ko mirage up for preorder (wheeljack to follow)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Bumble Prime, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The $70 Mirage is a joke. You can get a great complete Mirage on eBay for that (or at least you could a few months ago...I dunno if movie hype has affected G1 items yet)

However, $20 for a pair of goofy colored cassettes is pretty sweet. I like the clear ones, and may pick up a few sets if I have money after Botcon :) 

2. Bloodcat

Bloodcat Well-Known Member

At 10 bucks for the tapes I would grab some. At 20? Not so much.
    Perhaps in July at 20% off I MIGHT, but its doubtful.

Why Hasbro/Takara won't do a tapes release set given how insanely popular the things seem to be (made insane given they were about as common as the same pricepointed minicars. THESE WERE THE SHUT YOUR KID UP TOYS.), and not as some 55 dollar Kissplay repaint nonsense.

3. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

we can complain all we want here but we all know that ppl will still order those KOs.

4. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

...and then try to sell them as misb g1's on ebay.

OR, and then take them out of the box, use the fake weapons to complete a real figure, sell the loose fake figure as a mint original, and sell the box on its on, making it much harder to tell what is what, and sell them all on ebay.

5. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

pass esp. given the QC on Swoop.

6. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone have those cassettes already? What's the quality like on them?

I'm tempted by Mirage but again I'll wait to see what the quality is like before I splash out £35 (the same price a Takara BT figure costs to get to the UK).

Steve.

7. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have several of them already. Quality is very good. I've got various cassettes in white, translucent blue, red & orange. $20 a set isn't bad, though there are sellers in Singapore & Honk Kong that sell them loose for a bit cheaper. Depends on if you want them carded or loose.

8. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

When are the all gold cassette one's coming out Spencer? lol/.

9. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Hmm...Mirage is a bit expensive. I don't know if I want to pay that. But those clear tapes I must have. And at 20 bucks, it's not too expensive!

10. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Isn't that the way it's supposed to be? Any authentic, vintage collector's item in good condition SHOULD be fairly difficult to obtain. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be much of a collector's item.

BTW, these KOs really irk me.

11. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Sorry, but you're WRONG.

In the US cartoon, Rumble is Blue, Frenzy is Red.

In the US toyline, US comic, EU toyline, EU comic, JPN toyline, and JPN cartoon it has ALWAYS been Rumble Red, and Frenzy Blue.

That's also including the Marvel & Dreamwave comics.

Alternators Rumble is also Red.

Thank you
    Chris

12. Javi 2 Suave

Javi 2 Suave The King Of Impulse TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well the market will determine the final price. I remember when the Prime knockoff's showed up a few months ago they were asking around $100 on ebay, now they are around $60.

So if people don't spend the money, the price will come down, but I have a feeling a lot of people will shell out the cash, even me.

The one thing they are focusing on, however, is making KO's of rarer/more desired bots that people might be willing to pay more for. Swoop, Mirage, Wheeljack and even a Devastator Giftset are all sought after items. Yes you are buying fake items that are shined up to look just like the original, but to some people it's not hard to look at one of these and pretend it's a nice shinny G1 original. I feel that way when I look at my KO Prime. I would never try to pass it off as an original, but it still makes me feel like I have something that's pretty close to it.

13. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    I have inquired into these ones as well. They are quite expensive for them and I have not committed to them as of yet. I am still considering tho. I believe I have been told these ones were done in far less quantity than the regular cassettes and other KO figures they have done.

As for boxes, I am going to look more into the 'just the box' part of these figures. The Devastator is to come with a large box and a styrofoam insert. I will carry just the box for that one for sure. The problem with boxes is that if they have the gule in insert, just the box is not nearly as cool a display piece as if it had styrofoam. I may be able to get the bubble and everything as well but as mentioned, I fear that there are a lot of unscrupulous people out there ready to glue in vintage figures into a new box and then claim it is original and mint when it can not be inspected.

Spencer.

14. Javi 2 Suave

Javi 2 Suave The King Of Impulse TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think that's a really good itea, if you could get the Dev box for a better price without the figures it would work great as the figures are pretty easy to come by. Same idea as the Soundwave box. The only bad part is that you are right about the unscrupulous ones out there who will try to pass something off as original.

15. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Sorry, I don't mean to sound like an idiot or like an ass(I'm not trying to), but why wouldn't you carry the Devastator with the toys too?

16. agesthreeandup

News Credits:
    Just a question.....do you hate Reprolabels just as much for making stickers that people can put on old crappy figures, making them LOOK like brand new and then attempting to sell them off on eBay? Same goes for Transrepro when they were making hard to get parts for figures that people wanted to complete?

I can't tell people what to do with these when they buy them just as Delta can't tell people what to do with their stickers. They are ment for those who want to enjoy them for what they are.......remakes of figures and boxes of items that are just far too expensive to buy new. Enjoy them for what they are, a replica, not a replacement.

Spencer.

17. agesthreeandup

News Credits:
    No offence, good question. I intend to bring in both, with and without toys. Some people don't want to pay the high price for a KO toy. No harm in that. If they are content with the $10 KO figure then that is their choice. The thing is, the box is going to be very nice. I don't know how many C-10 Devastator giftset boxes there are out there but I don't expect too many of them. I have had a few come through my hands over the years and I will admit, it is a great looking display piece. The huge Devastator image off to the right side with all six of the toys shown on the left. It is just a great looking box. Devastator is not a hard figure to obtain. There are lots of them out there and I think I go through 8 good sets a year at least. If you can put a vintage one in a new box to keep on display and save a few bucks at the same time, then why not do it?

Spencer.

18. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey Spencer, any chance that you could release a KO Diaclone Marlboro Wheeljack with the correct head? I would definitely buy that and I believe that many more would too.

19. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Everyone keeps saying that you can get Mirage for under $100. But I challenge anyone in here to find a C10 MISB Mirage for 1/6 that price. 10 years ago I paid $400 for my case fresh one, now it would be much higher than that. Not everyone can afford to get original boxed toys. And the last loose mirage I bid on that was c9 went for $170. Beat up toy and complete is touching $100 right now.

20. agesthreeandup

News Credits:
    I too would be very happy about that one. I have one of the original Diaclone Marlboro Wheeljacks but am very reluctant to let it out of my hands. I did get some of the repro heads off Transrepro when they were doing them. I believe Reprolabels also does a sticker sheet for that figure as well.

I am unsure of what they plan to do with the Wheeljack mold as it is still a ways off. I know they are planing a few different repaints of the Swoop still so I would also assume they would consider repaints for Mirage and for Wheeljack as well. When they do Sunstreaker I am sure they will do a red one of those as well.

Spencer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.