KO Henkei Mirage VS. Real Henkei Mirage

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UMC, May 2, 2012.

1. UMC

UMC Huh?

News Credits:
    any comparison? or how can you tell if it fake?

[​IMG]

2. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kind of hard to tell in package, you have to a good clear picture of the figure from up close. The easiest way to tell is to look at where the legs peg together for alt mode, there will be some ridges or molding defects in all of the official releases of the mold (fracture, dragstripe, mirage) and KO will be even along the lines. Here is a good thread with a lot of comparison pics:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/344841-warning-ko-tftm-fracture-loose.html

3. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Maybe the lighting is VERY strong, but the painted blue and molded blue are a much closer match on both my Henkei Mirage's......

...so i suspect it's not real?

4. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind a KO if its priced right, are there still stores selling KOs online somewhere now that kotoys is closed?

5. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

Trust me, you would mind. The quality of the KO Mirage figures is ATROCIOUS. It's common to find them yellowing or broken in the package.

6. zy80

zy80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just to offer my own experience: heard about the bad quality of KO Henkei Mirages, but decided to take a gamble and get one myself. Fortunately mine didn't have any immediate game over issues e.g. broken, but there were issues such as

- the head is of course extremely floppy (fixable using superglue)
    - the upper arm pin joints were loose (but fixable using superglue),
    - his gun couldn't fit into his hand because of the chrome (i guess).
    - his waist was a little loose (again fixed using superglue)
    - The paint job on his translucent parts is not that fantastic (not a painter, so left it as it is)

[​IMG]

7. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

Are there KOs of the Hasb version out there as well?

8. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

I don't recall a Hasbro deco, even though I know they did KO every redeco of the mold otherwise...even the two exclusives.

9. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I unknowingly bought a KO Henkei Mirage and didn't find out about it until months later (still MISB). I snapped a foot off when I finally took him out of the package, in addition to dealing with floppy arm and leg joints along with an extremely loose waist joint (to the point where the figure would fall apart in two separate halves). Not a total loss since I harvested spare parts from him (notably the chrome gun, waist piece, and front wheels) for other figures. I got a real Henkei Mirage thereafter to replace him and there is no comparison; the real deal has nice tight joints and is a very solid figure overall.

I believe while in package, there is a way to discern whether or not it's a KO. The placement of the bio card should be a dead giveaway (not sure which side of the package the real deal should be, but reading up on it should reveal it).