KO Henkei Mirage?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by igniz1984, Feb 13, 2012.

1. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just saw him listed at a certain shop, and bought it for 28 + shipping. I know there where releases for fracture, dragstrip, botcon mirage, and clear liger mirage, but not for the henkei version. Well it looks like CHMS finally did the henkei version. Since the real henkei is easily 100 bucks, this was a great alternative. Those looking for an authentic, you may want to do some research first, since The packaging looks just like the real thing. Hoping the QC is decent, never owned any versions of this ko mold.

2. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    didn't the mirage/dragstrip KO's have no waist/crotch flap? That was a deal breaker for me when considering the KO vs real deal cost

3. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no idea, I have never owned any ko versions of the mirage mold so I can't comment. I have heard the botcon version was the most fragile and prone to breakage due to the clear plastics.

4. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

That's good news. It makes these figures accessible for new collectors who can't pay $100 for every figure, and it's spare parts for people who already have Mirage. Screw those who only collect TFs to sell them later to REAL fans at inflated prices.

I just wish CHMS would have been a little more creative and upsized their KO seekers to voyager before releasing them.

5. cheapdate

cheapdate Banned

:lol 

6. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've seen a lot of Universe Acid Storm showing up among CHMS toys, I think they KOed him too.

7. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Also I'm wondering about classics Dirge (not the Japanese one).

I'm hopeful that this KO might lead to an all clear transparent Mirage or a blue version of the Electro Disruptor Liger, it would also be great to have a Henkei Red Mirage especially as Red is a colour that goes with that name due to the Movie comics and the Cyberverse toy.

I was wondering did the Diaclone Red Mirage ever get any sort of agreed upon Transformer name ?

8. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Do you mean the clear blue botcon mirage? If so it's been ko'd, I don't think chms was the ones who ko'd mirage. I remember talking with crazy kotoys mike and he said someone elese knocked him off.

9. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    Yes, i threw away those ko clear mirage and ko clear blue mirage because they were fragile and broke easily at the waist. There were done and gone

10. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Yea my blue mirage came smashed to bits also, was not worth the $10 or whatever it cost me

11. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where would one find this KO Henkei Mirage?

Edit: Nvm, I saw it as upcoming on Chimungmung

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  12. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm done buying KO's the last two I purchase turned out to be absolute junk. I'll just save up and buy the real things now.

13. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While there are a couple floppy joints on my KO Clear Heneki and Botcon Mirage, they have not broken.

14. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:

Just to clarify I mean I'd like a toy very much Takara style Electro Distruptor Liger where they clear grey plastic was instead made of clear blue plastic and the transparent untinted parts and other paint and chrome stay the same. (I've seen some customs using some parts swaps between the fakes and it looks really good) but I feel it would look even better if the blue shade uses was paler than the Botcon one.

Yes I know about the KO Botcon Mirage I nearly bought one - but just as I was about to someone offered me the original at a really good price so I had no need to purchase any of the fakes in the end.

Were the original Fake Mirages not made by CHMS though but the same factory who made the faux Classics Voyager Optimus mould.

15. joshua

joshua Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just bought this along with some other stuff from Tony over the weekend. Hope it's decent!

16. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

:lol 

17. John ofthe Dead

John ofthe Dead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Any chance of a red Mirage, like the old Diaclone? That's what I'd like to see CHMS and other KOers focus on: variants that Hasbro is unlikely to do. I bought all the Rainmakers, Sunstorm, the Air Warrior, ghost Starscream, and they're all pretty sweet. More variants, please!

18. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Any links? I'd like to see that. Failed to find anything in the radicon section with the couple searches I did.

19. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

hmm i don't see it

20. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

The Henkei KO pops up on eBay if you look around.

I forget where I got mine from, I snagged it just because I wanted a copy of the Mirage mold that wasn't nervous to fool around with all the time. (The legit versions I use in my collection would cost a ridiculous amount of money to replace.) The QC is pretty dismal; as looks go the chrome looks fine, but the paint apps are sloppy, some of the white plastic has yellowed in time.

I'm pretty sure I remember someone here buying both the Botcon and ED KO's and bashing them together to make exactly as you describe.