KO impact on encore line

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Grandum, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Right...so Encore is revived and kick it off they release devastator, arguebly the most KO'd transformers product.

How great an impact do you think this will have on their sales figures? Will the effects be great enough to make Takara come to the wrong conclusions for combiners, or possibly the encore line?

2. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

How easily available are KOs? They are rarely seen in shops in the UK,i don't know what the situation is elsewhere. Surely bigger retailers will only get their stock from renowned sources, so imho,i can't see sales being harmed at all. At least, that's what I hope. The prices of KOs these days isn't too far off the genuine items.

3. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Impact on sales figures? None. Why would there be? Anyone who tells themselves "no, I'll just go buy the knock off" is fooling themselves.

I actually think a lot of people have been using KO Devs in their collections as a stand-in, and are absolutely going to jump at this Encore release.

4. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

Some of us avoided the KOs like the plague. *raises hand*

5. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Encore Devestator will still sell well just because it's official, and therefore quality is guaranteed.

6. AMG

AMG Old School

No negative impact will be felt. The Encore line is a collectors line, and any serious collector isn't going to accept some KO Devastator as "good enough" for his collection. The average collector will be fine with a KO, but not the market Encore is targeting.

7. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Me too. Overall, I pretty much agree what others had said, will not affect the sale. I will definitely be getting Encore Devastator.

Personally, I will never buy KO TFs that are a misleading to both the consumers and collectors e.g. HQ G1 Reissue. In the long run, someone will get hurt and end up paying huge price thinking it's the authentic one. I support KO TF like those $10/20 G1 giftsets on card which you can easily tell by their color and card. Heck, even Igear, I didn't have any issue with them because their figures are smaller version of the real Masterpiece. They're not misleading anyone.

8. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Well, I'm "serious" in how picky I am in what pieces I get, but as far as numbers I'm definitely below average among this crowd. As such I had no interest in a KO of one of my favorite childhood toys but will be all over this encore release like a crackhead on rocks.

9. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

The KO companies are making millions, otherwise it wouldnt be worth it. Has/Tak is either affiliated with the companies or doesnt have the power to stop them.

10. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    How do you figure?

The funny thing is I have 3 KO items. They all have better QA then my official Hasbro stuff.

11. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Although I can't agree with the wording, I agree with the sentiment. I've had just as much trouble with QC on official releases recently, however KO's are just place holders for the real thing. Via Encore, as soon as they release something I don't have I'll be all over it, Sky Lynx and Blue-Guardian Omega Supreme were nice additions.

12. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

not really. my jazz is crap. His torso doesn't sit straight because the black piece in his torso wasn't molded properly. I can't stick the weapon pack in his back either because of this, it doesn't fit.

13. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Yup, KO's are not going to affect the actual reissue - because people will want an official product. I've wanted a Devastator for years but refused to buy a KO. I'm glad I did so, as now there is a nice new reissue coming out.

Randy

14. IceWilly

IceWilly Technobot

Too bad encore Bruticus wasn't very good in the pristine molding department. That's why I passed on it (and because I have a G2 version) My yellow G1/D2 devy is good enough when pair with my upcoming custom. Either way its a great deal for those that don't have one, hope it turns out well.

15. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Yeah, but that's a bit different. How many official releases of the Bruticus molds have there been? And then how many official Devastators?

I don't think Devastator is nearly going to be as bad as Bruticus. The Constructicon molds didn't have to go through Car Robots/RiD and Universe '03.

16. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    For all we know TakaraTomy may have had to restore the Devastator mold. Which seems likely to be given how long it's taken to be released (despite it's enormous popularity).

Randy

17. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I think Devastator is one of the most KOed toys period.

and I think its likely did do some restoration to the molds given the rumors of it being damaged or lost.

I am just glad we are getting this.

18. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah considering the fact or rumor that it was going to reissue last year, I hope there's no QC issue like Bruticus. I already preordered and paid, so I'm crossing my fingers, ehhee.

19. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    It should be more like "Encore impact on KOs" than the other way around. People will be gifting those KO Devastators off to their casual friends or otherwise dumping them off once they replace it with the Encore.

20. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    unless some asshat company goes and fakes the boxes like they did with the end of the releasing of encore metroplex....

that was a nice clusterfuck for those who got burned thinking they got a genuine takara/tomy reissue.