO was an improvement.

Since everyone is talking tires - is it just KO Tracks and Wheeljack (sometimes) that come with rubber tires in KO form or is it Exhaust KO's too.

I hope they re-do the Lamborghinis too with a fixed chest & paint deco & rubber tires. I'd like that a lot.

14. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    As far as I know only the KOs of the corvettes have rubber tires, flushed hoods, and tighter, non-fiddly parts vs the official. I didn't know the Lancia KOs had rubber tires too. That's good news.

15. koonfasa

koonfasa Well-Known Member

What happened to the rubber-haters, or is that just Hot Toys?

16. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    thats news to me as well

17. SMB73

SMB73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm just waiting for a KO of Loudpedal, so I can repaint and swap the face, then give my official the new head and LP's gun so I can have a toy-accurate MP Tracks.

18. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

I'm gonna haveta get a Loudpedal KO if I want that toy-accurate battle mask face, aren't I?
    Sigh. Seems an awful waste. But I really like the toy head better.

19. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I'll likely be getting the LoudPedal KO. I've been hunting a loose toy accurate gun for Tracks as well. I wish there was a way you could order loose accessories from Takara like you can from FansToys.

20. SMB73

SMB73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It's kind of irritating in this aspect, because some past figures have replacement faces (Iron Hide and Ratchet, Primal), so why they didn't do this for Tracks just clearly tells me Takara just wanted to squeeze as much out of this mold as humanly possible. Now watch, once I get my KO Loudpedal and make this switch, Takara will announce an official toy-accurate Tracks.