KO High quality Menasor giftset reissue

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Deceptigtar, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hello and here is a pictorial review of the newly released, high quality KO Menasor giftset. I know KO and high quality in the same sentence is odd but its the best quality next to the real deal, or even maybe the same.

First I will show the box and compare it to that of the real boxset to help identify the real deal from the KO. I found some pics from board member Billylove79 so I hope he does not mind.

Then I will show the figures themselves, since I do not own a real G1 Menasor all I have are pics from seibertron.com and tfu.info to go off of as far as anything different. I have not been able to pick anything out as of yet so if someone does know of anything please post in the thread and I can update this post.

The box:
    The KO box feels really nice and fits around the Styrofoam insert perfectly. Again it may be a little thinner than the real thing but I do not have one to go off of.

Original:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KO:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the differences:
    First the purple color might be a difference.

On the front of the box, notice where the box art for Menasors gun tip ends, its leaves exactly 2 squares to the left, where the orignal leave about one and a half.

Also, notice the distance of Menasor on the edge of the box. On the orignal you see more of his sword tip and Breakdown, where the KO is over more to where the sword tip is less visible.

Also look at where Breakdowns name tag is placed. On the real version it has 2 square spaces up from the window and the KO version has 1 square space.

Also look at Motormasters name tag placement. The real version has it placed closer to the window and the KO versions has it next to the box art head.

Another spot is the distance of squares from the bottom of Menasors box art feet to the edge of the yellow background sphere. Also the yellow sphere has more of a fad compared to the more clean sphere of the KO.

Now to the back of the box.
    Notice the difference in length showing in Shockwave flying in. The original has his feet at the edge where the KO show more of the blast from his feet.

Also notice where it says more than meets the eye on the left. The real version has the "swoop" from one of the dinobots right by the T in the, where the KO version has the "swoop" going into the word eye.

On the left of the image as well, the real version has the left light sparks almost to the edge and one being cut off where the KO version is over more to the right.

The alignment of the transformation is off from the real to the KO as well.

Basically the backing image is shifted down and to the right. Sort of.

Real
    [​IMG]
    KO
    [​IMG]

Real
    [​IMG]
    KO
    [​IMG]

Now on to the figures:
    The heat responsive CON stickers had to be applied by hand and not factory applied. Also the sticker sheets for this resissue came off perfectly where some reissue KO's tore more like paper.
    Motormaster
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dead End
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dragstrip
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wildrider
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Breakdown
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Menasor
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Over all thoughts:
    For the price and quality it cant be beat. I am not much of a G1 fan and it is nice to be able to get some of these figures again without shelling out a couple hundred bucks. So this is a nice, cheaper alternative. I did find it a big tricky to get the arms in but with a little push the popped in. He also seems a little top heavy once you get him combined, not sure if that ran with original as well.

But still over all a nice alternative.

2. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Looks really nice. Where did you get it from?

3. Master Zarak

Master Zarak Emperor of Destruction

Ebay:
    I have this KO set and the quality is top notch, or at least I thought so until Wildrider's head/post assembly broke off near the swivel joint when I was trying to combine him with Motormaster's leg. Anybody have a junked Wildrider I can borrow for parts?

4. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Well-Known Member

Also wondering where this can be purchased as I'd rather keep my G1 set safe in a box.

5. Tarphedon

Tarphedon Strategist

Ebay:
    Twitter:
  6. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

Has anyone bought the other KO combiners? How are they? I have only bought the newer KO Devastator and it was pretty good.

7. Tarphedon

Tarphedon Strategist

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I bought them all except Devastator because the Takara Encore was out at the time, and there is no Bruticus (yet?), and my Computron is a very old KO not the new one.

They are fairly good but not perfect. Sometimes they are loose and the legs slide in when standing as individual figures. Sometimes they are tight, such as Rippersnapper shark head is very hard to close over the robot head.

They did include all the accessories, guns, and ramps despite some earlier reviews claiming some parts were missing.

8. fendetto

fendetto Well-Known Member

wow nice even its K.O