KO Frenzy, Rumble, Ratbat, Laserbeak

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Deceptigtar, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With wanting to finish off collecting the tapes for my soundwave, I see alot this KO that actually look really great, on ebay. though i really do not support KO, but cant really afford a G1 for something in my opinion is minor in my collection would be a nice way to have his army. does any know if these are worth it? didnt some of the originals have gold guns? that doesnt really matter to me. I tried to compare pics of KO and real ones and cant see a huge noticable difference.

Just wondering if anyone ahs by chance gotten these or can help fill me in on these guys.

Thanks

2. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Ratbat is pretty cool. It's loose but good.

"Frenzy" (blue) is fine, except that the stickers are applied horribly. At least mine. I removed and cut/trimmed a lot of them. But besides the stickers it's good.

I think the only real difference is the chrome on the weapons. The KOs have silvers but should have gold... at least for Ratbat anyway.

I'd just get the originals though. They shouldn't be that expensive if you look around.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    They are okay from what I've seen, but NOT worth ebay prices.

4. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The ones I got are damn near impossible to tell from the originals. I know, I've compared them. Maybe there are different manufactures out there, but the ones I got are spot on.

5. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    rI've got the KO Ratbat, Rumble, Frenzy and Ravage. They're awesome! The quality is comparable to the originals except Ratbat is a little loose and Frenzy & Rumble's stickers where shit. I got some Reprolabels for them and now they stand proudly with their leader!

[​IMG]

6. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^Nice. I got the KO Frenzy new but loose from ebay for $8. His limbs go loose real quick, so I recommend doing the nail polish thing when you get the chance. And yeah, the stickers rub off and slip like crazy. I'll have to get the repros when I get the chance. Otherwise, they're the next best thing to the originals.

7. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

very much worth it. try A3U. they sold them for a while, if you get all of them in one go on e-bay, you may be able to save on shipping, making them worth it.

8. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

I must have gotten a bad batch. I hate all the KO cassettes I bought. Ratbat was a mess, loose as hell and he won't even fit inside TFC Soundwave. The others are marginally better. Ravage has loose legs, and the stickers on Rumble/Frenzy aren't very good. If I hold the TFC Laserbeak in my hand and then hold the KO Laserbeak, you can definitely discern the difference in plastics used. The TFC reissue feels a lot sturdier and higher quality.

9. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I've got the Rumble (red) and Buzzsaw set. They were all plastic. Compared to the Comm. Laserbeak KO Bussaw is better, save that his chest is gold plastic rather than diecast. Rumble has a spring that is waaaay to strong. He won't stay together in tape mode. And like other have said his stickers are ass.

10. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

The quality is flat-out substandard. They 'look' good but the joints, and especially the stickers are quite shoddy.

The clear ones are fun, but overall these would be a let down for anyone thinking of getting them as a replacement for far superior authentic counterparts.

11. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thanks for all your input guys. i really appreaciate it!!!

12. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Pretty much my thoughts exactly, these toys talk the talk but don't walk the walk so to speak. If your looking to these as a substitute for the real deal I would not get your hopes up. Rumble and Frenzy hold there own, but Ravage and particularly Ratbat just flop around all over the place, Ratbat cant even hold himself together half the time as parts just seem to fall off him. And like others have said poor stickers also accompany these guys and in my case they just peeled right off the bat.

So ya personally unless you can find these guys super cheap I would say avoid. Even for a KO bad joints + poor construction + questionable stickers = fail!

13. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    i purchased frenzy,rumble,ravage and ratbat in the 2 packs and all mine look great and only ratbat has loose wings(which i fixed)

i would recommend them as displays but not for everyday play

14. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    I think with a lot of these they are hit and miss. Ratbat is loose, there is no denying that one. Always the ears are very loose and the wings are kind of as well. Paint apps are good and if you dont mind it being loose then it would be a go. Ravage I have not come across a bad one. I open this figure up all the time to sell the Ravage on its own as it seems it is the one that is highly sought after. The die cast in it is solid and I think in 30 or 40 that I have opened I have come across one that was kind of loose.

Rumble and Frenzy are OK. They are good for poses and make OK display figures. If you can get the reprolables for them it makes them much better but that has been said here many times. There are two versions of these figures, one with plastic toes and one with die cast toes. The die cast ones are better of course and are put together better than the plastic ones. Always ask which version you are getting before you make ANY purchase. Go for the metal ones over the plastic ones.

Lazerbeak and Buzzsaw are the same. They all seem to be good and tight and display well but the stickers can come off at times. Reprolables are a good substitute for them. They also come in both die cast and plastic versions. As the whole top part of the figure is in die cast the metal ones have much more weight and just feel better.

The interesting thing about the KO version is some of the oddities you can get. I just received more of the clear versions of the cassettes including the coloured clear versions. These are great IMO as all the coloured plastic on the original figures is now done in clear coloured plastic. As in buzsaw's chest is clear orange plastic, Rumble is done in clear red and Frenzy is done in clear blue. These are not fragile but they are not ment for constant play. The clear plastic can be brittle to an extent but not to the point where if you drop it, it will shatter to a zillion pieces.

Spencer.

15. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This confirms what I was thinking, that their are multiple versions. I have the steel toe Frenzy and its cash money. To be honest the only stickers that were off where the silver/blue cassette tape side stickers. I'll try to update this post with pics in a day or two.

I would like to point out that I'm not talking these up cause I'm some kind of twisted KO supporter or anything. It just happens that my particular Frenzy is CASH MF'n MONEY! My KO Alt Wheeljack on the other hand is complete crap!

16. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    No one has mentioned yet that the red paint on Laserbeak tends to flake off.

17. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    I just one the MOSC KO Ratbat and Frenzy on Ebay; I guess we will see when it arrives! I hope it is at least decent.

18. Falldown

Falldown Well-Known Member

I bought Ratbat/Frenzy, Laserbeak/Frenzy, and Ravage/Rumble off eBay (and probably payed too much...) to go with my Soundwave. One Frenzy barely stays together in cassette mode - his arms joints aren't strong enough to hold his head down - and the 'fins' on one of his guns was slightly bent and so it won't fit onto his arm properly. However, all the rest are decent. KO Laserbeak fits into Soundwave better than the Laserbeak he came with.

One thing I have noticed is that the image on the stickers does not stand up well to friction. While the stickers have stayed on, the image on Frenzy's legs has been worn away slightly by being put in and out of Soundwave.

They're decent if you want to display them with Soundwave, but I think you might be better off finding originals if you plan to use them a great deal.

19. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Skip em. They're too small to be used for projects in my opinion. Unless if you have other plans for the KO cassettes...

20. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    Is that true?

I have a ratbat which I bought in a shop back in the early 90s which came with silver chromed weapons. It is certainly not a fake and I do not remember any of them at the time with gold chrome (my brother also bought a ratbat which has silver chrome).

Here are some photos of my ratbat as evidence.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]