KO Henkei Sunstorm in-hand photos and thoughts

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Sizzle, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I bought CHMS Skywarp and Sunstorm today. Here's some close-up shots so you can judge how much the details are faded.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

My experience: Skywarp's got bobble-hips. Whenever you move him, his hip joints wobble all around... but they also balance fine when he's placed on a surface, so they're loose but it doesnt affect how he displays. The rest of his joints are mostly good, with the launchers holding in his arms just fine. I wouldn't say his joints are perfect, but neither are several of my Hasbro releases, and his are better than some of them. The mold's larger details are still good, he looks great in jet mode.

Sunstorm has tighter joints than Skywarp, for the most part. But his torso doesn't peg together well; I'd heard other people post pictures/videos of his back sticking out, and yeah, mine has that. But it's not -too- bad. I'd also heard he has loose wrists; his wrists are looser than Skywarp's, but not overly floppy. His nosecone doesnt sit flush with his back in bot mode, Skywarp's and my official ones do. Other than that, he's very good.

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I love these guys. I have the two "Sunstorms", Air Warrior, the Rainmakers and the Chromed ones. Aside from the murky mouths, sloppy paint and the really tight wrist swivels there's no QC issues to speak of. Ill buy any of these they want to release. I hope a Black Stascam and G2 Starsceam are in the works! And if the AM Thundercracker rumor for Botcon doesnt pan out it would be a crime for them not to do that one too ;)