KO metrotitan up for auction!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Malach Ra, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Is that seller trustworthy? I seem to recall people having issues with him before.

3. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    I would think, he's at %100 with 646 positive feedback. besides that I dont know anything else, and I'm not vouching for him. but given his ebay record, i wouldnt have problem buying from him.

4. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

It's a preorder though. He and other sellers often do preorders, where they do not actually have the product yet.

Oh, and this seller is not a scammer or anything. He does love to make extra $ by charging large shipping charges though ($40 for this!) and doesn't discount much on combined auctions (i.e. two auctions at $40 shipping each, he would charge something like $70 shipping for both). I got a few things from him a while ago and got charged around $35-40 shipping and it cost him $9.50. I messaged him to try to get a partial refund and got the 'that's not how it works' response. He also just tosses the items in a box with some scrap newspaper, free to bounce around.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  5. miasboytoy

miasboytoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    man im not sure if they used a ko or a original metrotitan in the pictures that they used. i quickly compared it with mine and its pretty damn accurate.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    That's a pretty good list of reasons for me to not order from him.

7. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    on second thought MMM, i think this guy is a douche nozzle.

8. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    But didn't you guys know? Knock-offs are BAD!!!

;) 

9. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    For me until and unless Hasbro or Takara/Tomy makes these figures I will continue to buy these.

10. joopsta

joopsta loves Animated

News Credits:
    I ordered 2 Devastator boxes from this guy. The corners were all cracked up, due to insufficient packing. A Dutch form member ordered a KO MISB Mirage and I saw pics of the box. It was less than C4, all cracked up. He think he got a new box from him though. But no more douchebag for me.

11. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Just out of curiosity (I don't have any intention of getting one anyway), but does anyone know if this KO Metrotitan comes with a KO Metrobomb (Skystalker redeco)?

12. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    rumors are that he doesnt include the little orange micro.

13. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Yeah...unfortunately though I find too many large-quantity sellers on ebay really like to use shipping as a major added profit outlet. So I suppose this guy isn't any more a douche nozzle (hehe, don't know if I've heard that one before) than many others out there who purposely overcharge on shipping.

Hehe, if that's directed at me given that I generally don't like the bootleg/imitation kos but have bought off this seller, then yeah I could see that as being amusing.

I'm not so much against the ones that don't imitate any actual tf that has existed, so I do own all the clear cassettes and clear mirage. If it wasn't imitation packaging and if the weapons were chromed in previously unused colours I'd be tons happier though. Also, a friend of mine is into the KOs big time (we have some fun debates) and buys them frequently, and has bought off this seller. I also got (though my friend) a Ratbat from this guy to try to kitbash (to chrome the wings and feet) but regretted that with the ratbat being loose as hell and the black paint chipped.

The main things I am against with them is a) the switcheroo factor of the lookalikeness (i.e. figures and parts), b) the boxes that are made to try to pass as vintage G1, and c) the use of/unaltered trademark stamp. In sum, that they are made specifically in a deceiving and scam-opportunity-generating way, with intentions that they sell more and for higher prices because of this. If they were all clear or unique colours in non 'Transformers' packaging and with no trademark stamps they wouldn't really bother me.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  14. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

lol yes all people who buy these knockoff's will burn in hell!!!!!!

see you guys down there :D , I'll have my sunstreaker and wheeljack with me too

15. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if that guy was actually someone who LIKES knockoffs, pretending to be a crazy person who didn't. There's nothing like a crazy person opposing you to make your own position seem legitimate :) 

16. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Huh, Which guy?

17. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

just bein funny, commenting on the craziness of the other KO threads. Not trying to start anything.........people used to laugh at my jokes ya know..:(  this board is getting very tense

18. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Some guy in one of the KO news threads. He's probably for real, but I mean, he might as well just be a plant. :p 

19. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Oh, I know who you're talking about, and yeah I agree (probably for real but may as well be a plant).

Oh and re: the Metrobomb question, I'm pretty sure it was reported a while ago that the bootleg/ko Metrotitan was going to be a straight up repaint/repackage of the Metroplex bootleg/ko, aka nothing different, aka no Metrobomb.

20. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    I still laugh.