KO Henkei Ghost Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by Optibotimus, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  2. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    Those boxes are scaring me :eek: !

3. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Optibotimus, I suggest you link this video in the KO Henkei thread in the Toys Discussion subforum.

After watching you video I'm stoked for my KO Henkei Thundercracker. The one in your video is almost the same as my Universe Starscream and classics Skywarp.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Good grief. The packaging really does look just like my originals. Yikes.
    Thanks for the review man.
    Oh, I mentioned it on your YouTube review, but I'll mention it here too; the originals do have full colour cardbacks (Thundercracker & Skywarp anyway; I don't have the clear Starscream so I can't check for you).

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm going to post this in both threads because it seems like everyone is exaggerating the QC problems of the Henkei seekers. I'm going to highlight the issues optibotimus mentioned in his review AND talk about the actual henkei problems.

Here is a group shot

[​IMG]

Problem 1- Robot Chest not closing. Ask you can see from my photos, the REAL seekers don't have that problem

[​IMG]

Problem 2: Missile Launchers not staying in place

First up, Henkei Ghost Starscream. Now the mold was fixed for this release says the rumor around its release date(check his original thread for details). As you can see, shaking and holding the launcher does not separate them from the shoulder. The Launcher is very TIGHT
    [​IMG]

Skywarp- Not as tight and holding it by the launcher does not work. However, it isn't loose so shaking or holding upside down has no effect

[​IMG]

Thundercracker- My TC is modified with nail polish but originally, you couldn't position him like this without the launcher falling out

[​IMG]

Problem 3: Loose fists/shoulder pins. Not here, VERY TIGHT, you have to apply some force to get them moving.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Boxes:

[​IMG]

Group shot
    Ghost SS is on the far left, SW is center, and TC is on the right
    [​IMG]

Back of the box, same order (from left to right, SS, SW, TC)
    [​IMG]

Collector cards
    Skywarp
    [​IMG]

Ghost SS
    [​IMG]

Thundercracker If you notice, this is where the instructions will be placed if the item is authentic. I'm not sure where the KO's place instructions but the Takara Tomy version places them underneath the bubble cardboard
    [​IMG]

Bottom of the box

Skywarp
    [​IMG]

Thundercracker
    [​IMG]

Ghost SS
    [​IMG]

Problem 4 Missiles!
    As you can see in the video, they don't shoot very far. The authentic versions shoot clear across my kitchen island lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Skywarp
    [​IMG]

Thundercracker
    [​IMG]

Ghost SS doesn't go far, landed on the edge of the island.

Henkei Problems:

Thrust: None
    Skywarp: Legs are kinda loose, not that bad
    Dirge: None
    Starscream: None
    Ghost SS: None
    Ramjet: None
    Thundercracker: Loose legs, wings, missile launchers... a nail polish fix.

Hope that helps and yes, I do own all of them
    [​IMG]

So when in doubt, ask for photos!

6. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    all i will say is for the price they are not bad, i mean come on.

anyone that buys a KO, and I am speaking about anyone here, that complains about quality, is kind of silly.

KO's do not go through QC tests, they dont care! they are not a major toy company that has rules and regulations to go through. well prob sort of but the bare minimum.

KO's are a gamble. lesson learned sometimes. to each their own.

7. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^^^^^
    Very true, I brought all my seekers before mark up (In fact, Skywarp was only 40 bucks last year:lol ). I'm more concerned about people passing these as authentic TT products because the number of auctions for TC,SW, and Ghost SS has got up tremendously in recent days since everyone is getting their KO toys orders in.

Not cool that the scammers are already hard at work ripping people off. I'm hoping my post can help someone who is confused about the authenticity of a seeker make the correct choice and not fooled into thinking its real when its real fake.

The KO's look like a nice alternative to the originals and honestly, I never even knew of a Seeker markup because i've had them for so long.

Would I pay 200 dollars for a Thundercracker? No....... I'd rather wait for the hasbro version:2c: , which we all know its coming eventually.

EDIT: Moral of the story... buy things SOON! Everyone spending 30 dollars on a KO Skywarp could of had the real thing last year for 40-50 bucks.:2c: