KO G1 style gift sets Taboo?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by NIGHTHAWK33SK, Jan 8, 2012.

1. NIGHTHAWK33SK

NIGHTHAWK33SK Well-Known Member

I was recently looking for the KO combiners that were done in G1 style gift set form and someone said their kinda taboo now cause were coming from Hong Kong and can't get them anywhere now.

Is this true and why now would they be Taboo??

2. Gammatron 64

Gammatron 64 Well-Known Member

Well, they are to a degree, but I'm not the kinda guy to judge somebody over something as silly as this. I bought a few myself. I really like those KO Dino cassettes and headmaster heads, as there's no way I'd be able to get them otherwise.

However some people do have some very legitimate issues with the KOs, namely that they're almost indistinguishable from the originals and can be used to screw people into thinking they're buying originals. Also the guys from KOToys have a bit of a well, history.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I have a feeling what he means is his source for them has run dry, either the factories have stopped producing them or his source has some how lost his ability to acquire more.

as for being taboo, to a degree one could say they are as they sadly tend to get sold as legit G1s when they are not. If you buy and sell them as KOs no one has a problem with it ( save perhaps HasTak).