KO fansproject crystal dia/shadow/magnus commanders armors coming soon?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by mac&cheese, Nov 28, 2010.

1. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    KOTOYS + mac&cheese is a dangerous combination.

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    hey look g2 prime!

4. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

5. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    :lol  I have to agree with you on that one. I love high quality ko g1 reissues, and now im checking out ko toys everyday for any new info on the fort max, or any other g1 rissues. Hell at this rate they will ko every single g1 toy before hasbro decides to maybe encore 1 here or there. These ko give me a chance to own the g1 line that I sold to a comicshop about 20 years ago. I sold them about 300 to 500 g1 transformers all for 100.00 to trade for comicbooks which now is just crap molding in my basement. at the time I thought I was done with toys. because I figure they were for little kids only. was I ever more wrong.

6. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You complained about the price of fansprojects toys after initial release, choose not to pre-order when you had the opportunity because you'd rather have a knockoff of designs that FansProject worked hard to create, then you tried to sell a buncha FP stuff at scalper prices.

But let's talk about these new knockoffs you're so excited about.

7. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  8. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No man, m&c was talking about a possible crystal version that Mike gave as probable in future...

Anyway a shining yellow version with a yellow/black convoy inside could be very cool :D 

9. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh...reading at this time of night is just not a good idea

10. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Protector

News Credits:
    I wonder if the crystal version will translate well....

11. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    not wishing to kick the nest but isnt anyone getting fed up of KO's ??

12. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not me.

in the end one thing anyone can do really is either buy them or not. they are not going to go away.

some ppl have the money to spend on exp g1 figures or botcon figures, others dont. so the kos serve the purpose of filling that void.

is the quality the same? no. but for the fraction of the cost ppl will sacrifice that as most of us just get a figure and on to the display shelf it goes.

but i will agree, that those botcon figures getting koed is nuts. thats why people who can afford botcon and go, get the exclusive figures. if you dont have the money, well that sucks and good luck on the 2nd market. so when a botcon fig gets koed that screws the value and exclusivity.

but at the sametime i personal do not buy toys for monetary value or in the hopes it will some day.

which is why i will not purchase a SG Prime now and sold my Botcon Dark Rodimus as they are to be rumored at being koed as well. Might as well cash out now while I had the chance since I do not care about its legitamacy, rather the look of the toy.

13. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    yeah but each time I buy one the quality is the thing that really bums me out, I dont really care about their existence its the fact that they arent really that cheap and frequently dissapoint.

I buy for personal happiness and none of my toys apart from the Botcon sets have the boxes anymore, however I think from now on I'll save that extra $20 - $30 and get the real thing :) 

14. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Usually it is better to pay a little extra for the originals, since KO toys have KO quality. Remember how someone's KO classics seekers crumbled before his eyes.

15. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    Yeah, the funny thing is the real ones are normally only 20.00 to 30.00 more. But I guess they all add up when we are buying 100s of pieces. I want a ko snowman set and superion set for 45.00 to 50.00. so that I can open the box without wasting 200.00 to 300.00 on messing up the real one. even the real version I payed way too much for mine, to ever open the box. so instead of opening my real version. I must sell it to buy a few of the ko sets. The ko will give me a chance to do so, since it so much cheaper in price. now we need all of the unoffical third compaies ko stuff to be ko. sounds wierd doesnt it? maybe we will get a metallic gold and metallic silver versions too? I just hope the ko fansproject stuff stays at ko prices, so that we can all afford them to do what we want with them.

16. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yep, getting fed up with them also for my own reasons, but the thing is that they are here and barring a smart bomb taking out the makers of these, there is really nothing we can do about except to not buy them. I wont buy any type of new exclusive anymore for the simple fact is that it will most likely get KO'd.

17. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    why don't you do the smart thing and buy the real sets as soon as they come out, instead of waiting two years to see how the quality is? if you're so concerned about quality as in your previous posts, why are you buying kos? if everyone buys ko stuff from fansproject, then there will be nothing to ko, now will there?

18. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, which will in turn hurt our favorite retailers bottom line.... whats going to happen when BBTS, tfsource, kapow, and so on refuse to import TT exclusive stuff? Prices will go UP....

I was fine with G1 KO's, but new stuff is just 100% Wrong. When you KO wheeljack, who gets hurt? The secondary market....

When you KO Ghost Starscream, Lugar Mirage, DIA Commander.. you hurt

BBTS, fansproject, tfsource, kapow, edbomber, and every other import shop that makes a living selling these exclusives......

So remember that, next time you chose a KO over the authentic product our favorite stores still have in stock.

19. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    I personally wish these KO replicas would stop.

20. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I will never buy anything from that POS GenZhao. Anyone who threatens, in all seriousness, to kill other people over a difference of opinion is trash. I urge the rest of you to consider his piss poor customer service, his below quality products, and his horrible character before giving him a dime of your legit money. His business is a disgrace to Hasbro, Takaratomy, FansProject, and his character is a disgrace to Transformers fans.