KO G1 Optimus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Golden Age, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Does anyone remember how to distinguish between a real G1 Optimus Prime Box/toy and a knock-off?

2. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    The grey border around the window on the box, the KO is all the way around and thicker then the original box.

3. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Are those ones you see on ebay, the ones usually from Aus etc decent quality? They usually have the black Japcon thing, as well as a red and blue version available, for under 100$--Is it just like the Gen-1, with diecast and plastic, anyone know or purchase one yet?

4. Sludge

Sludge Formerly NC Bulkhead

News Credits:
    I bought one. It just got delivered yesterday. I bought it to keep MISB so I can't vouch for the toy quality. But the box is almost identical to the original. It even has 1984 Hasbro printed on it. But as Mike pointed out, the grey border around the window is different. But it still looks REALLY good. The box quality is surprisingly good also.

It fooled my wife. She isn't into Transformers but she's seen me get them in the mail for years now. I almost got in trouble (because she knows how much a real MISB Prime would cost). :D 

5. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Definitely on my must-get list. Apparently the quality is identical to the real thing o_O 

6. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

yeah, but i'm more worried about fakes posing as real G1 Primes.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    My advice to you would be if you are ever uncertain, either ask the seller or post it up here. If it is a KO trying to pass off as the real thing someone on here will figure it out.

8. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

cool.