KO Metrotitan - is it red or is it pink? - Huge pictoral review

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 27, 2008.

1. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    So I got in a smaple of this figure today and I thought I would share. First of let me say for certain, it is NOT red, it is indeed very very florsencent pinkish in colour, kind of like a highlighter. I will allow the images to do most of the talking here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First off, the box is more awesomeness than the Metroplex box. I know, I know it looks just like the Metroplex box but it is not the same box. It uses a much heavier cardboard instead of the flimsy stuff the first one was made of. As the cardboard is heavier, it actually fits the inner styrofoam much better this time around as well. It slids in and out just a little tight, making it feel much better pulling it out of the box.

[​IMG]

Upon first inspection you see glare, neon pink in your face. It is hard to miss and it is hard not too look at it. Still, if you can look past that colour, the blue is amazing and very deep and the white is also very well done. What I do like about this figure is the black that is used in the waist and on the back of the legs. It really breaks up the colour nice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All the parts are the same as that came with the KO Metroplex. There is nothing added to this figure even tho the original one came with ramps and an extra figure. The scamper is all molded in the 'red' plastic except for the part that hold the rear wheels. It is done in black and then PAINTED to match the 'red'. It is a good match too. Quite impressive for such a garish colour.

[​IMG]

The head is done in the red with the chrome face. Very nice. The eyes are done in green. I am not sure what the original colours were for the eyes but the green is a nice touch and really looks good.

[​IMG]

You can see in this image that the figure in the front is indeed a red figure. It should give you a comparison of the differences in colour.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Comes with a huge sticker sheet and a huge Metroplex instruction guide. The guide is not altered at all from the Metroplex guide and all the numbers match the correct stickers on the Metrotitan sticker sheet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I found that once I applied the stickers to it, I was much happer with the look of the figure. Thing is, I was very much of the same mind with the Metroplex figure as well. The stickers broke up a lot of the stale colour of the figure and made it much more exciting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There are some definate imporvements on this figure from the Metroplex, more than just the box. The head is on the strongest spring I have ever seen. When it pops up, you know it. I was very pleased with that. The shoulder with the helipad stayed in place much better than the Metroplex I opened and so you can pose the arm better without having to wory about the gap where the pad would flip out. The front of the legs lock into place better. I found that my plex would just flop open if I lifed him up but titan stays good and shut when I lift him. Scamper fits into the ramp bay much better this time around as well.

Overall impression: I am very pleased with this figure overall. I can get by the pink and am told that all future releases of this figure will have a much better red to it! (I am sending some Metrotitan fists so that the colour can be compared much better next time) The box is great and feels very good and I would not be ashamed to display it with other figures. Overall 9 out of 10, even with the bad colour!

Spencer

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Hell, I like how that pink looks lol. It's nowhere near being accurate to the real thing, but it gives the colors a certain kick that really makes it pop.

I think I might get this anyway and then the proper-colors Metrotitan when that comes out.

3. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Thanks for this. I know it's a question many of had, and I don't mind it being a bit different from the original at all. I think I'm sold on Metrotitan.

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    hey whats that valkyrie toy?

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Whoa. G2 toy. :) 

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Doesn't look awful bad in pink but it doesn't scream "Destron!" either. I'm happy to have the original from way back when, but I wouldn't mind owning this this if I didn't have the original.

7. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

No photos of the vehicle mode?

8. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Meh....I always thought that toy looked like a KO, which in this case, it's really true...LOL

9. DeeJay

DeeJay Bluestreak Brony

News Credits:
    That's. Friggin. Slick.

He'll be in stock when?

10. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Wow, that's definitely some intense coloration. And yet, somehow it seems to work with the blue, at least in fortress mode.

Oh.. and
    ... there's almost no way not to take that the wrong way :p 

11. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they had packaged him in a reproduction of Metrotitan's box then maybe...but w/ the pink and the Metroplex box, it's just too much to spend right now. I usually don't regret selling TFs, but selling my vintage MIB Metrotitan still haunts me...

12. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Awful, awful, awful....did I mention how awful this looks? At least it will be easy to tell the real deal from this craptastic piece of plastic.

13. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
  14. angeltread

angeltread TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i have no problem admitting i was wrong. i thought for sure the red looked the same as original titans under direct lighting. so be it. i'd still like to see it side by side with an original to see just how different it is for myself. if it's really that bad, then pass. quite disappointing.

15. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    QFT! I'm glad it turned out this way so that I'll have an excuse NOT to buy this. :D 

16. Big Filipino

Big Filipino John 3:16-17 says it all

News Credits:
    I think this looks terrible. The color scheme is horrendous. This toy really does live up to the "Knock Off" label.

17. alien

alien Command

...?

18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow... that pink looks really garish... guess I'll hunt down an original... anyone know the going price on an original if you can find one on eBay?

19. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Blah, that looks horrible. I mean some of it makes sense but ew.

20. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Oh man, I want a pink one before they change it back to red. :D