KO Kabaya model kits

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by protostar8, Jan 19, 2006.

1. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've seen some of these recently on Ebay and they sell for $1-$10+ and I was wondering if these things are worth the money or are they too fragile to handle? I like them b/c they are like the WST line but in model kit form and look good too. Anyone actually have some of these?

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Hav'nt seen them. Kabayas are pretty cool , just a little hollow and not very poseable.

Which ones did you find? Got any links?
    Guessing they're all Transformer related.

3. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's links to the searches I used to find them. Not many right now, but the guy I'm talking with has 33 different models/model sets. He just wants way too much for them off ebay.
    http://search.ebay.com/transformers-kabaya_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

and

http://search-desc.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&fstype=1&from=R10&satitle=transformers+kabaya&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&fts=2&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=30228&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=

I was gonna buy about 23 of them from one of the sellers, but he wants $550 for the models and $50 for the shipping. Thats over $20 a kit. I don't like them nearly that much! I could probably buy the few original G1's I'm missing for that much (note that I have a lot of the G1's already that the kits are based on). I figured they'd have about as much poseability as the originals. I've been watching these on ebay for a month or so and most haven't sold for more than $8-9 tops, there are some exceptions though.

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm currently waiting on one of these I won on e-bay, the Liokaiser one. I'll let you know how it is.

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'd like to have them all. Too bad those auctions close before I'll get my income tax refund...

6. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got the Rodimus Prime kit (surprise surprise :p ) but I haven't finished building it. I need to get some glue for the arm pegs, otherwise they'll fall out when I tf him. It seems ok so far, but there is a bit of flash on some of the parts. And it's going to need a coat of paint.

7. JPrime

JPrime Michael Bay Assassin

Im waiting to the little "hype" for these die down. I mean, I'll pay the money for some KOs, but the few people have been asking for on EBAY for these, is ridiculous IMO. :rolleyes: