KO Metroplex

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by iron maniac, Jan 12, 2008.

1. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    KO Metroplex PICS ADDED!!

I didn't see a feedback thread about the KO Metroplex anywhere, apologies if there is one already.

Got my KO METROPLEX in the mail today, here's a quick review:

Let me first say that I went into this with very low expectations. My friend overseas again got a better deal on 2 KO Metroplexs rather than 1 so like Wheelie & Cyclonus I got another fairly good deal here thanks to him.

First the stats:
    Box: 5 out of 10
    Like others have said elsewhere the box kinda sucks. If this is a deal-breaker for you, don't bother with this KO.

Inside Packaging: 9 out of 10
    Sturdy Styrofoam, It came all the way from Hong Kong and was not damaged at all.

Instructions, Tech-spec reader, & Stickers: 8 out of 10
    All looked very professional. I had originally intended to buy Reprolabels for it but now I really don't think I need to.

Scamper, Sixgun, & Slammer: 9.75 out of 10
    Absolutely excellent quality! Thick great plastic. This company uses some damn good plastic here all the way around. I was shocked!

Metroplex: 9.5 out of 10
    Wow, is all I can say. Metro gets a .5 drop for the one real flaw he has IMO: the silver stickers on his upper legs, I don't like them at all.
    Besides that, tight ratcheting joints, very thick high quality plastic(almost g1 plastic reminiscent), things snap directly into place. I have never seen a KO with quality like this, I am still so shocked. I am pleasantly surprised.
    Mine is all one color BTW, I know there have been ones showing up with 2-tone arms. lol

In retrospect:
    My advice to anyone that is thinking of buying this is KO Metroplex(or Metrotitan when it comes out) is this: these are real nice BUT DON'T OVERPAY for one. Keep in mind I got mine for a very good price. I think the prices on these will drop eventually so be patient if you absolutely need one.

2. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I might get him for my Birthday, should I?

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    yours is all one color? where'd you get it from?

I want Metroplex badly, and if I can get one that's not two-tone, I'll go for that.

4. iron maniac

News Credits:
    Like I said before, I have a friend overseas that I went to high-school with that buys this stuff. He usually gets a much better deal if he buys more than one unit. So if he buys one of anything he usually asks me if I want one too. That was how I got my Cyclonus & Wheelie as well.
    He buys the stuff in down-town Hong Kong from what he tells me. Thats really all I know unfortunately.

We ended up getting ours for about $49(+ shipping for me of course) a piece this way. Not a bad deal at all for this KO.

5. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thats amazing, i can get it for about 40 quid

6. iron maniac

News Credits:
    I'm going to try and get some pics up soon, I just finished putting stickers on and man does 'Plex ever look great!

I added a silver autobot symbol to Sixgun, he looks like he needed it. LOL

I can't get over how nice this KO is. Seriously.

7. iron maniac

News Credits:
    Some quick pics. The little guys photographed real well. Sixgun & Metroplex, I could not get a decent picture out of.

Slammer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Scamper:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sixgun, the best pic I could get of him. You can't see it but there is a nice silver Autobot symbol on Sixguns chest, the flash drowned it out:
    [​IMG]

Metroplex, the colors look like crap in this picture here and it came out way too dark so it doesn't do him any justice:
    [​IMG]

I'm going to take some better pics in better light later, these don't do this guy any justice unfortunately.

8. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They fixed the two tone arms eh? If I get one I'll have the seller open it to make sure the arms are fixed.

9. iron maniac

News Credits:
    Yeah the colors on mine are great. No "2-tone" colors anywhere on the white or grey parts.

Great all the way around. Best KO I have ever owned.

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    boy your pictures sure are red-tinted.

11. iron maniac

News Credits:
    Sorry about that, cheap camera. I snapped these all in about 5 minutes time. I'm sure the green towel I put down didn't help much either. :banghead: 

12. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

That is way lower than anyone else can get him for. Would you review it differently if it was $90-$100 plus shipping like for everyone else? (I bet many people will be paying over $100 for Metrotitan...I'd somewhat reluctantly (though excitedly) get a MT if it was only $40 but no way am I paying through the roof for a ko just because the original it's a copy of is rare and valuable).

13. iron maniac

News Credits:
    Well yeah, I don't think the Metroplex KO is worth $100. If it was the real-deal maybe but don't overpay for this one, its bound to come down in price IMO.

Well worth what I paid but not worth $100+. I can't emphasize enough how nice and high quality this KO is BUT it is still a KO, remember.

If Metrotitan is the same quality, I'm going to get one if I can, the same way. No doubt about that one.

14. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

hehe, yeah well your method of obtaining TFs certainly does rock :rock 

The thing with cheaper prices (on ko Metroplex) is that online all the better prices will be for the first run with the off-colours (sellers trying to clear them out) and the non-colour-screwed ones like the one you got will remain at the high price point (for now anyways).

15. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

MEH, I paste the same answer that I wrote for the Sixshot KO:

Why not buy the original instead of this??

16. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'll give you several answers here and several others in the Sixshot thread.

1. Some people like being the FIRST outside the factory to touch their toys. Others just want one new.
    2. Cheaper.
    3. You get the box and everything for the price of a loose original
    4. Some people only want to own one just to own one, and cheaper usually equals better in thos situations. So long as it looks the same, it can do whatever it wants as a display piece.

17. iron maniac

News Credits:
    ....and I paste the same answer I wrote earlier in this thread:

[​IMG] I only paid $49 for this KO.

If you can find me a complete minty original Metroplex for $49, PLEASE let me know. I'll surely buy one.