KO figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by javaco, Mar 13, 2010.

1. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    im not sure if this is the right section for this post, so admins, move me wherever ud like to.

buuut, im wondering whats the best store to buy KO toys. im mainly looking just so i can get parts from them.

one in particular is that "dollar prime" i want masterpiece style gun from him.

so does any1 know any stores that sell them? (BESIDES KOTOYS.COM)

2. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

KOToys.com

A member here, GenZhao, runs the site. Don't know if he has those dollar sore Primes, but I use the oversized Robot Masters Convoy's gun on my Henkei! Convoy.

Also, there's a whole thread dedicated to KO discussion.

3. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    kotoys.com is a great place as many will tell you. also check out the KO thread most of us that post there know the quality and where to find most items.

paul grant is all knowing and all powerful when it comes to KOs.

4. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    yeah but kotoys.com is soo pricey!
    ill check out that thread!

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  6. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Buyer Beware. KOToys screwed me over on a recent order. I have a Paypal claim filed against them, and probably will be receiving my money back any day now.

Here's the deal. I ordered a Clear Mirage & Sunstreaker for about $120. He shipped me a Devastator instead ~= $90. I wasn't too pissed off, because I kind of wanted a Dev anyways, so I sent him an email about it asking to return it, and at first he wanted me to ship it to another customer, then said 'OK fine, I'll ship you your original items and you can keep the Dev for $30 additional.' Not a bad deal eh?

The guy was super late in responding, so it was well past the 45 days or whatever for a Paypal response, so I was out at least $120. I paid the $30, and he said he'd ship immediately. After two weeks I asked him to provide tracking, he said 'sorry I forgot,' and promised to send me tracking number in a few days. Asked again - nothing. I've yet to receive a response to that inquiry, and it's been several weeks since. That $30 dispute is open and ticking.

I had placed an order successfully from them once before, and everything came out OK. He apparently runs two different Paypal accounts to handle his finances - seems a little sketchy when you think about it. One is Chinese only, probably his supplier.

So anyways, buyer beware!

7. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

it funny that i got my package less than 2 week after i odered from kotoys.

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Paladin, that post will probably get you a PM from him containing lots of swear words and promises to make things right. I checked the tracking number he sent me to fix a problem, and it says there is no record. I'm gonna have to contact him tomorrow to see if he's got a good reason for that.

I ordered once, something small to check out the service. I was gonna order a bunch of the G1 KOs, but doubt I will considering the experience. I'm gonna order from a seller on ioffer.com, and hope it's not his alt ID.

9. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wonder what happened to KO toys, I purchased many things from him in the past and it was always a pleasant experience. Guess he is getting more popular. if you check out the b/s/t section, a guy named TTTT is selling some KO's. The only downside is he asks for more than ko toys.

You can try Ioffer but that is a HUGE risk man. Sometimes you'll get something, other times you won't. I recommend you check out the KO thread just to make sure you avoid the deadbeat's.

10. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

Even though its against thee rules, check eBay. Use search terms like re-issue, and China.
    Ive also had good results from Ioffer. Just make sure you use Paypal, for whatever you buy online.

11. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

The following thread should contain most of what the OP is looking for

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/191817-knock-off-transformers-thread.html

As for KOtoys being too pricy? Give me a damn break, man. The prices there are perfectly reasonable, especially considering that part of the price is the shipping from China. (Do NOT skimp on the shipping from China, for anything, EVER.) And does someone really want to tell me how paying $14 for a high quality KO Classics Nemesis Prime can possibly be "pricy"?? Because I sure paid a lot more than that for the real one.

Mike from KOToys seems to be a reasonable guy who is running this online store IN ADDITION to doing his day job (which allows him to be in China in the first place.) Shipping times are going to be long. This is China we're talking about. Fast shipping can take as long as a month, and once it gets out of the seller's hands, it goes through a lot of other people's hands and there's precious little any shipper can do about it after it leaves their hands.

Being in China is often the reason for lags in communication. I live in China too, and we sleep when you yanks are awake. Also, our internet isn't always the most reliable (to put it mildly.) So be a little patient.

As for Paladine's experience, the last time I ordered from Hasbro was to get a Universe Nemesis Prime. They shipped me the little Robot Heroes version of Indiana Jones. So I guess if a big corporation like Hasbro can get things switched around sometimes, then a one-man operation like KOToys can also make a mistake here and there.

There are lots of folks who have ordered from him and have been completely satisfied.

Having said all that, the only other way you are going to get the AMAZING toys that Mike has on his site is either to (A.) come to China and get them yourself or (B.) buy them from KOToys. It's really that simple.

12. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I want to say I read about ioffer.com being good for KOs - but I have no firsthand experience with such.

13. F18Starscream

F18Starscream Commander of the Skies

News Credits:
    I would go with KO Toys, I've bought from Him in the past and my stuff (KO Predaking and mini Predaking) came within the week. I rather buy from him anytime. I don't know too much about Ioffer.com. I always go with the one I trust.

14. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I got my kotoys.com order very quickly, but I am still waiting for some replacement items for about a month and a half now...

15. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While I have never placed an actual order with KOtoys, I have made about 3 purchases from Mike himself through Windows Messenger. Sometimes it takes a while for him to reply to emails or IMs, and he took a week to ship after I paid on this last order. I didn't get the tracking info until a week later after his girlfriend shipped the package.

So....things are kind of slow moving with him, but he is a great guy and I don't believe would rip anyone off. And he will do his best to beat any other seller's prices on KOs. He's A-OK in my book.

16. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

I had a problem with them as well. I usually get my stuff from Singapore, I buy bulk orders for all my friends so we save on shipping. I did a test order with kotoys and everything was crushed in shipping because the toys were packed tightly in the shipping box. Since I had vintage triplechangers in crappy boxes already, I asked to have them replaced. Mike said he'd send me his boxes to replace them. They never came and he just stopped answering his emails. He told me to pay extra to have them wrapped safely which makes shipping the same as my other guy and he boxes stuff perfect. It's a shame too, my last order was 5 Defensors, 4 red alerts and sideswipes. His loss, others have had better luck though.

17. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

Bear in mind, this is shipping from China. China postal carriers will beat your boxes all to hell and back. I periodically get care packages from my folks back home in the USA, and it almost always arrives looking like a gorilla had eaten it and shat it out whole.

18. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Oh I know. Shipping problems I am used to, it's just a common problem. Packing things better is a way to prevent it, and it's something I am willing to pay more for. When it happens though, my guy in Singapore, or bbts, of tf source replace the items and fix the problems no questions asked instead of telling me it'll be fixed then just not responding to my emails. So my loyalty goes to the ones with the customer service.

19. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, mailing a package from China to the USA is a big difference from say New York to Texas. Everything i've ever purchased from China always arrived banged up but i'm not a box or MISB collector so it doesn't bug me one bit. The China post office really bangs up packages so I don't care how you package it, you could put it in-between two pillows and it would still arrive in bad shape lol.

20. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I and several friends have had many, many positive transactions with t800pro on iOffer.com. Great communication, good prices, and fast shipping. I can't speak to any other sellers, though. Only t800pro.