KO G1 reissues

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TrukkinMunky, Mar 26, 2011.

1. TrukkinMunky

TrukkinMunky Autobot

Ebay:
    The main line of figures i collect is the classics/generations line. But I want to get into the G1 line, nnow i dont want to get every figure just ones who had screen time in the show, mainly the first season guys. I also know that people want to buy the 1984-85 actual G1 versions and I think thats really cool, but I don't mind getting reissues/high quality knock offs. So my question is are the KOs that came out with in the last couple months(mirage, sunstreaker, springer ect) of high quality. I would like to get them to save on money and to let the major G1 figure fans have there childhood figures :) 

here is a link to one of the guys I was looking to get.

https://kotoys.com/store/index.php?..._id=77&zenid=5e2aacc6597e010a6f76b6470f0684a9

2. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I cannot speak for the quality of the KOs as I do not have any, but I will give you my opinion of genuine vs. KO in general. In my opinion, the only advantage to getting these KOs is to get a "minty" figure with a box, etc. If thats all you want, then get the KO. Personally, I like the old used, loose figures with sticker wear (or lack of stickers). You can sometimes find good deals here on the boards for genuine G1 figures and some are in excellent shape, but most aren't. I also enjoy the journey of completing my incomplete figures and finding their parts, etc. I also don't need the box. Just my :2c: 

3. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I don't have many KOs but the ones that I have are top notch. I got G1 Shockwave and Devastator. I have had no issues with them what so ever. Devastator is as close to a 1 to 1 as you can get. Shockwave is really awesome but the wiring to his cannon is shorter then the original G1.

The plastic quality is perfect. No issues with the plastic at all. Also the best part is the Mint boxes. My original Mint Devy, is now MIB. Box is the KO box, figure is the original.

4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's pretty much hit and miss for the most part with those figures.

That said, I do recommend Mirage:thumbs2: 

5. It Is Him

It Is Him Well-Known Member

Did the prices come down on these recently? I remember them being slightly more expensive.

6. Chaosbringer

Chaosbringer Casseticon Master

Blitzwing color is off, you can see it better in low light at night, it is alot lighter..

7. TrukkinMunky

TrukkinMunky Autobot

Ebay:
    Also how long does shipping take? I dont mind waiting, i just dont want to wait super long.

8. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    From KOtoys it could be anything from him shipping a day or two later to a month. It depends how stoned he is, from what I understand :lol 

9. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    What I recommend is putting your order through Daelite10. He can get them for you. He is good at communicating on how long it takes. But usually 2 - 3 weeks.

10. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you do decide to go the KO route, I would leave KOtoys alone. Do your homework and read the feedback here on this forum. Also, I have never had any problems with t800pro on the iOffer.com website. Good thing there is that you can make offers and haggle with the seller. He also provides you with tracking numbers.
    I have a MISB/MIB collection so I don't really mess with my figures, but of the KOs, I have:

Devastator (from iOffer, perfect)
    Menasor (from iOffer, 2 out 5 windows busted)
    Shockwave (from KOtoys, perfect)
    Mirage (from unknown seller on eBay, box destroyed, seller replaced)
    Sunstreaker (from KOtoys, had to reglue the bubble to the card)
    Reflector (from iOffer, perfect)
    Octane (from iOffer, perfect)
    Springer (from iOffer, perfect)
    Wheeljack (from KOtoys, perfect)
    Scourge (from iOffer, perfect)
    Cyclonus (from KOtoys, box was beat up, never replied to emails concerning condition)

11. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    I purchased my Clear G1 Prime from t800pro on iffoer.com and it came with 2 left arms and then he sent me another one for free without. If you want them from kotoys then you should speak with Daelite(joe) or Decptigtar(Sean) and these guys can help you out as they sell the kotoys product stateside. All 3 of the people I mentioned are awesome to deal with.

12. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

Hey guys,

By any chance does anyone here have the CLEAR G1 Mirage that has 2 left arms? The one I bought off of ebay a while ago has 2 right arms. I knew about it when I bought it...the price couldn't be beat.

...so I figured if someone out there had the same...but opposite:inquisiti ...problem we could work out a trade.