KO frenzy and ratbat

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Bumble Prime, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

just got these guys in over the weekend. and i have to say that i can not tell the difference.

both of them have diecast which i wasnt expecting and come in reproduction g1 package. the stickers on frenzy stay on pretty well and seem to be better than most knockoff stickers i see. ratbat has his tape side painted on. the weapons are silver, i think there is a set with gold ones but i got the silver. interestingly the weapons are not chromed, they almost seem to have a thin layer of diecast over them, they seem heavier and have that cold feeling you get from diecast. this also gives them more of a machined finish which i actually prefer to chromed plastic which always inevitably chips off. both figures also have rubsigns.

ill take some pictures and post em if you guys absolutley have to see em

2. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    Thnx for the review.
    I'm getting them too this week, so nice to know the quality's good.
    Some pics (esp. comparison) would be nice though

3. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I got this set last week and I must say I like it a lot. My Ratbat seems a bit flimsy though, didn't really come with tight joints so he does flop around, but since he's just going to sit on my desk anyway he's still pretty good. Comparing him to pic's of the original, aside from the silver weapons they look almost identical.

Frenzy is really good, aside from the stickers feeling just a tad on the cheap side he's overall very good. The paint apps on him are noticeably different from the original, but its more that this KO is a dark blue VS the lighter blue on the original. Other then that I cant say as I dont have my KO version in front of me right now. But he's very solid overall.

Overall if your looking at this or the Ravage/Rumble set, there both worth it in my book. Maybe not quite on par with the originals but close enough, and the quality is pretty good for a KO. Like I said my Ratbat was a bit floppy but I dont know if this was just mine.

Recommended.

4. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

I just got these, and they're okay. They're much better as display pieces IMO. I'm scared to play with them :p 

Ratbat is loose, and one of his ears is pointing the wrong way... but otherwise he looks great.

Frenzy's stickers are flimsy, especially the small ones on his arms, and they're not cut that well. You can't really notice unless you're really close up, though.

Overall, I'm really glad I got them to go with my reissue Soundwave, but at closer look you can tell these are KOs.

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, my Ratbat was a little bit loose as well, basically his feet and wing claws. Superglue fixes that up nicely, and otherwise, I have no problems with him.

Not having handled a real Frenzy, I'm not really sure how his stickers compare. Yeah, they're not cut all that great, but it doesn't take much to fix them. I just peeled them off and realigned them, and trimmed off the excess with an exacto.

Otherwise, they're really good. I'm not scared to play with them, the plastic feels sturdy, up to par with an original. Parts cut is clean, with no mold flash or sprue nubs, and everything fits together nicely.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    If you are buying these to keep MISB, be careful. My package had both tape sets and the Ratbat/Frenzy card came away from the plastic enroute. There wasn't any damage done to the toys or weapons, but just a head's up. It left the card flawless, which I like!

7. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I really want these, but I am too cheap to pay $40 on ebay so I am hoping A3U gets more in. Thanks for the tip too fosterlager, I intend to open mine anyways. :D 

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, $40 is a bit much. For that price, you can probably hunt down the originals (except maybe Ratbat).

9. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    I talked to spencer a few days ago and he told me he'd be getting more for the store soon. The ones he got were all used to fill out the preorders.

10. Toonces

Toonces Domo

Ebay:
    Got this set too the other day. Frenzy looks good except for a few of his stickers wanted to fall off at first. As soon as I get to my folks I'm gonna compare him to what I have left of my origional. His chest appears darker but that's entirely based on memory.

Ratbat is pretty loose, that and his ears keep wanting to pop off. His chest and back have a little gap in them which didn't seem to want to tighten up with a screwrdiver. Either he needs longer screws or I'm going to superglue it together. It'll probably fix the problem with his ears falling off.

Overall a pretty good KO.

11. Cutthroat

Cutthroat More cowbell, dammit!

I wouldn't mind having a look, if you don't mind, and if it isn't too much trouble. I'm considering hunting these guys down and would kind of like a wee look-see beforehand.

12. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I just ordered these from A3U. They are finally back in stock. I can't wait to get them.