KO MP-22 Ultra Magnus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Sep 29, 2017.

1. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Well, personally I have no Gripe with FT. They always diliver what they promise at a just price. Though that said, GigaPower proved that it can be done better and with less cost. If someone can make KOs of their products with less cost (and not pennies, actual savings) then perhaps I might get a Skyfire myself.

What happened to that company that was supposed to KO them?

2. Scourgatron

Scourgatron Your Don't Care Bear

News Credits:
    I want scaled down Dinos. Or someone can upscale the TW guys and remove the combining feature.

• Like Like x 1
  3. pilot00

I always thought that FTs dinos were too big. Then I saw Slag by both companies side by side and....Well if I didnt have an entire cast that keeps my budget tight, Id go Giga. They are massive yes, but they feel as they should next to the rest of the Mp line, so no downscale for me.

I dont want my dinos to combine either (makes 0 sense from a lore perspective and the combination process) and therefore I have no experience regarding TWs.

4. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Why oh why isn't there a butt flap kit after all this time. It takes a whole KO to fix it, really.

• Like Like x 2
  5. pilot00

You will learn to love the butt flap, The butt flap is love, the butt flap is life.

Every Takara figure from here on will have a butt flap and you will love it.

So how do you feel about the butt flap?

• Like Like x 7
  6. Scourgatron

News Credits:
    I'm not getting rid of my MP Grimlock. I'm not also putting boots on him, or buying $150 figures that tower over him.

There's a void that can be filled there.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

I used to agree but as I've added to my collection, my mp08 is just too small next to the other bots. I'm still not willing to buy the $200 ft dinos and gp seems to go for almost as much so that's a no go for me too. If the dinos ever got KO'd for say $120 or so each, I'd snap them up. For now I mostly just put mp08 with Devastator where it's ok if he looks small by comparison and keep him away from any other bots bigger than a carbot. I've been tempted by perfect fusion slag but I'd only get him if they were doing all the others. Otherwise, I just won't have any other Dinobots.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Or Sovereign.

• Like Like x 1
  9. pilot00

You know.....

This pretty much ^ Plus Grinder looks all kinds of Awesome that Takaras doesnt. At this point I believe its what you are commited to. I believe Grimlock (the official) is going down the trash can, when TT decides to copy....Erhm I mean engineer the dinobots from scratch, hence he will be a museum piece. As to FT Vs Giga, for someone like me who has none right now I think Giga is the best choice, someone who started with FT....Ft is the only choice.

10. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Oh I don't know about that. I still like my mp08. I'm actually pretty tempted to get the os ko to begin a larger scale dino collection rather than using FT's. Unfortunately the osko is silver and the other dinos aren't so they wouldn't match.

• Like Like x 1
  11. pilot00

However I might cringe at that, it eventually boils down to taste. so....

12. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Possibly a manchildren...maybe?

News Credits:
    And chrome bumper.

13. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong: I appreciate FT's grimlock. He's got that Fanstoys heft which, while it's not that big a deal to me, is kind of nice. The closed legs are awesome and his wings are proportionally correct as opposed to mp08's overly large wings. For everything else, though, I prefer mp08. He just looks more like grimlock. Fanstoys made his abdomen too narrow for example. And I like mp08's eye gimmick. I know ft can do red or blue eyes as well but mp08 wins that by having the swappable eyes integrated without needing to add and remove parts. Also you don't have to buy an add on dino head to make mp08 look right in dino mode. Seriously, that's just too much to put up with: $200 for grinder and then you have to pay, what, something like $20 for the correct head because for some reason they chose to make his dino head wrong. And people bought them in droves. It's no wonder ft thought they could charge whatever ridiculously high price they'd originally planned for omega before dx9 undercut them (I forgot how much it was but I remember it was stupidly high).

• Like Like x 1
  14. Scourgatron

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Is that his actual gun?

16. Scourgatron

News Credits:
    I hope so

17. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Thats a BFG.
    hope they changed his size .

18. Ryanme1973

Ryanme1973 Well-Known Member

What’s wrong with the Fanstoys Dino’s as they are? Or is this just a I want a nice product for a cheap price comment. Fanstoys products are worth the money they charge, especially compared to competition at the same price point. Now Keith’s products feel free. Fanstoys is making a really good product, and I’d hope they wouldn’t be forced to cut corners and quality because of lost revenue because of KO’s. These small companies who don’t own a factory can’t afford KO’s to happen.

19. evilwithin

evilwithin Dinobot

This happens everyday. Toyworld, Gcreation, Maketoys, DX9 etc. They're small and they get KOed. And people buy these KOs.

With FT it wouldn't be different. But we don't know why some companies are KOed and others don't.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

You hit the nail on the head: what's wrong with Fanstoys Dinos is the price. I'm not saying they're not worth $200: they're amazingly well constructed and are just great all around. A buddy of mine brought his Grimlock into work and let me handle it and I suddenly understood why Fanstoys has such a strong following. Fanstoys in general are really big on build quality and paint and everything: people on this board constantly praise them for being "premium." The Fanstoys Iron Dibots are certainly $200 products.

But I don't want dinos badly enough to pay $200 a piece. Once a figure looks good on the shelf and can be transformed with a reasonable expectation that it won't break, none of the "premium" stuff (that Fanstoys heft) means anything to me. I have two FT figures: Willis and Koot; and they're extremely well built. Definitely the nicest figures in my collection... and then I stick them on the shelf and they look just like everything else. If someone KO'd the dinobots for say $130 a piece or less (so about what PF Cesium retailed for), even if the quality wasn't as good, as long as they're sturdy enough and look good on the shelf, I'd be willing to pay that much for them. Or hell, just have PerfectFusion do all the dinobots: only reason I haven't got their Slag yet is he would be all alone and dinobots (other than Grimlock) aren't worth anything to me unless I can build a complete set. (I believe dalianjj has specifically said there's no intention of doing PF versions of any other dinobot).

Understand, I'm not saying that Fanstoys should charge less, nor am I saying that I am entitled to cheaper dinobots. At present my plan is to simply not have dinobots and that's fine. What I'm saying is I wish there were a viable alternative for Masterpiece dinobots: figures that are $130 or less (I buy toys, not "premium" collectibles) but that still have the Masterpiece scale and aesthetic. I'd love a set of KO Iron Dibots or even an entirely new set that isn't priced so high. With the dinobot market so saturated, I doubt anybody is going to take yet another stab at new dinobot molds so the only way I'd ever get my wish is if the dibots were KO'd. Hence my wish that they'd be KO'd. And I realize that small companies without factories can't afford to be KO'd but I don't think it would hit FT's bottom line as much as you think. It's easy (well, relatively easy) to improve on a Takara product because their build quality and QC aren't that great to begin with, but I'm pretty sure it'd be impossible to make an improved or even equally as good KO of a FT product for cheaper. The KOs will have to cut corners and the kind of people who are willing to pay FT prices aren't going to be willing to accept a lower quality figure. If they did, how would they be able to turn their noses up at everybody while chanting "premium" over and over? So, while it would cut into FT's sales, I doubt it'd be nearly as much as you think.